Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by Surrey sYesterday 15:31Yesterday at 15:31:35view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Man of the Match v South Park (Away) 26th Feb by John Blair27/2/2022 12:41Sun Feb 27 12:41:58 2022view thread

A supporters lament

By Arthur25/2/2022 15:33Fri Feb 25 15:33:48 2022

Views: 1077

Yesterday was a day that will go down in history. A megalomaniac decided to take over a community, where he has rarely visited, and suddenly found that local opinion was totally against his own egotistical plans for that community. It matters not how much money or power the perpetrator has, his ideas only cause animosity in the community he covets. Welcome to Spelthorne Joe Dixon.

In the past I have been supportive of Joe, when nobody else has given him time. However, life is not binary. He did some good things for our club and society. “Off balance sheet control will be outlawed in upcoming Companies Act revisions; Wheatsheaf Park cannot be developed for housing in the foreseeable future (that may have more to do with global warming and flooding than Joe - give him the benefit of the doubt) and he did make a realistic multi million pound offer to buy the freehold of the ground at the market value of that freehold.

Unfortunately, he never realised his ambition of football league status in a five year period. He took us from a steady tier three club to tier five or six. He bought a club on the verge of the playoffs, playing (arguably) some of the most entertaining football ever seen at Wheatsheaf Park, slashed the playing budget, installed an average manager from lower tier football, and expected the people of the borough to come and watch a team - which has registered enough players to fill Wembley Stadium. In his tenure he has given us three managers who could have progressed the club:

Antony Gale, rightly dismissed for non-football activities;
Paul Barnes, let go because of monetary reasons in an unprecedented pandemic and
Mahrez - who really seemed to have got the club going in the right direction as a manager. With his “constructive vDismissal (appointing a manager over him) we lost a team and gained a reputation of a club which didn’t care for its players

I nearly included Chico, our current interim manager, who has given us a team now starting to be competitive (we were on Wednesday in a very poor quality match) with absolutely no money. Please remember to give to the Boost the Budget scheme to save our club.

I think the club is looking to a future without Joe. I think for Joe, sadly, the future will have to be4 outside football. His football background was at West Ham in Big Fat Sam’s days. Sadly neither of them understood the fans singing of “Bubbles; -then like my dreams they fade and die ……” For Joe, his tenure at Wheatsheaf Park will probably lose him the “fit and proper person” status to own and run a football club.

For me, I would like to thank John, Ron, David and Christine for their remarkable efforts on behalf of the supporters club. They all have yellow and blue blood. I was told after a blood test yesterday my blood was still red, but there were pale green swirls …..

If you have read this far then you deserve ……Sophie Ellis-Bextor has been found dead at the house of a famous footballer.

Sounds like murder on Zidane's floor.

Or A bloke goes into a supermarket and buys:

* one tin of beans
* one bag of crisps
* one pack of burgers
* one tub of icecream
* one cake
* one yoghurt
* one pint of milk

He takes them over to the checkout, and the girl looks at what he has bought and asks if he is single.

The bloke says sarcastically, "Yes. However did you guess?"

The girl replies, "You're an ugly bastard."

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A supporters lament

By Torquayrob25/2/2022 17:19Fri Feb 25 17:19:21 2022In response to A supporters lamentTop of thread

Views: 732

Arthur - good post - it is good to have you on board as we sail into the great blue yonder in search of the promised land of a club we can call our own.

Edited by Torquayrob at 17:19:39 on 25th February 2022

Re: A supporters lament

By scouser25/2/2022 17:14Fri Feb 25 17:14:05 2022In response to A supporters lamentTop of thread

Views: 672

Arther you are so right with your comments, but you fogot to mention tgat we are dealing with someone who behaves like a 6yr old whos mummy said no, so he throws a tantrum

Previous thread: Rearranged game by John Blair20/2/2022 17:50Sun Feb 20 17:50:44 2022view thread