THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Which is the best TV to watch Football? by cartblogsToday 18:56Today at 18:56:55view thread

Oldest article: Football Web Pages App by Clive20/8/2014 20:19Wed Aug 20 20:19:55 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Herne Bay 1 Whyteleafe 3 by Pat Butcher Fan Club9/12/2014 22:59Tue Dec 9 22:59:52 2014view thread

A very good nil-niller

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)7/12/2014 10:18Sun Dec 7 10:18:10 2014In response to Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0

Views: 2170

To be fair Folkestone could have been four up at half time had it not been for some superb defending. I thought Sheikhs had his (occasionally-worn) Teflon gloves on yesterday and yet still made some brilliant reaction saves. JT is growing into an excellent centre back and you have to wonder whether he's played there regularly before?

We edged the second half and came SO close to snatching a winner but hey, there you go - that would have ben tough on the home side.

We had a good goal ruled out as Dylan Merchant raced through to lob the home keeper. He was onside - sure Roscoe was offside but he was just getting of the way. The referee shrugged and looked at the linesmen after the match, one said it wasn't me and the other looked at his shoes...

Had he been there, The Pat Butcher Fan Club would surely have said we didn't get the drippings from the referee's nose or somesuch idiom.

The pitch was surprisingly poor. I don't remember it being that bad before and you have to wonder why Mr Cugley is so anti-3G when he has to put a good footballing team onto that every other week.

It was a good day out all round, Micropub No. 2 (the Firkin Ale House) was splendid in my opinion but upset a couple of people because of it policies on no swearing, no noisy electronic devices and no lager. But frankly - that's the point of these places!

Next stop Herne Bay. What's it to be, the Bouncing Barrel? the Butcher's Arms? or the Firkin Frog?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Butcher's Arms, Herne by Pink Panther8/12/2014 12:19Mon Dec 8 12:19:10 2014

Previous thread: Cover designs... by Lee Farmie4/12/2014 22:15Thu Dec 4 22:15:37 2014view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.