Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Am I right in saying… by Wakes 20/4 18:00Sat Apr 20 18:00:38 2024view thread

Wheatsheaf Park

By GrahamBee23/4 08:35Tue Apr 23 08:35:24 2024

Views: 124

As a Staines resident and Brenford fan (also big non league fan and follower of Staines Town. it is good that Wheatsheaf Park is looking in great nick. So sad for Staines Town. Who knows what the future will bring.

I want to get behind Staines & Lammas United but playing the other side of the river at Abbey Rangers is a big turn off. The club should be playing in Spelthorne at the minimum. I also struggle to find when fixtures are happening and social media output from the club including fixture updates and match results and reports really poor.

I hope all that jumped on board the S&L train are enjoying the ride. I'm still so sad that the old Staines Town was well and truly shafted. It seems that a third of the pitch can still be played on.

Best wishes to the loyal hardcore of Staines Town fans for trying to keep the famous old gold and blue flag flying.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Wheatsheaf Park

By John Blair23/4 18:29Tue Apr 23 18:29:33 2024In response to Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 95

Firstly can I say that the team is not called Staines & Lammas United. The correct name is Staines & Lammas (Middlesex) FC.
The reason for the move from playing in Laleham to playing at Abbey Rangers FC was to give the club the opportunity to be promoted to Step 6 and beyond.
Staines & Lammas (Middlesex) FC had finished high enough in the Step 7 Surrey County Premier League in seasons 2021/22 and 2022/23 to be promoted if the ground at Laleham Recreation ground had met FA requirements for Step 5 & 6 ( covered seating and floodlights).
With Wheatsheaf Park - the only other ground in Staines - being unavailable to us at present, the next best alternative was to relocate to a ground that met FA criteria for Step 5 & 6.
With 1 game to go - Home at 7.45pm on Wednesday 24th April - we are in with a decent chance of promotion to the Combined Counties League if we win.
Why not come down and watch - free entry to all.

As far as social media is concerned the Clubs twitter is
very good - possibly the best in the country for a Step 7 club.
The club also has good Facebook coverage along with an active Supporters Club who keep Supporters updated with all relevant information.
And unlike the majority of Step 7 clubs we produce programmes and have a range of merchandise for sale.
A forward thinking Step 7 club - hopefully soon to be Step 6 - who are run by a Committee rather than an Owner.

Edited by John Blair at 18:32:35 on 23rd April 2024
Edited by John Blair at 18:39:54 on 23rd April 2024
Edited by John Blair at 20:09:17 on 23rd April 2024

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Those were the days ...... by Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024view thread