THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: How can I choose an exchanger to buy cyptocurrency… by errkaverToday 19:59Today at 19:59:29view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A pattern emerging by Brian9/11/2017 11:59Thu Nov 9 11:59:17 2017view thread

Personally.....

By bruce leafe (legacy user)4/2/2015 14:22Wed Feb 4 14:22:43 2015In response to 3G mid-season verdict.

Views: 2156

I love it. We are very lucky to have a progressive and ambitious chairman, who instead of throwing money at the squad is investing heavily into the club to make it a community facility and build the club up from there. The 1st team should be funded through the club, not an individual throwing money in the hope of a false position.
Up until a few years ago, i would have been very wary of it, been a traditionalist who liked to see grass and mud etc, however seeing the amount of junior teams playing on it on a Sunday, there is no doubt that it is the way forward.
Then initial cost is very high, but its available for hire and the club house is now buzzing throughout Sundays with teams that used to have to play either at the local rec or miles away on Purley Way.
Also, an end of season renovation of a football ground should cost between £6000 to £10000 for a basic renovation plus whatever you spend through out the season. Gone are the days of having to have an expensive service on the mowers etc.

We had a couple of teething troubles early on, but now it seems to be settling down nicely and although visiting fans seem split on whether its good or not, the visiting players seem to love it. It has consistent bounce and although a little slow at the moment, i believe it will quicken up in time. I,m sold on it and i think others over the next few years will come around. These are not the QPR or Luton plastic bounce-a-thons of the 80's .

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Personally..... by Amberion4/2/2015 15:18Wed Feb 4 15:18:07 2015

Previous thread: Most final appearances without winning a title in one season by Rager26523/10 06:50Sat Oct 23 06:50:29 2021view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.