Return to front page

Newest article: Re: New season new venues by Arthur29/5 21:22Wed May 29 21:22:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

New season new venues

By Surrey s (Norm)18/5 23:43Sat May 18 23:43:24 2024

Views: 270

Just caught up with the clubs in our division next season. Many clubs i have never heard of -however, looking forward to new ventures in 24/25.
Being able to contribute and support amalgamated club with good values and at the same being able provide opportunities for young payers can't be a bad thing.

N

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: New season new venues

By John Blair19/5 16:25Sun May 19 16:25:28 2024In response to New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 259

Like you Norm I am looking forward to next season.
A few new grounds and a few that were visited in the days of Staines Town.
Chalfont St Peter and Windsor (Stag Meadow) and Molesey instantly spring to mind.
Looking forward to Step 6 Footy and no more 3G pitches at colleges.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Arthur19/5 22:37Sun May 19 22:37:14 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 246

The problem is that except for long term, die hard supporters, where is the future of the club? Staines or Addlestone Moor.

By John Blair20/5 06:28Mon May 20 06:28:11 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 241

One day we hope to return to Staines but until then our home is Addlestone Moor.
Good ground, good facilities, nice people and only a couple of miles from Laleham Recreation ground where we could not get promoted due to lack of facilities.

By Arthur20/5 16:31Mon May 20 16:31:11 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 223

Sorry, I must have misunderstood. Where our MP and Council talk about sports and culture in the borough, this includes Addlestone.

By FlyingPiglet22/5 15:28Wed May 22 15:28:52 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 195

I think key thing to remember the committee are always looking to return the club back to Spelthorne and more importantly Staines! However, as with everything we need to work with the local authority and also other stakeholders which is unfortunately not always straightforward, however been assured it is on the clubs agenda.

By Arthur23/5 07:00Thu May 23 07:00:58 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 176

There is a quotation (from Ted Lasso" that says "it is the hope that kills you." It is a pipe dream to think that Staines and Laleham FC will ever return to the borough. There is no chance of anyone building a new stadium. Even if there were the club cannot afford their share of building such a stadium unless someone wins the lottery and decides to spend most of their winnings on gifting a stadium. Wheatsheaf Park, including the freehold will be sold. The current incumbents, Brentford, are in pole position to buy the freehold. The Thames Club continue to lose money. A number of directors have resigned, including those with a Downings collection. Unless there is a miracle and the gym starts to make money, continuation for the business will lead to administrators being appointedd who will realise the only worthwhile asset on the books, the freehold of Wheatsheaf Park. Alternatively the new directors will immediately pursue a plan to sell the freehold before the administration occurs. Again Staines and Laleham FC. are not in a postition to buy the freehold. In either case football in the borough for a local team is finished. Romeo Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo, I am coming to sit with your Dad too watch you.

By Surrey s (Norm)27/5 13:43Mon May 27 13:43:04 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 157

Arthur-another "quotation " springs to mind

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can ,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

STFC were very silly/badly advised to have sold/given away the Freehold in the first place-but thats history now .

looking forward to new season and I guess-- real linesman !!!!!

By Arthur29/5 21:22Wed May 29 21:22:51 2024In response to Re: New season new venuesTop of thread

Views: 120

Ecclesiastes: The greater my wisdom, the greater my grief. My wisdom tells me that there will never again be a Staines team playing in the borough; hence my grief

Previous thread: New Kit Deal Announced 📣 by FlyingPiglet27/5 13:01Mon May 27 13:01:27 2024view thread