Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Article in Get Surrey by allen b17/2/2022 12:20Thu Feb 17 12:20:41 2022view thread

STFC RIP

By Surreysage (Norm)9/2/2022 09:54Wed Feb 9 09:54:49 2022

Views: 2212

Surely the end is nigh-just seen the owners proposal for the summer months.

Vindictive if you ask me

Best regards
Norm

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: STFC RIP

By Swan (Swan fan)9/2/2022 23:06Wed Feb 9 23:06:22 2022In response to STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1884

Can we assume that the legal case has been decided then?

I don’t imagine that these tactics would be employed in the event that the claim against the landlord had been successful. Or is the owner hoping to spot some potential players for the combined counties league challenge next season?

By Gareth Coates (beano)9/2/2022 13:49Wed Feb 9 13:49:58 2022In response to STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1833

If I were a cynic, I'd possibly suggest that tweeting about this potential event might be designed to provoke a reaction from residents / the Council / the Landlords. A cynic might say that whoever is behind the proposed event might be planning to point out that the club has limited opportunities to generate revenue, so has to try new things, such as this tournament where the ground would be in daily use, rather than a couple of times a week.

If that's the intention, it's a dangerous game to play. In the event the Community Cup goes ahead, the ground will be used on a daily basis at a time when every other club is working on their pitch; the impact on STFC during next season might be significant. In the event the tournament doesn't happen, there's the risk that having antagonised residents, the landlord and the Traveller community, STFC emerges from what could be a good news story at a lower ebb than it is now.

It's a shame, as the basic idea - given an often disenfranchised community opportunities to play - is a good one. But to run such an event for six months with daily matches makes no sense.

As an outsider looking in, this latest development is baffling.

Edited by beano at 13:50:28 on 9th February 2022

By Stainesloyal9/2/2022 11:10Wed Feb 9 11:10:42 2022In response to STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1885

Speechless, Another day another scheme

I'm all for charity events and community schemes, that is what this club should be about but I'm yet to work out how this actually benefits the football club ?

Atypical of this owner to keep the fans in the dark, why would we get behind something we know nothing about ?

By Wakes9/2/2022 12:22Wed Feb 9 12:22:00 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1727

I think it’s important to communicate to the council and the local community that this is not coming from Staines Town Football Club but from the owner who is basically holding the club to ransom.

By Stainesloyal9/2/2022 14:06Wed Feb 9 14:06:03 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1645

Yes I agree but it's on the clubs website and twitter feeds, so the club are part of this unless the owner is doing all of this himself ?

By Ian Chesterton9/2/2022 14:45Wed Feb 9 14:45:00 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1754

The owner has the log in details of the Twitter and Facebook accounts and will be posting this information himself.

Who do you think deleted the Hanwell Town match day tweets? - I'm sure it wasn't the STFC media guy who had been stoically posting about all the goals we conceded that night.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By gregs9/2/2022 14:39Wed Feb 9 14:39:55 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1651

Going to do the club no good at all. All the council and Thames Club will do is take out an injunction to stop the event going ahead as the caravans, mobile homes and horses will be parked on their land and therefore illegally. Treating everyone involved in the club with contempt and just makes the club itself a laughing stock.

By Torquayrob9/2/2022 19:08Wed Feb 9 19:08:40 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1662

It is very clear what Joe is doing - Downings- sell me the Thames Club or I will park a traveller community on your land for 6 months and you will lose all your customers!
Doesn’t give a monkeys about supporters or the club.
Disgraceful!
Dressing it up as a charity event is just a smokescreen. If it was it wouldn’t be an every day event. You could do it one day a week.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Jwbllc10/2/2022 09:20Thu Feb 10 09:20:06 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1525

Odds on Jimmy Carr taking a penalty during the opening ceremony?

By Stainesloyal10/2/2022 08:08Thu Feb 10 08:08:03 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1509

Well that was pathetic last night, It could certainly have been worse than Hanwell if the oppo strikers fancied it.

How about we focus on the team rather than trying to annoy the Thames club with a bogus scheme.

This chairman has a lot to answer for, no wonder he hides away abroad.

By Arthur10/2/2022 09:30Thu Feb 10 09:30:05 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1632

I may be getting old, but I am fairly sure it wasn't in my dreams that I shook hands with the Chairman last night. That said, I deplore some of the comments on here stereotyping minority groups within society. My club, I would like to believe , is an inclusive community club. I have no problem with tournaments at Wheatsheaf Park, nor groundsharing Wheatsheaf Park with other local teams. I believe the owner is quite right to pursue his actions against an oppressive landlord, who is only in business because of the financial support of an unscrupulous group of people. That said, the performances on the pitch are becomingg increasingly dire. The players are to blame, principally because they are playing at a level far above their capabilities. The manager is to blame for selecting such players and including them into the first team squad. Primarily the club's owners are to blame for failing to give the club sufficient funds to keep playing at this level. That said, we must remember that it is only on the guarantee of the owners that the club is still continuing this year. The club would be in liquidation without the support of the owners. We must also remember that each and every one of us would hate anyone (sorry Mary) telling us how to spend out money. Therefore we cannot tell the owners how to spend their money. The club has, arguably, the best fan base in world football. These people show loyalty to an extremely poor team. Many go to all matches home and away. They give to the Boost the Budget Scheme to try and improve the quality of the playing staff.

I will continue to do everything I can to keep the club in existence. I want to see competitive football at Wheatsheaf Park. I even went to the last away game - yes, I went to Ashford!! COYS

By Stainesloyal10/2/2022 09:40Thu Feb 10 09:40:00 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1603

Arthur I honestly cannot believe you are defending this latest embarrassment for the club.

Also by the way, everyone that disagrees with the latest scheme isn't automatically racist or stereotypical. There are many fair reasons as to why a 6 months tournament shouldn't go ahead, that's if the council allow it... which we know they won't.

There is no tournament, it's all made up, it's a complete scam to wind up the landlord. I just feel sorry for the people that are falling for it.

What Dixon doesn't understand is that he is also disillusioning the few remaining supporters and local residents. As i said above community events are fantastic but the local residents will not be happy with any event running every day for six months, the same residents we rely on for support and assistance. The same residence the owner was appealing to months ago for assistance to fight the Thames club.

I was at the game and didn't see Dixon there, maybe he was preparing the water and gas facilities in the carpark.

By Arthur10/2/2022 09:50Thu Feb 10 09:50:37 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1541

If you truly are a supporter you should realise Joe Dixon is the owner, not the Chairman. Please do your homework correctly. Please explain why the residents or landlords should be upset at the football club hosting a community event foe a minority group currently in the news headlines for some very offensive comments by as man purporting to be a comedian. Please explain why the residents would be so put out by such a tournament but embrace the land being developed for further housing developments, which would inevitably cause far more flooding to the area as the infrastructure, built in the early 1900's, cannot cope, presently with 21st century living.

By Gareth Coates (beano)10/2/2022 10:06Thu Feb 10 10:06:14 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1619

To be fair, Arthur, I think the residents of Wheatsheaf Lane would object very strongly to a housing development on the football ground.

However, the graphic that was tweeted out suggested there would be tournament matches on a daily basis between April and October. This begs a number of questions, including:

1. What impact, if any, would such a heavy schedule have on STFC's ability to play at home?
2. How will the pitch be maintained and prepared for next season if it's being played on right through the closed season?

There's nothing inherently wrong with the tournament as a concept, but most events of this kind are done and dusted in a matter of days - weeks at the most.

I'm sure that, were this tournament being played over a fortnight at the end of the season, most Staines fans would be applauding the idea.

By Arthur10/2/2022 10:21Thu Feb 10 10:21:40 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1698

Gareth,

I believe the supporters club have included this in a number of issues raised with Joe. To be honest, I do not know where the idea came from - probably on of Joe's. As he owns the club, it is his decision on what happens on the club's ground. My main thoughts are that it may be too late already, but unless something is done to the quality on the pitch, we almost certainly not be competing at our current level .The facilities, ground etc should suggest we play at a higher level.bThat is the problem for the landlords, the owner, and the fans- some of whom will disappear as the club's level of football drops. We probably couldn't compete with Egham with our current squad.

By Stainesloyal10/2/2022 10:04Thu Feb 10 10:04:39 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1481

Blimey you have had the full sales pitch from Dixon

The whole thing is an absolute joke and ironically when this fake tournament never happens, it's the minority community that will miss out.

Watch this forum closely because I'll happily say I told you so

By lampshade8810/2/2022 13:52Thu Feb 10 13:52:30 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1449

so you r tellin me that the owner puts all of this stuff online himself

he can do that but wont hold a meeting with fans what a joker

By Torquayrob10/2/2022 16:09Thu Feb 10 16:09:54 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1653

The failure of the team on the pitch is not the mangers nor the players. Don’t blame them as they are trying their hardest but aren’t good enough. It is like giving me a game - I will try my hardest as a STFC fan but I’m not good enough for a geriatric pub team. If the players are only paid expenses due to the generosity of a few fans it can be only one person’s fault - the missing owner!
It is obvious to everyone the ‘tournament’ is just a front for a personal vendetta against the Thames Club. Who suffers in this petty war, the loyal supporters of Staines Town and the paying members of the Thames Club.
As for Joe ‘saving’ us from liquidation, this latest stunt will mean STFC not being able to start next season and so being expelled from the Combined Counties before we even start. Therefore, no club to watch anyway.
Now, if only I had won the Euromillions last Friday I could have paid all parties to get lost and leave us and the Thames Club members to get on with enjoying football / the gym.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Surreysage (Norm)10/2/2022 17:18Thu Feb 10 17:18:29 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1468

Excellent post Rob . Sums up very well and accurately the situation STFC now finds itself in.

By Stainesloyal12/2/2022 13:44Sat Feb 12 13:44:53 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1587

Anyone know why the website isn't working ? Was sorting my diary for future games but the website isn't there anymore ?

Also is it true Dixon is no longer interested in the thames club free hold ?

By Ian Chesterton13/2/2022 15:20Sun Feb 13 15:20:56 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1477

https://mobile.twitter.com/StainesTownFC/status/1492556724670242816

The owner's latest tweet.

By Swandico14/2/2022 14:55Mon Feb 14 14:55:52 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1212

I hope they have checked the copyright on the original footage!! You can't just steal other peoples videos and mash them up into one nowadays ! The world of the NFT !!!

By md1974 (Sdavies74)13/2/2022 19:03Sun Feb 13 19:03:30 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1438

not a fan of the club but nedded to write something cos Saturday night I was in the pub in Chertsey and there were travellers next to me talking about this staines cup from twitter and laughing their bolloks off talking about the stadium as a great little site they were loud and drunk. This will be the end for Staines fc and the gym welcoming them with open arms really? these people moved onto a park on the back of my aunt peggys house in Redhill they were there for over 3 years and trashed the whole local are. couldnt get them out even the council were fucked off by them until they found some other poor sods area to camp up will be a shit show

By Swandico14/2/2022 14:55Mon Feb 14 14:55:11 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1199

LOL Well done

By Stainesloyal14/2/2022 16:18Mon Feb 14 16:18:25 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1298

So we are lead to believe the owner of the football club, tweets on the official account and then replies to his own messages with fake accounts that he created.

Wouldn't it just be easier to host a meet and greet, maybe I'm just old but social media is just mental

By lampshade8817/2/2022 09:32Thu Feb 17 09:32:49 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1179

oi so the owner replies himself online so it looks like he is getting lodes of replies hahaha classic

wonder how many teams hes got signed up for the tournement

By John Blair12/2/2022 20:29Sat Feb 12 20:29:53 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1599

Next 4 games are :-
Feb 15th v Uxbridge (Home) 7.45pm.
Feb 19th v Chalfont St Peter (Home) 3pm.
Feb 26th v South Park (Away) 3pm.
March 1st v Binfield (Home) 7.45pm.

By Gareth Coates (beano)12/2/2022 15:23Sat Feb 12 15:23:43 2022In response to Re: STFC RIPTop of thread

Views: 1786

"Account suspended" messages usually mean that the bill for the website hosting hasn't been paid.

Fixtures, etc can be checked via Football Web Pages: /www.footballwebpages.co.uk/staines-town

Previous thread: Tonight's game v Uxbridge - Postponed by John Blair15/2/2022 16:50Tue Feb 15 16:50:27 2022view thread