Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Those were the days ...... by John BlairYesterday 19:31Yesterday at 19:31:24view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Those were the days ......

By Arthur17/4 07:24Wed Apr 17 07:24:51 2024

Views: 146

David Wheeler, 38th appearance for Wycombe last night, and another goal

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Those were the days ......

By Arthur4/5 08:09Sat May 4 08:09:15 2024In response to Those were the days ......Top of thread

Views: 24

So Mitchell Gough signs for Kingstonian and still includes the Swans on his CV. He has a very successful career in the Isthmian League. He has an even better success in his pastime of burger consumption. This is. Again, looking backwards. We need to look forward and our congratulations are due to the team for their successes this season. My worry is that the loyalty to the team shown by John, Ron Steve etc will inevitably go over time. Our own mortality shows that. Pat of my introduction of my Grandsons to the Swans was for continuity of support. Sadly I now only have one grandson. However, living in Staines will not give him the football the name suggests. It would appear that future support will come from the Addlestone and Chertsey areas. With Chertsey getting 100 points this season it may mean Addlestone is the area to concentrate on. Will a name change be on the cards in the future, or will the Staines name be kept on even though we will never be playing in Staines again. How sad.

Re: Those were the days ......

By John BlairYesterday 19:31Yesterday at 19:31:24In response to Re: Those were the days ......Top of thread

Views: 28

I speak for myself but my support for Staines & Lammas (Middlesex) FC will not dwindle in time.
The atmosphere within the club is so much better than the sad, and sometimes toxic, atmosphere created by Joe Dixon at Staines Town FC.
After the last 4 years of Staines Town FC under the control of Joe Dixon you could understand why the fan base dropped.
However in the Summer of 2022 a new adventure began in the form of a unity between Staines Lammas FC and a contingent of Staines Town FC committee and fan base.
The renamed club could have secured promotion in May 2023 had the ground at Laleham had better facilities.
Hence the move away from Laleham to groundshare at Abbey Rangers FC - a ground with floodlights and 2 seated stands along with a very good bar and food bar, and a ground that gave us the opportunity to progress above Step 7 if performances on the pitch warranted it.
So well done to Paul Burgess and the 1st Team Squad in achieving promotion to Step 6 and the Combined Counties League Division 1.
We have not given up on the hope of one day returning to Staines but Abbey Rangers FC is a much better option than having stayed at Laleham with no chance of promotion

Edited by John Blair at 19:35:39 on 7th May 2024
Edited by John Blair at 20:51:55 on 7th May 2024

Previous thread: Am I right in saying… by Wakes 20/4 18:00Sat Apr 20 18:00:38 2024view thread