Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Is it time to turn this Forum off? by John Blair15/3 20:29Fri Mar 15 20:29:20 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sadly the inevitable gets closer ........ by Arthur19/2/2021 08:42Fri Feb 19 08:42:02 2021view thread

15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.

By southstreetswan15/2/2021 16:35Mon Feb 15 16:35:16 2021

Views: 1017

Check it out for yourself - I looked at it just like Arthur said to me to do and its all true the 15th December 2000 Alan and Matt Boon signed the stadium away and the land away and all of our rights. Was supposed to be a members club..... if the members didn't receive the money. Who did???????
All we got was terrible landlord after terrible landlord and eventually once the Boons decided theyd had enough (or got what they could) we got a terrible new ownership group and chairman we are stuck with and a lease that is weak as they come. The millions that were made from the land sale how did that even benefit the club ?
Im sorry I am a Staines Town fan ,although I can't bear to go anymore. and I was there on all the cup runs ...it was all a waste of our time .. a smokescreen to hide away the truth our ground and our club was signed away .. and all this about the Boons spending their own money what about the clubs money where is it what did they do with it ..wasnt even a private company back then.!!!!!!!
YOU CAN TELL US TO FORGET THE PAST.. its not The Thames Clubs fault that the Boons sold us out is it??? how can that be their fault however bad they treat us its down to the Boons.
TIME TO WAKE UP AND ASK THE QUESTION SO THAT WE CAN MOVE FORWARD --- WHAT DID THE CLUB DO WITH THE MONEY FROM THE SALE OF THE LAND IN 2000 ?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.

By Arthur15/2/2021 17:02Mon Feb 15 17:02:08 2021In response to 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 870

Funny you only start working and coming to life on weekdays and spend weekends doing other things. As Arthur says, this is all irrelevant to the future. The future is to support the club's board in its ongoing negotiations for the freehold. The true fans are united in this is what they want, and bad mouthing others serves no useful purpose. Perhaps you could investigate the Thames Club and find why they are so reluctant to accept the current market price for the freehold; and to let the world know where their future profits are coming from.

By Stainesloyal15/2/2021 16:55Mon Feb 15 16:55:00 2021In response to 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 894

How can i find out more information about that date, is there somewhere in companies house that shows this ?

By southstreetswan15/2/2021 17:05Mon Feb 15 17:05:01 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 898

Yes If you got to companies house check out Company number 04100991 used to be called Wheatsheaf Park (Staines) when the Boons had it now called SCARBOROUGH UNITED GROUP LIMITED. It was the company used by Sheffield United to take over the land site. If you go to page 4 you will see a posting on (04 Dec 2001 Return made up to 02/11/01; full list of members). click on the PDF and scroll down and you will see that Alan and Matthew Boon transferred their interest in the land on 15 December 2000. THIS CONFIRMS EVERYTHING ... NEED ANSWERS TO WHY OUR CLUB IS FUCKED LOOK NO FURTHER. YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHETHER ITS STAINES TOWN YOU SUPPORT OR THE BOONS. AND ASK THE QUESTION - WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MONEY FROM THE SALE OF THE LAND.

By Wakes15/2/2021 17:28Mon Feb 15 17:28:50 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 831

From what I remember, the club tried for years to find a new site for the football club, I remember seeing an article on front page of the Staines and Ashford news with the plans for a move to Hengrove Farm, included a cinema, bowling alley and a stadium based on Wycombe Wanderers new stadium. This of course was discarded by the council and local residents before an application was made to develop a site in Groveley Road in Sunbury, again the planning committee turned it down. In the end all avenues pointed to the redevelopment of Wheatsheaf park as no where else was available. The only was to raise funds to develop a quality stadium and pitch was obviously sell off the land and use the raised funds to develop a new a stadium alongside a health club. We were told the health club funds would partly go into the playing budget, everything seemed to good to be true. Goalposts were obviously moved and the deal got worse and worse. At the time it was the only way to improve the club. Alan sold the land to build a fantastic main stand, best pitch outside football league with pop up sprinklers, unheard of at our level at the time, new floodlights, far side stand, function rooms to bring income into the club and a ready made playing budget partly paid for by health club proceeds.

It didn’t turn out quite as expected but could well have also helped Alan’ build up his business to give us an amazing playing budget to fund promotions and cup runs. That is where the money went???

By Inspector Morse15/2/2021 17:21Mon Feb 15 17:21:10 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 853

Very interesting south street swan, is there anywhere here that shows how much was paid for the ground ?

If not the receiving party, then surely the buying party would have to declare it ?

By southstreetswan15/2/2021 17:33Mon Feb 15 17:33:09 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 837

Not sure but they sold it to a company called foxlea investments limited from Edinburgh... it eventually found its way to Sheffield United for £4m in 2006 and then on to the current landlords so we are talking millions. WAY WAY more than theyd ever of have to spend on a playing budget.... playing budget was 100 odd grand a year plus we got way more fans in back then. Its Very sad that we've all been fooled for so long. now in worse shape than ever because of what they did to us

By Inspector Morse15/2/2021 17:39Mon Feb 15 17:39:38 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 929

I always though the football club was run like a sports club by an appointed committee, at what point did Alan & Matthew assume total control and was money paid to this committee. If not was it Alan’s and Matthew’s to sell in the first place and why is there no record of this transaction taking place?

By southstreetswan15/2/2021 17:47Mon Feb 15 17:47:44 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 849

The club was a sports club at the time and was not a limited company. The limited company was not set up for years. AT The time it would of been the Clubs to sell and not Alan and Matthew Boons. Thats why I ask the question its the clubs business we are not talking about a private company we are talking about a local members club and with the record of transaction I don't know but it may be able to be found - like I say we are defintinately talking millions... ITS AN outrage. Needs answers.

By BigBadSwan (Swandico)16/2/2021 15:08Tue Feb 16 15:08:15 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 787

Funny how none of the old lot have commented on this thread

By gregs17/2/2021 11:25Wed Feb 17 11:25:25 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 798

Not sure what comments you want - I said my piece on what I had experienced and seen first hand with Alan over a good number of years. I was managing the reserves when this happened and as they were pulled because of nowhere to play, I wasn't involved with the club from there onwards.

What you are looking for me to say? Speculating on what could have happened doesn't help anyone......

1 person likes this 1 person   

By southstreetswan18/2/2021 14:19Thu Feb 18 14:19:01 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 690

There you go Staines Towns fans thats the attitude. Speculating on what could have happened doesn't help anyone. Rather lets speculate on what's happening and blame innocent people like The Thames Club who have simply bought a piece of real estate or for that matter (although it pains me to say it ) the current chairman who has taken over the club in this situation. The problems are a direct symptom of the decision of what the Boons have done. Its amazing people are not outraged. It is amazing people just accept it and point the finger at others 'cos we had a great cup run' 20 odd years ago.. .. hmmm ... well now we are fucked hope you enjoyed the trade off. In order to move anything forward the past must be addressed and understood. sweeping under carpets won't help anyone.

By Arthur19/2/2021 00:16Fri Feb 19 00:16:40 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 665

I t seems to me that you are holding a kangaroo court and finding the Boon's guilty - and basing this on comments I made to someone inquiring after my well been. If you want to look at this rationally, the Boon's at various times in their tenure (they were both Chairs of the club) were in a position to sign documents on behalf of the club. The fact that during this period the freehold of Wheatsheaf Park was last to the club happened is a matter of fact. whether this was a deliberate decision or because some very clever business people worded contracts to that effect is for people to think about. The financial implications of those decisions are unknown. Alan is not here to answer. None of this takes away what happened. The real relevance for the future of the club is can we purchase that freehold at the commercial value offered. Those poor innocents of the Thames Club really need to explain where their profits are going to come from. Sadly for them 2020 has been a disastrous year for them; and 2021 has not started too well - both for circumstances beyond their control. However their financial track record from inception to date has been less than impressive. They have yet to give a return to any investors and are extremely unlikely to do so in the foreseeable future. From my business experience with FTSE top 10 companies, you would have thought the Thames Club would like to give themselves a cash injection to try and rescue their business. There would be no merit in hanging on to freehold in a flood plain, worsening almost certainly due to the change in climate in the UK generally and Staines more specifically. To develop there a developer would have to make a large investment to "protect" properties from floodwater, whilst paying the council to upgrade the underlying drainage problems associated with new developments. MP's are increasingly asking questions of Government for financial support because domestic housing developments have overloaded the infrastructure causing major flood problems to whole towns and areas. The threat to an important part of the community of Staines (the football club is only echoing similar projects designed to destroy local communities, such as a pub in Eltham - the link is there.

Nevertheless we have to look at the future of our club. Trying to bang on about the Boon's will not rectify the existing problem. Contrary to David Cameron, and laterly Donald, we cannot rewrite history, however distasteful. We have to accept where we are and all push to improve the future.

PS Real fans can make posts out of working hours and on seven days a week. Take care. Back the offer for the freehold COYS

By southstreetswan16/2/2021 15:29Tue Feb 16 15:29:47 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 806

Probably from shock that the people they have loyally supported for so many years and looked up too as the good hearted local 'philantropists' seem to have converted the old sports members club into a family treasure chest. Would be great if the opposite could be confirmed but the evidence is there in black and white stacked against them and in all honesty it makes me sick. All those years supporting them believing it was their hard earned dosh they were pumping in, looks like it turns out they took the members club asset turned it to cash got the club the weak lease and talked it up using words like 'protection' then claimed to be pumping cash into the success of our club... .. prove it I say.
NO DOUBT PEOPLE WILL STAY QUIET ....TURNS OUT THE Staines Town DONT HAVE TOO MANY SUPPORTERS. I CAN at least say I am one.

By Arthur16/2/2021 17:53Tue Feb 16 17:53:06 2021In response to Re: 15TH DECEMBER 2000 THE DAY THE BOONS SIGNED AWAY OUR CLUB.Top of thread

Views: 939

The support is there. The support is for Staines Town FC - and not for anyone else. I think my original post, which was questioned, indicated this. I will not speak ill of the dead - perhaps that's my age; however both Matthew and his father were directors of the companies where the trail went, losing the freehold of the land we owned to the Thames Club. This is why I said I would apologise unreservedly to Matthew when I saw him , if he was upset by my comments, and also if he could answer the points I had to raise with him. It is really sad that money has disappeared from the club. How much and to where we may never know. This is not now the point. The important thing is that we are trying, and need to get the club's tenure secured for the long term future. There is an offer to buy the freehold.The supporters should and will back this bid. The videos posted by our, then, Chairman, show where the Club's major problems now are. The true supporters will be fighting to regain what is rightfully ours - a long term future at Wheatsheaf Park

Our team are only being kept off the top of the league by goal difference at this point of the current season. However, it is highly unlikely that we will complete this season's fixtures. The authorities are likely to discount all results.The club's future is probably going to recommence with the restart of the league for the start of next season, with a new manager and a competitive team - at Wheatsheaf Park.

COYS - from a predominantly home match fan.

Previous thread: Jacob Adams by John Blair12/2/2021 21:54Fri Feb 12 21:54:26 2021view thread