THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: score01 bitcoin by zeeshanToday 05:33Today at 05:33:22view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dairy Products suppliers by markusschloglgmbh22/6 11:42Tue Jun 22 11:42:49 2021view thread

Re: have more players left?

By Silent Witness (ChangeMyName)5/4/2016 17:28Tue Apr 5 17:28:22 2016In response to Re: have more players left?

Views: 1762

I do think this season has been a wasted opportunity when you look at where the 3 play off losers from last season are now. I did find it strange that so many players would leave a successful team for whatever reason, which in turn left us with a major rebuilding exercise where mistakes were obviously made player wise, let’s just hope the management have learnt from them.

However, I would most definitely agree that we do have some talented U21 youngsters coming through in Conal, Sam, Magic, Dylan and Conor who have all acquitted themselves well. If you add to those Ryan and Tommy who despite being around for some time are still both eligible for the u21 team, things do look bright for the club in the future.

Although, if these players are seen as promising by the club is there a danger of them being poached. I have seen various clubs announcing players committed to next season and even heard Carshalton have some youngsters on contracts, do we do that or have any of our players committed to next season or even been told if there wanted. If not I have a vision of John Fowler standing by the gates at the first pre-season training fingers crossed just waiting to see who turns up!

When you look at the Chairman’s ambitious plans to develop the ground and the club into the community it would be refreshing to build a team from within rather than sign the usual mercenaries, who seem to do the rounds trading on reputation just because they used to be at a pro club a few years ago. In return, perhaps naively I would hope that having come from within the club it would breed loyalty.

Obviously following that pathway wouldn’t probably lead to instant success, as Alan Hansen famously said you’ll win nothing with kids! The youngsters will obviously make mistakes and we as fans would have to look at the bigger picture of what the manager and club would be trying to achieve and give them all the time to do so.

Interesting times ahead, both on and off the pitch.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: have more players left? by tresakeck22/6 09:07Tue Jun 22 09:07:45 2021

Previous thread: Programmes by chipleafe28/10/2015 08:37Wed Oct 28 08:37:47 2015view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.