A very good nil-niller
To be fair Folkestone could have been four up at half time had it not been for some superb defending. I thought Sheikhs had his (occasionally-worn) Teflon gloves on yesterday and yet still made some brilliant reaction saves. JT is growing into an excellent centre back and you have to wonder whether he's played there regularly before?
We edged the second half and came SO close to snatching a winner but hey, there you go - that would have ben tough on the home side.
We had a good goal ruled out as Dylan Merchant raced through to lob the home keeper. He was onside - sure Roscoe was offside but he was just getting of the way. The referee shrugged and looked at the linesmen after the match, one said it wasn't me and the other looked at his shoes...
Had he been there, The Pat Butcher Fan Club would surely have said we didn't get the drippings from the referee's nose or somesuch idiom.
The pitch was surprisingly poor. I don't remember it being that bad before and you have to wonder why Mr Cugley is so anti-3G when he has to put a good footballing team onto that every other week.
It was a good day out all round, Micropub No. 2 (the Firkin Ale House) was splendid in my opinion but upset a couple of people because of it policies on no swearing, no noisy electronic devices and no lager. But frankly - that's the point of these places!
Next stop Herne Bay. What's it to be, the Bouncing Barrel? the Butcher's Arms? or the Firkin Frog?
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973
Next article in this thread: Butcher's Arms, Herne by Pink Panther8/12/2014 12:19Mon Dec 8 12:19:10 2014
- Folkestone 0 Leafe 0 by Clive6/12/2014 18:37Sat Dec 6 18:37:35 2014view thread
- Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0 by Toby Lerone6/12/2014 19:48Sat Dec 6 19:48:03 2014
- Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0 by Clive6/12/2014 20:16Sat Dec 6 20:16:53 2014
- Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0 by Toby Lerone6/12/2014 20:56Sat Dec 6 20:56:59 2014
- Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0 by Clive6/12/2014 22:00Sat Dec 6 22:00:25 2014
- A very good nil-niller by Lee Farmie7/12/2014 10:18Sun Dec 7 10:18:10 2014
- Butcher's Arms, Herne by Pink Panther8/12/2014 12:19Mon Dec 8 12:19:10 2014
- Re: Butcher's Arms, Herne by Toby Lerone8/12/2014 21:30Mon Dec 8 21:30:02 2014
- Re: Butcher's Arms, Herne by Clive8/12/2014 21:58Mon Dec 8 21:58:57 2014
- Re: Butcher's Arms, Herne by Toby Lerone9/12/2014 06:50Tue Dec 9 06:50:44 2014
- Walton Away by Viv Aldi8/12/2014 22:09Mon Dec 8 22:09:24 2014
- Re: Walton Away by Lee Farmie9/12/2014 07:31Tue Dec 9 07:31:54 2014