Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurYesterday 08:09Yesterday at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Last game of the season- May 13th. by John Blair12/5/2023 19:44Fri May 12 19:44:02 2023view thread

Just one team in Staines ..........

By Arthur26/4/2023 09:48Wed Apr 26 09:48:06 2023

Views: 1760

This was part of the promise of the new venture for Staines and Lammas FC. The silence about next season if we achieve promotion has been deafening. Will we have facilities for the team to go up to the next level, or are we promised the same as this season. We also have fixture problems and are going to play matches out of the borough at Abbey Rangers. They are a good side with good facilities. If I wished to travel to Addlestone I could do so regularly. I could also choose to go the Chertsey, Met Police, Hampton etc. I chose to go with the one team in Staines. Were inquiries made to play the game at Ashford, Ogham, Bedfont Sports, or, dare I say, Wheatsheaf Park and a one off game. Fans deserve to know and to understand the future of the new venture.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Just one team in Staines ..........

By gregs2/5/2023 09:46Tue May 2 09:46:00 2023In response to Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1523

Just out of interest regarding the current team who have had a great season so far. How many of the players from Staines Town last year have been/are in the squad? Are there any or did they all move on?

By John Blair3/5/2023 21:04Wed May 3 21:04:33 2023In response to Re: Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1523

There are no players at Staines & Lammas (Middx) FC who were at Staines Town FC last season.

By gregs4/5/2023 08:57Thu May 4 08:57:16 2023In response to Re: Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1538

Thanks John.

By Arthur2/5/2023 10:14Tue May 2 10:14:16 2023In response to Re: Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1503

I think Steve Parsons would need to answer this as we had so many players on the books. I think the answer is in payment. STFC didn't pay the players, the supporters club did. I don't think the current team are paid except for the bonuses based upon league position. Again thanks to the Supporters club. Now if you ask is this squad better than that of STFC ..... the answer is yes.

Q .What goes "CLIP CLOP ! CLIP CLOP ! BANG !! BANG !! ,CLIP CLOP ! CLIP CLOP !
A. An Amish drive-by shooting

By Wakes (Wakes)26/4/2023 17:02Wed Apr 26 17:02:37 2023In response to Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1620

As far as I’m aware Arthur there is an issue with the lease at Wheatsheaf Park due to the continued legal battle with Joe Dixon. It would seem a return to our spiritual home will have to wait a bit longer unless someone can update further?

By Arthur27/4/2023 09:12Thu Apr 27 09:12:11 2023In response to Re: Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1620

Wakes, I think that to truly understand the lease situation of Wheatsheaf Park you would need to spend a fortune on legal fees. I think the proceeds of sale of the Manchester City first team squad would not be enough. I am not a lawye, just an accountant (one of my auditing lecturers once commented the only accountant I would make would be a turf accountant!). I just want to watch football. In precise, from hearsay, there is a clause to say that the sale agreement of Wheatsheaf Park stated their use for football in perpetuity. There is a lease between the owners and STFC Limited which was due for review imminently. The Thames Club took STFC Limited to court for non-payment of sums due. STFC Limited never showed. The judgement was that a receiver be appoi9nted to liquidate STFC Limited. This is currently in operation. STFC Limited will be properly liquidated in the near future. That would mean there is no existing lease. My point is not that a new lease be renegotiated ( that would be lovely) but that if we need to find an alternative venue for a one off home game, should that be in the borough - or in Addleston, or Wembley.

By Arthur27/4/2023 15:28Thu Apr 27 15:28:34 2023In response to Re: Just one team in Staines ..........Top of thread

Views: 1581

Sorry Christine, this may help:

Police have confirmed that the man who fell 18 storeys from a rooftop night club was not a bouncer.

Previous thread: 1st Team Home Game v Guildford United by John Blair29/4/2023 09:14Sat Apr 29 09:14:20 2023view thread