Return to front page

Newest article: S&L(M)FC - Pre-season Friendlies for the 2024/25 C… by FlyingPigletToday 07:28Today at 07:28:12view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Confirmation that STFC kicked out the league system by Ian Chesterton4/7/2022 13:13Mon Jul 4 13:13:21 2022view thread

What Is Going ON?

By Arthur17/6/2022 10:11Fri Jun 17 10:11:51 2022

Views: 1969

For those of you who are avid readers of Staines Town Football Club Limited, you will have read with some sadness that there was a filing confirming the resignation of Steve Parsons as Company Secretary. As I was tasked to do some investigative work I found that on the same day (1June) there was a filing that one Joe Dixon has ceased to be a person with significant control over Staines Town Football Club Limited. This statement is authorised by one of ....... Director (only one); Company Secretary (there isn't one) Authorised Person; Administrator; Administrative Receiver; Receiver Manager ......

It looks like Joe may no longer wish to put any more money into the Limited Company. It may well he is in the process of winding it up. I am not suggesting a whip round forJoe, but we may soon have to be organising working parties to make our Mecca usable again.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: What Is Going ON?

By Arthur1/7/2022 11:12Fri Jul 1 11:12:33 2022In response to What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 836

Fulcrum Sports Investments Limited, which gas been renamed Valhalla, a company registered in the offshore tax haven of the British Virgin Islands, is now in the process of being "struck off" by Companies House for not filing accounts. Matthew Boon, who I am feeling sorry for in this instance, owns 20 shares in Fulcrum Sports investments Limited. The remaining 80 shares have been sold to Paulo Olivers, a Brazilian, who she's the same British Virgin Islands address as Valhalla. And recent history shows that same Joe Dixon sold his shareholding in Staines Town Football Club Limited to Antonio Silva, a Brazilian, who shares the same British VirginIslands PO Box address. Has anyone got a clothes peg, I have used all of mine up?

By allen b1/7/2022 18:19Fri Jul 1 18:19:44 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 826

Surely its more likely that Paulo Olivers and Antonio Silva are figments of Joe's imagination than he was able to find two Brazilians in BVI prepared to front these two companies?

By Trevor R1/7/2022 13:43Fri Jul 1 13:43:53 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 869

I think it's pretty clear that STFC is almost certainly no longer going to exist as a "football club" even if STFC Ltd still continues for a while longer.

What's interesting is what's going on with all this stuff in the BVI... Some sort of scheme that will home to light at some point in the future I suppose.

And has anybody been to look at the ground since the revelation that a huge chunk of the pitch has been "handed back" to the neighbour?
Have they been on the pitch moving the boundary fence for example?

And is it just me or has the club website disappeared to be replaced with some place holder page?

Edited by Trevor R at 13:47:15 on 1st July 2022

By Jwbllc2/7/2022 10:26Sat Jul 2 10:26:22 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 672

Twitter page has gone too.

By Skippy131/7/2022 14:33Fri Jul 1 14:33:06 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 828

I went down to the ground a couple of weeks ago. Nothing had changed boundary wise, but it was sad to see the knee high grass and broken goalpost. The broken goalpost got me, it seemed to sum up the demise of the club due to one man’s ego.

By Surreysage (Norm)1/7/2022 13:42Fri Jul 1 13:42:39 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 854

Thanks for the update Arthur.

Can you help me please-does change of majority ownership to a Brazilian slow down or complicate the striking off.If and when it is struck off how does this impact on the lease with TC and the situation as a whole.

Thanks

By Arthur1/7/2022 14:39Fri Jul 1 14:39:22 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 798

Norm,

I think that Fulcrum Sports Investments Limited will be struck off. I don't think anyone will produce accounts for them. Staines Town Football Club Limited is a different kettle of fish. They currently have no officers. Steve resigned as Company Secretary, subsequently Joe resigned as a Director. When there are no directors, then the members (shareholders) have to take steps to appoint a director. Antonio Solve seems to be the shareholder. Secondly, Staines Town Football Club Limited has a negative balance sheet of £200k. This means it is technically bankrupt and should cease trading. The previous year Joe undertook the company was a going concern for the following 12 months. There is no such guarantee in the current year's micro accounts. The main creditor is Joe who has booked sums due to him for legal fees paid on behalf of STFC Limited. The Thames Club also are owed money by STFC Limited. Either of these two major creditors could make an application to appoint a receiver/liquidaor to wind up Staines Town Football Club Limited.

I can't comment on the lease. I know (hearsay) that it is for as peppercorn (=nominal) rent. I am not sure if there are any other ongoing commitments to the Thames Club as landlords. I would hope that if STFC is the leaseholder is in the process of being liquidated then the lease becomes null and void. That point has not yet been reached.

I retired as an accountant in March 2013 ...... I wish I had been a ballet dancer!!

By Surreysage (Norm)1/7/2022 14:53Fri Jul 1 14:53:30 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 810

thanks Arthur for explaining.

Guess its still too early to celebrate the exit of Dixon- have a strange feeling that he will still pop up in some form or another in the future.

Sadly , a very damaged individual who I hope will seek medical help in order to avoid wasting the remainder of his life.

By Chester Fan29/6/2022 22:04Wed Jun 29 22:04:39 2022In response to What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1208

Hi guys, Chester fan here with a update that I thought you’d like to see. I found this in Twitter and you now have a new owner in Mr Antonio Silvia. If you haven’t already read this it’s dodgy as hell.

https://twitter.com/againstleague3/status/1542215089666785282?s=21&t=QJMQNj8X8Ng8-0LOShj5Dw

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By A Voice from the Sidelines29/6/2022 21:26Wed Jun 29 21:26:18 2022In response to What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1064

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1542215089666785282.html

By Ian Chesterton29/6/2022 21:56Wed Jun 29 21:56:18 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1032

An excellent article which sums everything up very succinctly.

By Trevor R17/6/2022 18:50Fri Jun 17 18:50:00 2022In response to What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1597

I've emailed the Combined Counties League to find out if they have been able to make contact with anyone connected with STFC Limited.

As it stands they have not and attempts are being made to contact Joe Dixon...

It's very strange that the pitch encroaches into a neighbouring property, and that this hasn't arisen before now.

By Arthur17/6/2022 19:26Fri Jun 17 19:26:13 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1616

Joe always stated that he did a very thorough due diligence before buying the club. He was part of a consortium of four including a Chinese Bank and a property developer. I cannot believe this would have not come to light. If it is true, he loses all credibility as a business man. I also cannot believe that when the re-organisation took place, with the Thames Club becoming the freeholder, that Alan Boon would have accepted a pitch that was not full size. I think this is Joe's attempt to try and save face with the council, the STFC supporters, and the owners of the Thames Club all with views contradictory to Joe.

And for Christine, a quote from Spike Milligan ........ The best cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree!

By Voicefromthepast18/6/2022 16:32Sat Jun 18 16:32:09 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1534

I'm not so sure about Joe Dixon just losing his creditability as a business man, in my opinion, he has lost creditability as a human being!
I wonder whether this guy ever had any money of his own or does he now have some creditors that have forced him off to hide under a stone somewhere? It's a real shame that no due diligence was carried out on this idiot as a buyer.
The issue about 1/3 of the pitch is absolute rubbish. When I was involved on the commitee both when Alan Boon was chairman and before that the only discussions with Brian, the egg farmer, were that the boundary was, in fact, further East than Brian would admit! Think about it, why is the terracing behind the goals so narrow if STFC had done any land grabbing.

By md1974 (Sdavies74)18/6/2022 16:54Sat Jun 18 16:54:56 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1578

Credibility Voice From the Past, thats the word that you are looking for, the word creditability does not actually exist, unless of course you are inventing your own words like the Sumerians in Southern Mesopotamia. Perhaps , if you do not mind, I could refer you to a local spelling tutor for over 40's ? Maybe as part of the committee during Alan Boons time at the club you could explain to everybody where the money went when the Clubs land was sold ? As a committee member surely you would have been privy to the specific Bank Account that the money was deposited in and the details of who that Bank account actually belonged to ? or maybe you would have been privy to how the proceeds of the sale of the Clubs land were dispersed and what exactly they were dispersed for ? Unless like spelling you are also handicapped in mathematics, which unfortunately says a lot about the committee during Alan Boons tenure..... CUE.. long period of silence, followed by generic insulting response which answers nothing.

Edited by Sdavies74 at 17:01:19 on 18th June 2022

By Gareth Coates (beano)20/6/2022 09:43Mon Jun 20 09:43:34 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1215

Surely the whole point of selling the freehold was to pay for the redevelopment of the ground? I remember how decrepit it had become before the enabling development that was / is the Thames Club transformed the entire site.

I remember STFC groundsharing with Chertsey, Egham and Walton & Hersham for the best part of a decade before the rebuild - at significant financial cost - because the ground as it was was deemed in too poor a state to host Isthmian League football.

I remember STFC upgrading their floodlights and putting in an extra 250 seats during their sequence of FA Cup runs (which I observed from a distance with a mixture of admiration and jealously because Ashford Town (Middlesex) has never reached the First Round Proper).

I'm pretty sure that however much money was generated by the club selling the freehold, it would all have been spent on the club's needs. On the bricks and mortar Joe Dixon seems to have abandoned, on the playing budget, on utility bills.

I hope that's enough of a variation from the "generic insulting response which answers nothing" you were expecting?

I'm more interested in the fact that Joe Dixon and Fulcrum Sports Investments appear to have passed control of STFC Limited to a Brazillian based in the British Virgin Islands. What would a Brazillian whose service address is in a known tax haven want with a bankrupt football club with no Chairman, no Secretary, no Manager, no players and (apparently) "two thirds of a pitch"?

By Surreysage (Norm)20/6/2022 14:36Mon Jun 20 14:36:25 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1119

hi gareth-has dixon done this to avoid paying off debts and making it even more difficult for the TC to cancel the lease

and STFC to be wound up.will TC now have to deal with this Brazillian guy rather than Dixon hmself.

.He certainly gets a kick out of making life as difficult as possible for decent folks

By Gareth Coates (beano)20/6/2022 14:44Mon Jun 20 14:44:34 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1200

I've no idea.

If the limited company doesn't meet its commitments under the lease (I'm thinking paying the rent as the main one), then they'd be in breach of contract, which would be legal reason to terminate the lease.

But yes, anyone seeking to deal with the company would need to contact the new person in charge, rather than Joe Dixon or Fulcrum Sports Investments.

By Ian Chesterton20/6/2022 12:43Mon Jun 20 12:43:34 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1124

So a major shareholder is now listed at Companies House, but no active current company director.

By Arthur21/6/2022 19:23Tue Jun 21 19:23:59 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1002

Seemingly Antonio Silva, a Brazilian who has an address in a tax haven where you have no need to file accounts, is a person with significant control. Fulcrum Sports Investments Limited are also a person with significant control on STFC Ltd. Fulcrum have one member(shareholder, who has the name of Joe Dixon. Fulcrum have a registered address of Wheatsheaf Park. I am not sure what Joe is doing, suffice it to say it is not for the benefit of the football club. I am assuming he is reorganising things to piss off the fans, to piss off the landlords, to piss off the community irrespective of cost. He is protecting the current lease and will, I am sure, try to extend it for as long as possible thereafter.I haven't seen the lease. I don't know about ground upkeep. It would probably cost the landlords more to sue any of these guises of Joe than they could possibly recover. If only Joe had spent as much effort and money I the playing side we may still be a level 3 or 4 club. Joe's win is that he is pissing everyone off. I just think I may go and search for Lord Lucan, starting with his Staines properties.

By allen b22/6/2022 07:12Wed Jun 22 07:12:36 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1188

Do you really think that Antonio Silva really exists? Brazilian with an address of 3150 Main Street? Also Fulcrum has now been renamed Valhalla, in greek mythology it was ruled over by Odin, the god of war, and was where half of those who died in battle rested.

By Arthur22/6/2022 10:49Wed Jun 22 10:49:20 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1142

Actually, I think he does exist. The address in a tax haven means that if you pay him enough you can use his name ......... As for Fulcrum Sports Investments Limited, a London Gazette filing has Benn made for the second time because the accounts are very late in being filed (there will be a fine for the company). It only has one director - Joe Dixon. In the meantime, STFC Limited is trading illegally - without a director or company secretary. It is insolvent and can only keep going if someone promises to meet its ongoing costs. there are to persons with significant control, one in the British Virgin Islands, and a company with £100 share capital, which has one director, by the name of Joe Dixon. "Oh what a tangled web we weave ......" Just to spite those he feels hacve not supported him.

I'm off to Wheatsheaf Park for the Travellers Cup

By Trevor R20/6/2022 11:55Mon Jun 20 11:55:09 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1161

Well the Brazil national team DO wear a yellow and blue strip... don't they?

But seriously, I think this whole debacle is as "sketchy" as hell, and Staines Town FC has now faded away without even a whimper.

Is the Thames Club a profitable business?
If the old farm, the pitch, the car park and the Thames Club were to be levelled...?

Edited by Trevor R at 12:02:06 on 20th June 2022

By Gareth Coates (beano)20/6/2022 12:51Mon Jun 20 12:51:26 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1108

"Is the Thames Club a profitable business?"

No. According to the most recent filed accounts, it had trading losses of just under £5 million by 31st December 2020.

"If the old farm, the pitch, the car park and the Thames Club were to be levelled...?"

Well, who knows? The 'h' word keeps cropping up, but the area around the ground is already pretty built up and I'm think the pitch might be classified as part of the local flood plain, which would definitely be a significant barrier to redevelopment, but possibly not insurmountable.

By Surreysage (Norm)18/6/2022 21:54Sat Jun 18 21:54:07 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1371

Quite agree Wakes- being a man of few words all i would say

Repello tergum Sub lapide tuo Parvus Excrementum

By Wakes (Wakes)18/6/2022 20:37Sat Jun 18 20:37:37 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1456

The above post has an extremely suspicious Joe Dixon ring to it and extremely defensive in nature simply for someone pointing out and rationally explaining the ridiculous issues regarding the land.

Looking at his previous 3 posts, one can tell he is not legit and is posting from a burner account. The above post is extremely well worded with excellent grammar, yet the older post regarding a conversation in a Chertsey pub are the ramblings of an uneducated and illiterate dimwit. The only other post is a direct link to another crazy club statement, how very strange!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By lampshade8818/6/2022 20:11Sat Jun 18 20:11:26 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1393

the only time dixon has ever spoken to the fans is on a public forum pretending to be sum1 else

haha

nobody in staines supports him

he just wants land to build houses on and ruin our club

By Skippy1318/6/2022 20:30Sat Jun 18 20:30:49 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1429

Funny you should say that, I was thinking pretty much the same thing! He’s turned the club into a laughing stock (see Twitter). I walked down to the ground this afternoon and it’s so sad to see it in that state

By dlands17/6/2022 20:33Fri Jun 17 20:33:07 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1537

It’s all probably irrelevant now but was the nearby resident somehow not aware that they might be missing some of their land?

Also, I am definitely no expert on these matters but I seem to recall something about if land is occupied for a certain length of time that it becomes the occupiers however unjust that may be?

Like I say all irrelevant now just thinking out loud.

By MGP17/6/2022 13:42Fri Jun 17 13:42:28 2022In response to What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1614

There’s now an update from Joe Dixon

By Gareth Coates (beano)17/6/2022 14:10Fri Jun 17 14:10:50 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1713

Which basically translates as "STFC is dead and it is everyone else's fault".

If this bit of the statement is true:

Namely that the parcel of land towards the car park end of the football pitch was being wrongfully occupied by STFC as part of its lease with its landlord, The Thames Club. The land does in fact rightfully belong to a nearby resident and that resident has now legally been given back their land.

This unfortunately means that there is no longer room for a full eleven a side sized football pitch at Wheatsheaf Park, namely that the penalty box now belongs to another party.

The Thames Club as Freeholder have also accepted this and in correspondence between Steve Lewis (Chairman of The Thames Club) and STFC, Mr Lewis has stated the following in relation to this parcel of land, ‘The issue is that STFC appears to be occupying land outside of the area set out in the lease (and indeed outside our own land). Some knowledge of the history, together with our initial view of the relevant plans, support this. We understand that STFC (well before your personal involvement and ours as freeholder) knowingly or unknowingly occupied the land in question, now belonging to a nearby resident, for its own purposes; purposes which presumably resulted in the position of the football pitch today’.

then Wheatsheaf Park has no future as a football ground. If it isn't true, then the author of the statement might find themselves in a spot of bother legally, given the insults and accusations that pepper the rest of the document.

By Arthur20/6/2022 13:06Mon Jun 20 13:06:39 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1103

There can ce no construction of either private dwellings or commercial property on the site. Council agreed. There could, for example, be Thames club improvements such as tennis courts or .......... 5 a side pitches. I am not sure if this would make the Thames Club more profitable. In, circa 2015, there was a massive injection of cash into the Thames Club. With the accumulated losses since then, the Thames Club may need further cash injections. A successful, competitive football c club would help attract fans and potential new members - see Steve Lewis.

By Stainesloyal20/6/2022 10:56Mon Jun 20 10:56:39 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1306

The only way to top the current press release from dick-son is the one unveiling a new owner and their intention for buying a debt ridden club with no fans or staff.

Buying popcorn on the way home from work tonight in anticipation.

By Wakes (Wakes)20/6/2022 11:11Mon Jun 20 11:11:28 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1192

You forgot to mention the 2/3 of a pitch. Perhaps he is the owner of the proposed over 60s walking football club? 😂😂😂

By Trevor R17/6/2022 22:19Fri Jun 17 22:19:01 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1635

The below is a document used when work was done on the property at 13 Wheatsheaf Lane

https://docs.spelthorne.gov.uk/publisher/docs/033BC8671B269190A86574DBE84DA61D/Document-033BC8671B269190A86574DBE84DA61D.pdf

This DOESN'T show the boundary of the old farm running through the pitch back in 2019... so how come this comes to light now?

However, I think it's academic now...?

By Hendonboy17/6/2022 20:58Fri Jun 17 20:58:54 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1559

Even if it were true, I'm not even sure what the relevance of it is given Joe Dixon STFC aren't willing to use the ground anyway. All it does is show that the current owner failed to do their own due diligence.

As an interesting side note, I'm impressed that multiple "residents of a care home in Maentworg" sent their full support to STFC given the nearest care home is 5 miles away in Blaenau Ffestiniog. You;d think if you were going to make up a tale like that you'd check that one actually existed first.

Edited by Hendonboy at 20:59:04 on 17th June 2022

By Wakes (Wakes)17/6/2022 15:09Fri Jun 17 15:09:28 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1564

Nobody can reply to his tweet but the hence of it is the bitterness he holds of wasting 4 whole years of trying to get that land and all the money he’s thrown away not to mention his reputation being in tatters, must be a bitter pill for him to swallow…

By Traceyjs17/6/2022 15:16Fri Jun 17 15:16:30 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1602

I'm really confused about the whole pitch apparently not being part of the lease. It's been like that for as long as I can remember but wouldn't this have come up in searches?

By Stainesloyal17/6/2022 14:30Fri Jun 17 14:30:17 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1579

The homophobic slur detailed in that statement is absolutely abhorrent

By MGP17/6/2022 14:41Fri Jun 17 14:41:14 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1609

Agreed, clear who it is made at and absolutely disgusting

By Traceyjs17/6/2022 14:48Fri Jun 17 14:48:07 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1597

Disgusting comment.

Having read the statement all I can say is it's the rantings of a lunatic. Sadly a lunatic who's ruined a football club

By Wakes (Wakes)17/6/2022 15:12Fri Jun 17 15:12:01 2022In response to Re: What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1629

He’s also ruined himself in the process. He‘ll never own another football club or indeed a business again in the uk…

By Trevor R17/6/2022 11:17Fri Jun 17 11:17:06 2022In response to What Is Going ON?Top of thread

Views: 1807

I don't think that anything is "going on", Arthur.

STFC would appear to be moribund, with no-one "in charge" and doing the day to day admin involved in running the club...

Unless there IS work going on behind closed doors and the club can look forward to the "sunlit uplands" of football at Wheatsheaf Lane once mire

Previous thread: Sad Sad day by staineskiwisupporter28/6/2022 05:59Tue Jun 28 05:59:42 2022view thread