THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Strategy game by ZeerletomaYesterday 21:29Yesterday at 21:29:00view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: draw a picture by noahcentineo7/12/2020 09:19Mon Dec 7 09:19:58 2020view thread

Re: Scum of the Earth

By My Tealeafe29/4/2015 11:14Wed Apr 29 11:14:24 2015In response to Re: Scum of the Earth

Views: 2590

I wrote to the club and copied in the Ryman league
"Dear Sir,

I attended last night's play off semi final match between Folkstone Invicta and Whyteleafe as a Whyteleafe supporter and was appalled at the lack of stewarding that prevailed on the night. Young kids of 14/15 led by a 40 something skinhead were allowed to “get in the faces” of the ‘Leafe supporters and hurl abuse, beer and other unspecified liquids at the traveling fans. The stewards at one stage turned their backs on the supporters to watch the match and seemed content to let it all kick-off behind them. As I had paid my £9, I would have liked to have watched the match myself rather than have a bunch of violent kids pushing and shoving me throughout the match.

You knew this would happen, it happened last year, it will happen again on Saturday, so why was it allowed to happen last night? Your own forum was full of calls to intimidate and “get in the face” of the traveling support. I notice a news photographer was present and taking photographs of last night’s match and she also turned to photograph the crowd, I can assist you in identifying the ringleader of this group, though as your stewarding and access controls are so poor, I can’t see how this would help you.

Your stewarding is appalling and it retrospect I should have called the police as this type of behaviour is totally unacceptable.

A few of your true fans came up to us after the match to apologise for the behaviour of a few of their fans and explained they only come to cause trouble.

This warning is to enable you to address your problem before Saturday’s Final with Merstham, If you choose to ignore it, you could have blood on your hands if the Merstham fans are less restrained than Whyteleafe’s were last night.

Yours sincerely

Tim Deadman MIEE
"

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Scum of the Earth by My Tealeafe29/4/2015 13:46Wed Apr 29 13:46:21 2015

Previous thread: Top 10 Furniture company in UAE by bamboowoodworks27/11/2020 07:21Fri Nov 27 07:21:13 2020view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.