Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wishes by Norm7/2/2019 19:52Thu Feb 7 19:52:14 2019view thread

Club Statement

By V W Swan4/2/2019 17:32Mon Feb 4 17:32:50 2019

Views: 4921

Following on from recent media allegations directed at Staines Town FC, the club would like to make its position clear.

The club is currently involved in a legal dispute with a counter party which include but is not limited to potential criminal charges against the other party which have directly affected the football club as a result.

We believe that we will be fully vindicated in a court of law in due course and our aggressors brought to justice.
In the meantime, our legal representatives continue to exhaustively examine a number of documents and practices of historic behaviours over a number of years.

Staines Town Football Clubs legal representatives will be closely monitoring any falsehoods printed or stated within the media and by any other third parties.

The club will not be making any further comment.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Club Statement

By Wakes4/2/2019 19:33Mon Feb 4 19:33:35 2019In response to Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 4423

As I had suspected, the Thames club have been taking the p*** out of the football club for a long time, not allowing them bar takings, bending the rules and edging the club out further and further. I think its a false statement that the new owners are trying to put the club under, it seems they are trying to stand up for the clubs rights despite all the mistakes they have made.

By scouser5/2/2019 20:54Tue Feb 5 20:54:13 2019In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 4217

Staines fans i think with court cases pending do you not think it would be wise to not make comments about what you believe to be true, the courts will hopefully sort this sorry mess out and then we will then know what the truth is. Please drop the subject until the court case is over and the findings have been published. At the moment we are all speculating and that could be dangerous.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Torquayrob4/2/2019 20:06Mon Feb 4 20:06:13 2019In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 4329

The one question I want an answer to is - when did Staines Town FC sell the land to the Thames Club? This was not the original deal (or not as it was told to us). Therefore at some point the Thames Club became the landlords and this has caused us to be in this position.

By Wakes4/2/2019 20:18Mon Feb 4 20:18:13 2019In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 4353

As far as I’m aware the Thames club do own everything. I think probably since Alan Boon sold the Thames club as he was carrying the huge debt of getting it built. I think that was when he sold it to Sheffield United as it was believed that a fellow football club would be helpful to work alongside to Staines Town? When Sheffield United then sold it on, the new owners probably started to bend the rules pushing the club further and further out of the picture. Am I not wrong in stating that Joe is trying to get a better deal for the football club and getting justice for years of historical p*** taking by the Thames club at the football club’s expense?

By Torquayrob4/2/2019 21:37Mon Feb 4 21:37:34 2019In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 4319

Laurence, I agree. The problem doesn’t lie with the current owners of STFC (not for this anyway), the problem is historic. Alan Boon probably sold the land to keep the club going without having to bankrupt himself, which is fair enough when you had put in as much money as he had done. However, it then means that the Thames Club have us over a barrel a few years down the line.

By Wakes4/2/2019 22:02Mon Feb 4 22:02:38 2019In response to Re: Club StatementTop of thread

Views: 4352

I think one of the major problems lie with the club not bringing in any income through the bar as most clubs at this level benefit massively through bar takings. Sometimes it’s the bar that actually keeps these clubs running. Remember the old bar at Wheatsheaf Lane? It’s what kept the club going when Alan Boon’s business was struggling in the early days. The club is unfairly missing out on a massive income so in a way I can see Joes point..

Previous thread: Kings Langley away - Sat 26th Jan by John Blair21/1/2019 17:30Mon Jan 21 17:30:31 2019view thread