THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What is software testing and Scope of Software… by David_AdamsYesterday 20:37Yesterday at 20:37:27view thread

Oldest article: Whyteleafe golf day by Paulo27/7/2014 09:53Sun Jul 27 09:53:00 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Bank Safe Manufacturers by shinjinsafeclassic24/9/2021 14:10Fri Sep 24 14:10:23 2021view thread

Re: Hastings 2 Leafe 2

By Clive (legacy user)21/2/2015 19:00Sat Feb 21 19:00:17 2015In response to Re: Hastings 2 Leafe 2

Views: 2410

Another eventful afternoon.

Roscoe should have scored in 2nd minute after going round the keeper.next thing is we are 1 down scored by their number 8.
We dominated 1st half but only started creating chances in the last 15 mins. Greg scored a beauty from free kick just before half time.
The Lino sent Roscoe off 5 mins into 2nd half after a tussle with their number 8 who went down like a ton of bricks for such a big boy.
Jason came on and scored after the hour after a great through ball from Sam.
We continued to dominate but understandably the 10 men tired in the last 10 mins and they equalised after a mix up in our defence.

Overall a feeling of disappointment. We were far the better side and played some lovely stuff even with 10 men. Great effort again by the boys. The biggest downside today is that Roscoe will get a 3 game ban.

Unfortunately I must mention the red. I'm not necessarily complaining about the sending off. The Lino made the decision I didn't see what happened. But the ref was very poor. Paulo thought we could have had 8 pens. I think 3 were probable. The most blatant was a push in Gregs back 3 seconds before Roscoe was sent off.. I have never seen a ref tKe 10 paces in the style of Charlie Chaplin before. Plus he didn't pace it out in a straight line but made an arc for the last 5 paces. Goodness knows how Greg managed to score with the wall it's customary 6 yards away.. We had numerous free kicks charged down because of Charlie.

Finally a word about their number 8 . That word is C- - - T(that is a FIVE letter word starting with C and ending with T. although I could have shortened it). I have seen him play before and I warned everyone to look out for him before the game started. He is constantly in the ref's ear all game and is very clever at winning free kicks. Well done mate. That's sportsmanship for you.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: This number 8? by Lee Farmie23/2/2015 15:47Mon Feb 23 15:47:57 2015

Previous thread: Strategy game by carlwallace10/10/2019 05:11Thu Oct 10 05:11:43 2019view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.