Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John BlairYesterday 20:12Yesterday at 20:12:00view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Between Season Friendlies by Arthur8/4/2021 09:02Thu Apr 8 09:02:40 2021view thread

Former Players/ Staff

By STFC_Media2/3/2021 14:45Tue Mar 2 14:45:43 2021

Views: 958

Good afternoon Swans fans, we've seen some great players down the years, but who sticks out for you as your favourites? Let us know for a new upcoming feature...

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Former Players/ Staff

By Arthur4/3/2021 08:43Thu Mar 4 08:43:09 2021In response to Former Players/ StaffTop of thread

Views: 936

Colin has made some notable comments. Thanks. However, mention needs to be made of David Wheeler - still playing regularly in the Championship for Wycombe - having had a long career. However, for players we remember, we can't mention Mo Better without mentioning Elliot buchanan (second club spell only!!) and Max Worsfold. Wonderful season where we scored over a hundred goals. The defending wasn't so good but we always had goals and great entertainment. We haven't mentioned any real defenders. Danny Gordon anyone, or Kevin fiddler. Back to forwards we can also recall moments from Ali C; and the permanent mercenary, Louis T ....... I could go on but other fans need to bring on their favourite memories

By Colin Oaten15/3/2021 19:38Mon Mar 15 19:38:11 2021In response to Re: Former Players/ StaffTop of thread

Views: 1171

Thanks Arthur. I was predominately looking at players who've made considerable steps up the pyramid as i would have never stopped if it had just been memorable Swans! I did forget another loanee who made it to the top in 'One Size' Fitz Hall though. Also of course many good players who never got out of non-league who gave us lasting memories such as John Crouch, captain of the double Middlesex Cups success of 1994,goalkeepers Matt Lovett, Shaun Allaway and Jack Turner as well, all who, in my opinion, could have graced much higher levels.

Colin Oaten

By Colin Oaten2/3/2021 15:55Tue Mar 2 15:55:46 2021In response to Former Players/ StaffTop of thread

Views: 872

Eric Young for his achievements with Wimbledon, academy graduates Scotty Taylor and Lyle Taylor from different eras, loanees who have gone on to bigger things such as John Marquis and Harry Arter and possibly yet to become the best of all ,a palyer from our academy who actually notched up 22 first team appearances as well,Joe Aribo. On the verge of securing the Scottish Premiership with Rangers and with his outstanding performances in the Nigerian shirt so far,surely to become our first graduate(i believe) to grace a World Cup Finals. Also worth keeping an eye out for recent former keeper Jacob Adams ,who i believe has recently been signed on at Fulham. Lastly,maybe a final word for Mo Bettamer, who after a mostly unsuccesful stint at Barnet,seems to have found form at Aldershot.

Colin Oaten

Edited by Colin Oaten at 20:03:06 on 15th March 2021

By Surreysage (Norm)1/4/2021 11:52Thu Apr 1 11:52:48 2021In response to Re: Former Players/ StaffTop of thread

Views: 658

Interested to see that former player Adam Thompson (Thommo) who always gave 110% and was a firm favourite at WL has returned to Kingstonion FC and is the Equalities & Diversity officer for the club.

I wonder how his style of play would be looked at by the current raft of Refs we experience.

Stay safe

PS Any news on the freehold purchase -its been very quiet since the annoucement over 3 months ago

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Help Needed - STFC Media Archive by STFC_Media24/3/2021 18:05Wed Mar 24 18:05:50 2021view thread