Another frustrating day. We started off really poorly: slow ponderous and resorting to long ball tactics so popular with Kentishfootbowel's Stephen McCartney. Second to everything and getting nowhere with high balls to Roscoe. easily mopped up
We went a goal down in typical style, a cross over the top to an unmarked Mark Lovell at the back post. His header looped high over Luke who had no chance.
We were however far the better after the break. Played the ball to feet and looked as though we were going to get more out of the match that we could ever have imagined during the first. But disaster struck when Herne Bay won a free kick 25 yards out. It was struck very firmly and Luke just watched it go in rooted to his spot. Disappointing.
Countless Leafe chances went begging after this with both Karl Parker and Moses Ashokodi crashing shots against the woodwork (the latter was actually a fine save by Bay's debut making young keeper) and Vernon had a strong header tipped over brilliantly too.
The match could have been delayed or even postponed but in reality both clubs and the referee worked together to ensure this did not happen. The only player missing at kick off was Ryan Fowler who was in the car with manager JF. Rob Mintrim took charge before the match and until John arrived.
It was unfortunate that Mark was in the worst possible place at the time of the bridge collapse (apart from underneath it!) and had to be turned back all the way to Godstone. All the players (bar one) and other supporters made it in good time.
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Radius Regular | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973
Next article in this thread: Re: Herne Bay by Micky011/9 11:36Wed Sep 1 11:36:31 2021
- Herne Bay by Lee Farmie28/8/2016 12:55Sun Aug 28 12:55:22 2016view thread
- Re: Herne Bay by Micky011/9 11:36Wed Sep 1 11:36:31 2021
- Re: Herne Bay by minion8918/9/2020 05:35Fri Sep 18 05:35:07 2020
- Re: Herne Bay by johnmartin7/8/2020 21:31Fri Aug 7 21:31:05 2020
- Re: Herne Bay by crictackle24/9 18:47Fri Sep 24 18:47:32 2021
- Re: Herne Bay by heenacruzl31/3/2020 15:00Tue Mar 31 15:00:54 2020
- Re: Herne Bay by heenacruzl19/3/2020 05:07Thu Mar 19 05:07:14 2020
- Re: Herne Bay by crictackle31/8 18:41Tue Aug 31 18:41:57 2021