Re: yes but....
I would like to think they could do it immediately. All the water has now drained off the pitch and it's playable. Yesterday was particularly atrocious weather and it's fortunate for other clubs that it came after a reasonably long spell of dry weather so their pitches could soak up all that was thrown at them.
The strongest theory about what went wrong is a residue off the rubber crumb building up rapidly and instead of filtering down the drain, it caused a blockage which prevented the water from penetrating down to the drainage system. I know some people think there was simply too much crumb laid down but we are in the hands of the experts.
It may be that the residue has now simply washed through now and we will never get a repeat but obviously we would want a pretty strong reassurance of this!
I doubt that there would be any need to rearrange any matches.
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973
Next article in this thread: Crumbs! by Pink Panther26/8/2014 12:04Tue Aug 26 12:04:34 2014
- Chipstead by Lee Farmie25/8/2014 10:33Mon Aug 25 10:33:14 2014view thread
- MATCH OFF by Lee Farmie 25/8/2014 15:04Mon Aug 25 15:04:24 2014
- Re: MATCH OFF by The Man who Folded Himself25/8/2014 19:45Mon Aug 25 19:45:21 2014
- yes but.... by bruce leafe25/8/2014 21:15Mon Aug 25 21:15:08 2014
- Re: yes but.... by pop26/8/2014 05:20Tue Aug 26 05:20:07 2014
- Re: yes but.... by Football Watcher25/8/2014 22:35Mon Aug 25 22:35:34 2014
- Re: yes but.... by Lee Farmie26/8/2014 07:47Tue Aug 26 07:47:45 2014
- Re: yes but.... by Football Watcher26/8/2014 08:32Tue Aug 26 08:32:22 2014
- Re: yes but.... by Lee Farmie26/8/2014 08:41Tue Aug 26 08:41:53 2014
- Crumbs! by Pink Panther26/8/2014 12:04Tue Aug 26 12:04:34 2014