Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Pre -Season Friendly 29th July v Abbey Rangers Under 23's by John Blair28/7/2023 07:58Fri Jul 28 07:58:20 2023view thread

Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf Park

By GrahamBee19/6/2023 15:13Mon Jun 19 15:13:21 2023

Views: 2345

Maybe of interest.
https://griffinpark.org/forums/threads/brentford-to-play-b-team-and-academy-matches-at-ex-home-of-staines-town-fc-next-season.139201/#post-4281520

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf Park

By royalbert86710/7/2023 13:10Mon Jul 10 13:10:23 2023In response to Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1679

It's lovely to see Brentford's success, especially with Romeo Beckham playing at Wheatsheaf Park. With the necessary repairs, the ground will be in great shape. However, for the people of Staines, it marks the end of an era. Competing with Brentford for ground usage seems unlikely for any club. As of now, Brentford B is not affiliated with any league. If you're seeking competitive football in the borough, Spelthorne is your destination. Nonetheless, locals without a football club will need to travel unless they seek other options like exploring physics homework help. It's a bittersweet situation, as the allure of competitive football may increase local demand for Brentford tickets.
https://bestassignmentwriting.co.uk/subjective/physics-assignment-help/

Edited by royalbert867 at 13:12:22 on 10th July 2023

By Arthur11/7/2023 12:01Tue Jul 11 12:01:00 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1592

This is incredibly sad. Inevitably, Brentford will take on the ownership of the Thames Club. The is absolutely no chance of a Staines team playing anywhere in the Town. So much for the council's promise to improve culture, including sports in the borough. The biggest problem now is where will people go to wartch a Staines team. Will they travel to Addlestone for very low level football? Will they travel to other local teams for a higher level of football. will they become Brentford supporters, although the chances of tickets for a home game are virtually nil, as are the chances of getting a season ticket. This is the death of Staines football. RIP

By Wakes (Wakes)11/7/2023 22:15Tue Jul 11 22:15:16 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1638

Sadly it’s looking that way Arthur, I remember when AFC Wimbledon took over Kingsmeadow and as a good will gesture gifted Kingstonian the sum of a million pounds. Will the Bees do something similar for Staines given the circumstances? Wheatsheaf Park has been the spiritual home of football in Staines since1951, Kingstonian I believe at Kingsmeadow since only about 1989.

As much as I hate to say it this is inevitably the end. We don’t even play our football in the borough let alone Staines. The council also needs to hold some responsibility for this tragedy but they simply do not care. If I could make a suggestion and it is a long shot at that, I believe a deal should be struck with out nearest neighbours and friends at Ashford Town and get a ground share sorted with them instead of Abbey Rangers. They are about to get a 3G pitch installed so will be looking to hire it out and it would keep the club in the borough. Possibly another merger could be sought for an Ashford and Staines United and with a combined effort the Robert Parker stadium could be developed into a fantastic facility for the borough.

By Arthur20/6/2023 08:27Tue Jun 20 08:27:42 2023In response to Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1830

I'm really pleased for Brentford - Romeo Beckham playing at Wheatsheaf Park. Maybe his Dad will be in town to watch his son. Brentford will be able to carry out the necessary repairs to the ground. However, for the people of Staines it is the endd of an era. There is no way any club will be able to compete with Brentford to play at the ground. Brentford B are not, as yet, in any league. Competitive football in the borough is at Spelthorne. If you want to watch a team with Staines in the name you have to go to Addlestone Moor. A town of our size without a football club - so much for being a centre for arts and culture. Locals will have to travel for competitive football. It is sad. Probably the lure of competitive football will increase the local demand for Brentford tickets..

By Wakes (Wakes)20/6/2023 12:31Tue Jun 20 12:31:19 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1800

When I initially heard this news yesterday I was quite excited, the prospect of a rejuvenated Wheatsheaf Park with all the necessary repairs and updates and a brand new pitch, none of it at our own expense and all ready for our awaited return to the promised land.

Then I thought of Kingsmeadow and a feeling of dread soon came over me. Was there not a covenant that stated only Staines Town Football Club could ever play football there? There is no longer a club called Staines Town and unless Brentford out of the kindness of their hearts allow a ground share for peppercorn rent then it’s all over for football in Staines.

In the words of the Wealdstone raider “You got no ground”

What happens now???

By GrahamBee20/6/2023 13:04Tue Jun 20 13:04:57 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1774

As a Brentford fan and resident of Staines I'm glad the stadium is going to be used. So who actually owns the ground? Dixon? It has got so complicated and a real shame the town has lost football under the name of Staines. What about all the bullshit of a third of the pitch not being owned as part of the ground? Do Thames Club own the ground. I cannot see the ground being used on Saturdays at 3pm so room for another club to share maybe.
Shame the town, apart from the loyal hardcore fans, and council never really got behind their local football team.

By Wakes (Wakes)20/6/2023 14:24Tue Jun 20 14:24:46 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1776

The entire site is owned by Downing LLP who in turn own the Thames Club. If there is any integrity left in the world then an offer of football will be made to Staines & Lammas FC in a joint agreement made with Brentford FC and the site owners, that is the least they deserve after 130 years of history so heartbreakingly destroyed by a single individual who should be behind bars but is instead living the dream on the other side of the Atlantic without a care in the world and all because he could not get his grimy hands on the Thames Club.

I’m betting that Brentford will eventually put in an offer and buy the entire site outright and use it as Chelsea does Kingsmeadow , they are now a premier league club and want that second stadium so paying spectators can watch their up and coming stars. Will there be any room left for Staines? My heart says yes but my head says no…

By GrahamBee20/6/2023 15:27Tue Jun 20 15:27:15 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1794

Maybe now is the time for Staines & Lammas and the committee to reach out an olive branch to the Thames Club and to Brentford FC (ex-Swans manager Marcus Gayle, is Brentford club ambassador) and lay it all on the line. Like you say 130 years of history flushed down the drain. The community needs this because no disrespect, S&L is a couple of levels away from park football and the area deserves better. I know it is hard to compete locally for talent as there are a lot of similar sized clubs all battling to survive on miniscule crowds and budgets. I hope there can be a resolution for Staines & Lammas first team to use Wheatsheaf Park in the future.

By Arthur20/6/2023 20:20Tue Jun 20 20:20:32 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1791

I believe that technically the ground is owned by the Thames Club. Although I have heard Thames Club directors say they are owned by Downings, this is denied by Downings. The Thames \Club was, when I was looking, owned by a dormant company. Technically the couldn't pass a motion as the dormant company cannot act (being dormant) yet they held 90% of the voting shares. I think they see the land fo9r development - via Brentford FC, or as commercial or private real estate.

By GrahamBee22/6/2023 11:14Thu Jun 22 11:14:51 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1666

Taken from elsewhere but I hear;

It's a 5 year deal

And for U18, B Team, and Women's teams.

By Arthur22/6/2023 11:20Thu Jun 22 11:20:50 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1758

Wakes,

There is hope

By GrahamBee27/6/2023 19:56Tue Jun 27 19:56:58 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1662

Latest word/rumour is Brentford are paying £5-6 million for pitch work and work on one of the stands and changing rooms.

Edited by GrahamBee at 20:01:25 on 27th June 2023

By GrahamBee30/6/2023 16:48Fri Jun 30 16:48:29 2023In response to Re: Brentford 'B' and Academy teams to use Wheatsheaf ParkTop of thread

Views: 1802

New pitch being prepared
https://griffinpark.org/forums/attachments/14f87c9a-07e2-49b0-a59f-5ad922fba8b2-jpeg.40332/

Previous thread: Staines & Lammas (Middlesex) FC Annual General Meeting Tomorrow Night by FlyingPiglet27/6/2023 08:18Tue Jun 27 08:18:30 2023view thread