THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Why Guildford?? by Objer1947Today 05:15Today at 05:15:10view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Opening hours by WFC2/12/2014 17:09Tue Dec 2 17:09:32 2014view thread

My view

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)5/2/2015 08:47Thu Feb 5 08:47:56 2015In response to 3G mid-season verdict.

Views: 2043

This view is completely about watching the football and nothing to do with all the other terrific benefits the pitch brings to the club and the community.

There was a guy in the East Grinstead who was obviously quite sceptical about the football, about the fact that it wasn't on grass and presumably that it was somehow not the same game.

My view is quite simple. I went to watch Maidstone's stadium opener against Brighton a couple of years ago. Watching the way the ball bounced and played it was like watching a match played on a very good Premier League pitch or at Wembley.

Moving on a year or two, we have exactly the same at Whyteleafe. There's a significant difference between our pitch and a lot of the grass pitches at our level we go to at this time of year but very little difference between our pitch and top level pitches at the Premier.

I'm really struggling to think of a bad game of football played on our pitch since it was put down. There have been some bad performances not least by our own team but the best footballing teams come to Church Road and do well.

Bad pitches seem to be a leveller. Is that a good reason for sticking to grass? For some teams maybe it is.

I'm not sure anyone said Maidstone's pitch is better than ours. I think the comment was that they saw a lot less rubber fly up. However, this was when our pitch was brand new. It had to bed in and if the same person/people turned up now they probably wouldn't say the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Personally..... by bruce leafe4/2/2015 14:22Wed Feb 4 14:22:43 2015

Previous thread: Most final appearances without winning a title in one season by Rager26523/10 06:50Sat Oct 23 06:50:29 2021view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.