THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What is software testing and Scope of Software… by David_AdamsYesterday 20:37Yesterday at 20:37:27view thread

Oldest article: Whyteleafe golf day by Paulo27/7/2014 09:53Sun Jul 27 09:53:00 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Bank Safe Manufacturers by shinjinsafeclassic24/9/2021 14:10Fri Sep 24 14:10:23 2021view thread

No....refs are liable.

By bruce leafe (legacy user)22/2/2015 11:15Sun Feb 22 11:15:59 2015In response to Law suit

Views: 2264

The referee has SOLE responsibility for players safety.That's why you have a pitch inspection, a risk assessment if you will, before the game. If icy or snow, he must inspect the surrounds as well to ensure the safety of the ground too. What happens if they play thru a storm and a player gets struck by lightening. The ref is responsible. It says so , therefore he is liable. I'm sure that the FA insure their refs , as the ECB do the umpires in Cricket, so in the end the FA would pick up the bill, but then that ref would no longer be allowed to officiate again. its the age we live in i'm afraid but what i am concerned about is the consistency of the pitch inspections.
Having seen the guidelines , i cant see any reason to play that game on Monday, when the forecast for the reserve day was good.
A pain to travel twice, but surely in the interest of player safety and reasonable football,then it would have been the correct decision.
Also, their pitch was deemed unfit Sat, but had no standing water!!
Makes you wonder does it not!!!
The FA and all the leagues ask for respect, but respect is earned by getting the big calls right, and this Ref got it badly wrong on Monday, so every decision after the call to play, was effectively wrong.
Interesting, had it gone to pens, he would not have been able to see the penalty spot of the goal line, so there fore when marked areas of the pitch have been rubbed out or mudded over, you must call the game off. Its in the LAWS of the game!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Distance by Al21/2/2015 11:53Sat Feb 21 11:53:36 2015

Previous thread: Strategy game by carlwallace10/10/2019 05:11Thu Oct 10 05:11:43 2019view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.