Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by ArthurYesterday 08:09Yesterday at 08:09:15view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tonight’s council meeting by Wakes 20/9/2023 21:36Wed Sep 20 21:36:54 2023view thread

Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)

By GrahamBee31/7/2023 21:47Mon Jul 31 21:47:29 2023

Views: 1676

Has anyone seen this. Is it legit?
Just seen an update on the Facebook site.
https://www.facebook.com/StainesTownFC
Anyone behind this? People being tagged to spread the word. Also on Twitter.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)

By Wakes (Wakes)1/8/2023 15:33Tue Aug 1 15:33:30 2023In response to Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1501

That sites been going since the old club were still running. Been dead a long time now.

By Wakes (Wakes)1/8/2023 21:17Tue Aug 1 21:17:33 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1545

I was speaking to the guy behind this last year on Twitter, he was serious about setting up a phoenix club but had no backing. Unless something has changed I would say this is still the case. I’m sure we’d all know something by now if this project was serious.

By GrahamBee1/8/2023 17:14Tue Aug 1 17:14:24 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1456

The below was added yesterday to peoples comments.

The club is reforming and is now called Staines Town AFC. #SpreadTheWord

we are back on twitter & instagram as @stainestownafc. We would love to see you at a game in the future.

Is someone having a laugh, playing a dangerous game, or the old owner twisting the knife.

If this is not legit, then the site needs closing down as I asked a couple of people to share this news because I thought good things were afoot with football hopefully returning to Staines.

By Wakes (Wakes)1/8/2023 19:36Tue Aug 1 19:36:00 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1470

Last post on that Twitter address was back in Feb. Think someones on the wind up unless you can provide official link?

By GrahamBee1/8/2023 20:23Tue Aug 1 20:23:18 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1469

This info was on Staines Town FC Facebook yesterday
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02YCgPAJqWiP5U9NHmitCiKXixKAn2tNh3GfUiuEDWGSdgupZPYxG3M7tz1E7XdTbl&id=297121284371726

By Hbere3713/8/2023 22:51Sun Aug 13 22:51:34 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1322

Well I see someone keeps saying its being reformed and coming back but not 100% sure if it's true. I and few people have dabbled with the idea bringing the club back due to history with family connected to this club but non league football is the best way to bleed money so would need few more people on board. so if this is genuine then would be great to jump on board

Edited by Hbere37 at 22:52:18 on 13th August 2023
Edited by Hbere37 at 22:52:29 on 13th August 2023

By Arthur14/8/2023 08:32Mon Aug 14 08:32:41 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1471

The "Phoenix Club" is Staines and Lammas FC, who now play their home fixtures at Abbey Rangers Ground in Addlestone. Staines may be in the name - but the football is not in Staines. Meanwhile the former ground, Wheatsheaf Park, has been renovated by Brentford FC (again the ground is in Staines). Brentford FC will play their B Team matches there, all matches are friendlies as they are not in a league. Brentford will also play Academy fixtures there; with a possibility of the Ladies Team also playing there. If there is to be any other Phoenix Club for what once was Staines Town FC (the limited company is in liquidation) there remains a big question as to where they will play any fixtures. It is highly unlikely that Wheatsheaf Park could be a venue - unless there is a sugar daddy with shed loads of cash to buy out Brentford FC.

If you want to watch competitive football with a team wit Staines in the name, Addlestone Moor is your destination. If you want to watch competitive football in the borough ...... Ashford Town (won 6-0 on Saturday) are available. Otherwise you have to travel out of the borough for competitive football.

For completion sake, I cannot bring myself to travel to our local rivals. I am not sure what I will do. On Saturday I went to. St Mary's Hospital Paddington to visit a friend (from the borough) awaiting surgery.

By Yellow Swan (pp7822)7/9/2023 21:53Thu Sep 7 21:53:01 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1246

Arthur, I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this point.

Staines and Lammas FC is not recognised but some of the former Staines Town supporters , including myself, as a ‘Phoenix club’’. It is Staines Lammas FC with an ‘and’ chucked in between the ‘Staines’ and ‘Lammas’. A team, not so long along we classed as a near neighbour. Not a rival, as our paths rarely crossed and a club , with all due respect to them, fairly insignificant . I made the decision, as did many others, not to follow Staines and Lammas, as for me our club died the moment we played our final fixture and the gates at WP were locked.

Not a particularly helpful post, I know (possibly divisive) but I felt it was important to stress that not everyone would agree that Staines and Lammas are a phoenix club.

Edited by pp7822 at 21:54:49 on 7th September 2023
Edited by pp7822 at 21:55:21 on 7th September 2023

By Arthur8/9/2023 20:35Fri Sep 8 20:35:01 2023In response to Re: Staines Town AFC (Phoenix Club)Top of thread

Views: 1331

Staines Town FC is gone. It was killed by a man's ego. It is no longer in existence. Brentford have refurbished Wheastsheaf Park for there. "B" team and ladies team. There is more chance of me winning the London Marathon than there is of seeing a Staines team playing there. Staines Lammas were in limbo. in order to climb the football ladder they needed permission to develop their ground, which was not forthcoming. If they were to move grounds and progress up the "pyramid" they needed money. A significant group of Staines Town supporters and volunteers took their expertise to the. (former) Staines Lammas. This was the embryo that formed a phoenix club called Staines and Lammas. We can all live in the halcyon days of yesteryear. We can remember the Glory days at Wheatsheaf Park. However life moves on. There is no compulsion to support Staines and /?Lammas. You can go to watch any team locally. You can even support the prawn sandwich brigade and declare yourself a Man Utd supporter. Don't harp on about the past or I will tell you of my performance at the Battle of Waterloo - that is a story.

Previous thread: Pre -Season Friendly 29th July v Abbey Rangers Under 23's by John Blair28/7/2023 07:58Fri Jul 28 07:58:20 2023view thread