THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Strategy game by ZeerletomaYesterday 21:29Yesterday at 21:29:00view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: draw a picture by noahcentineo7/12/2020 09:19Mon Dec 7 09:19:58 2020view thread

So Sad

By MrsK (MrsK-2)29/4/2015 21:16Wed Apr 29 21:16:39 2015In response to Folkestone Forum

Views: 2369

I was so sad at the way things happened yesterday evening.

It is the first time I have ever felt threatened at a match involving Whyteleafe, well any football match actually-including Chelsea in the 80s.

In the 2nd half I got my coat, bag and skirt covered in beer for just being there as part of the Whyteleafe supporters. On this occasion a steward did come into the crowd and eventually persuade the "louts" to move.

Later they seemed to go out of the ground into the car park via the far end of the ground, only to return at some point loaded with beer again. Many of them looked far too young to be over 18.

In the 2nd part of extra time there was again an issue and this time no stewards - WHY when there had been an issue earlier was there no one there?

Again, I got covered in Beer - and it was all very intimidating, and there was no way of concentrating on the vital last few minutes of the game.

I think had the older man in the light top not been there the kids would probably not have gone so far. That moron does not belong at any level of football and should be banned.

I did appreciate the Folkestone fans apologising, and can, to a certain extent, understand why they didn't want to get involved. They were not to know that Leafe supporters wouldn't suddenly loose control at the provocation and threat especially if they saw more Folkestone fans moving in and getting involved.

Lets hope something is done before Saturday, as Merstham seem to have more teenage fans than us (if they travel to away games) who may not be able to show so much restraint.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: So Sad by Johnny Moatside30/4/2015 17:45Thu Apr 30 17:45:24 2015

Previous thread: Top 10 Furniture company in UAE by bamboowoodworks27/11/2020 07:21Fri Nov 27 07:21:13 2020view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.