Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Respect and Thanks by Surreysage17/3/2020 06:59Tue Mar 17 06:59:35 2020view thread

Northwood - Man of the Match

By Arthur11/3/2020 07:39Wed Mar 11 07:39:19 2020

Views: 696

What a change last night. I was promised by those loyal fans who go both home and away a pleasant change. Those fans, who deserve all the medals and accolades the likes of me can give, were not wrong. A very competitive first half was goalless. Two evenly matched sides cancelling each other out. They scored soon after the start of the second half, and soon after we went down to 10 men. Arguably we had other covering defenders but the referee didn't agree. We reverted from a 3 central defenders with two wig backs to a 4-4-1 formation. We deservedly scrambled an equaliser - but they all count!! Then a second sending off. This was probably the most justifiable following a clumsy challenge. The third sending off was a complete joke, and unbelievable, but after over 50 years of playing and watching football, nothing I see at Wheatsheaf Park surprises me any more!! So who was the man of the match. The goalkeeper had an excellent game again, and he proves that time and time again. The three central defenders worked very well as a unit, but two were dismissed!!! The wing backs both played well and I thought Finlay was outstanding. The two central midfielders worked tirelessly, as did the two strikers, who gave us glimpses of better things to come against more moderate opposition. Who is the man of the match? Paul Barnes was close for putting together such a fine squad so quickly to give us hope. Finally we are very competitive. However, my man of the match is Joe Dixon. He has finally realised the level of investment in coaching staff and playing staff. to play at this level. I have been very critical of him in the past, deservedly so. However, from what I saw last night he deserves the accolades for investing in this manager and the squad. Long may it last. Now it is our job to bring the fans back. The higher up the leagues you go the more travelling fans come too. Hopefully in the near future we can add up to 100 more per match - and getting back to those heady heights of National League South, the mind boggles. Than you Mr Chairman, you are my man of the match!!!

PS The programme seller and shop man need a special mention too, along with the tea bar and gate staff, and stewards. Thank you all.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Should I stay or should I go by Arthur9/3/2020 10:09Mon Mar 9 10:09:48 2020view thread