Return to front page

Newest article: Those were the days ...... by Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A change of subject by Gareth Coates1/4/2022 11:22Fri Apr 1 11:22:35 2022view thread

A message to Joe Dixon

By Ian Chesterton30/3/2022 08:03Wed Mar 30 08:03:05 2022

Views: 1815

Mr Dixon, you have failed to get your hands on the land and buildings at Wheatsheaf Park through fair means or foul.

Why don't you just walk away and hand the club over to the supporters who care about the football club.

You could arrange a meeting with the supporters face to face to explain your actions - shall we say this Saturday at 3pm?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A message to Joe Dixon

By A Voice from the Sidelines30/3/2022 20:54Wed Mar 30 20:54:24 2022In response to A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1451

Surely it’s a matter of time before Downing start looking to pursue some form of defamation case given the extent of negative coverage about them generated by the statements that Joe Dixon has made over the last 48 hours. I don’t believe however I’ve ever seen him sign off anything with his name- it’s only ever on Staines Town headed paper to the extent where I think he even signed ‘Staines Town FC’ with some sort of weird handwritten signature recently about let the Travellers Cup. If there was a case brought however, would it be against Joe Dixon, the individual or the club does anyone know?

By Gareth Coates (beano)31/3/2022 09:53Thu Mar 31 09:53:14 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1302

You'd think some form of legal action would be inevitable, but the chances are Downing won't pursue a case.

If you think about the balance of risk and reward, Downing would end up spending far more than they could possibly recoup.

As has been mentioned a few times on here, Staines Town Football Club Ltd is technically insolvent and reliant on financial support from its sole Director - Joe Dixon. Suing an eighth-tier football club would only add petrol to the PR binfire that's already going on because it looks like bullying. It would probably be the end of the club in its current form as well.

They'd probably only be able to take action against Joe Dixon personally if they had some kind of hard evidence that he was the author of the club statement and/or the subsequent tweets. However, there's a big question as to whether it would be worth the bother.

Mr Dixon controls STFC via a holding company - Fulcrum Sports Investments Ltd (FSI). FSI reports as a 'dormant' company - i.e., not trading - so the only thing that shows if you go onto Companies House is that FSI has share capital of £100. There's nothing illegal about that but what it does mean is that there's nothing on the public record which shows whether Mr Dixon has the kind of resources that would enable him to defend an action.

By Ian Chesterton31/3/2022 11:44Thu Mar 31 11:44:19 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1391

I see from Companies House that the accounts for Staines Town Football Club Limited for the year ended 31st March, 2021 were due yesterday and are now overdue.

The company's registered office has been changed today from presumably the company accountants address to STFC at Wheatsheaf Park. Does that mean that the company accountants are no longer acting for STFC Limited?

By Gareth Coates (beano)31/3/2022 11:55Thu Mar 31 11:55:19 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1198

Changing the registered office address could just be a means of ensuring the documents pertaining to the company get to someone who can deal with them. It's not automatically a cause for concern.

The previous registered office was also home to FSI and around 70 other companies, so it's possible that the change in this case might be a positive move. In addition to the sole Director, STFC does have a Company Secretary who would be authorised to amend the records at Companies House and we all know that person to have the best interests of the club at heart.

By Ian Chesterton31/3/2022 12:05Thu Mar 31 12:05:34 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1311

With on-line e-filing to Companies House the accountants could have changed the address themselves back to the football club if they are no longer acting or advising.

By Gareth Coates (beano)31/3/2022 12:39Thu Mar 31 12:39:50 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1191

Yes, that's true and it is possible that Morgans have decided they no longer wish to have Mr Dixon and his companies as clients. FSI's registered office has also been changed to Wheatsheaf Lane today.

We can't know who made the changes or, at this stage, how significant they are.

By Ian Chesterton31/3/2022 13:50Thu Mar 31 13:50:36 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1266

Thinking about it the accountants probably changed the registered office address to WP.

Joe Dixon wouldn't have changed it to WP seeing as he refuses to even play at WP due to Downing's alleged "dealings". Why would he have correspondence sent to an address he refuses to be at?

By John Blair30/3/2022 12:18Wed Mar 30 12:18:18 2022In response to A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1571

As Chairman of the Supporters Club myself, my colleagues on the Supporters Club committee, the Supporters and Club officials were gobsmacked by Joe Dixons latest statement suspending STFC from all footballing activity.
In effect he has destroyed our club.
We are now formulating plans for the future.
If you wish to discuss anything with me feel free to contact me on 07770-546862 or by e-mail on [email protected].

By Yellow Swan (pp7822)30/3/2022 14:04Wed Mar 30 14:04:05 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1439

John - Can we ask what plans the supporters club have in mind? I think at this rate, it may be too little, too late sadly. I think we have seen too many times that once a club slips into situations like this (look at big clubs like Bury!) they are virtually impossible to bring back. Although negative., I know, but I can’t see a way back to be honest.

By John Blair30/3/2022 15:02Wed Mar 30 15:02:50 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1433

Any plans that are being discussed are in their infancy at the moment.
An official statement will be circulated in due course.

Edited by John Blair at 15:35:33 on 30th March 2022

By Yellow Swan (pp7822)31/3/2022 20:30Thu Mar 31 20:30:03 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1125

Thank. You

By Traceyjs30/3/2022 13:36Wed Mar 30 13:36:27 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1410

I used to be on here many years ago under a different name but this has prompted me to re-register. I haven't been to the ground for a long time, mainly as I hardly watch football these days but I've always followed STFC's fortunes. The current situation is heartbreaking for the loyal fans who have stood by the club as the owner tried to destroy it. I hope there is a future somehow for Staines Town and will be at Wheatsheaf Park (or wherever) if a home game is allowed to go ahead.

By Arthur30/3/2022 09:32Wed Mar 30 09:32:24 2022In response to A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1547

I agree with this sentiment. As a supporter Joe is one of a number of people who have questions to answer about the running of the football club. We know, I think, Joe is in the USA and will not be at Wheatsheaf Park on Saturday. Sadly I can't make it either. However, in spite of a lot of mistakes still being made, we must not get too binary in this - it is not everything he did or does was wrong. The bid for the freehold at Wheatsheaf Park was at the commercial value of the property. The offer was rejected, not by the owners of that freehold but by a third party. That third party need to be there on Saturday too to explain why the freehold value of the land and buildings is in excess of the current market values.

By Surreysage (Norm)30/3/2022 09:40Wed Mar 30 09:40:04 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1645

Are you really serious Arthur.

Still trying to defend Dixon after all he has done to destroy STFC .

Sadly what he promises and what he delivers are two different worlds.

By Arthur30/3/2022 10:11Wed Mar 30 10:11:59 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1546

I started my comments that he has many questions to answer, the latest outburst is nonsensical. I did, have, and always will defend his bis to buy Wheatsheaf Park at the current commercial value. I could go on about why the freehold was not sold, and why the freehold bid - in the books of the legal owner (the Thames Club) - was responded to by a supposedly unrelated (see Report and accounts) third party. It is never all black or all white.

By Yellow Swan (pp7822)30/3/2022 13:56Wed Mar 30 13:56:18 2022In response to Re: A message to Joe DixonTop of thread

Views: 1480

I agree, nothing is black and white. Completely accept that. But when a decision like this to completely suspend the club including honouring our remaining matches, then the fans quite rightly expect the club to be held to account for such a decision. That would include, as has already been mentioned, being visible and present at the club on the weekend to speak with fans. Why not call the supporters club and invite them in so they can feedback to the wider following? It goes back to the ongoing issue of a complete lack of communication and apparent disregard for the loyal supporters of this 130 year old club which is now facing, it would appear, it’s final days.

Previous thread: Statement from Isthmian League by dlands30/3/2022 17:00Wed Mar 30 17:00:13 2022view thread