Re: Terry Douce
It was a privilege to know Terry and Whyteleafe FC really won't be quite the same without him.
I can recall many times when I used to do the car park entrance that Terry would be the one driving out at 2.15 PM, covered in mud and grass from working on the pitch all morning, then be back at 2.45 PM showered and looking immaculately suited and booted ready for the match.
Terry could rant with the best of them (or referee coaching as we prefer to call it) but was also a kind and generous man who enjoyed a hearty laugh and banter. There are some great photographs of Terry celebrating Leafe goals, still with the excitement of a youngster who had just seen their first one!
One of my favourite moments was at a match where the Referee was having, shall we say, a difficult afternoon. Terry raged "If you were on performance related pay, you'd get pi__ all!"
Sincere condolences to Pam, Graham and all of the family. Through his children, grand-children, and great-grand-children, Terry leaves a huge legacy that I know he was immensely proud of.
Rest In Peace.
PAT BUTCHER FAN CLUB | Watching Leafe since 1993 | Voice on the PA | Retired Programme Editor | "Butcher's Bites" Columnist | Saw Garland score from the half-way line | Away day Peace Negotiation Officer
Edited by Pat Butcher Fan Club at 09:37:38 on 3rd November 2016
Next article in this thread: Re: Terry Douce by LinesmanIan3/11/2016 11:02Thu Nov 3 11:02:02 2016
- Terry Douce RIP by AL2/11/2016 14:46Wed Nov 2 14:46:07 2016view thread
- Re: Terry Douce RIP by painsadyu6/7/2021 10:27Tue Jul 6 10:27:38 2021
- Re: Terry Douce RIP by Clive2/11/2016 16:35Wed Nov 2 16:35:06 2016
- Terry by Mrs K2/11/2016 16:23Wed Nov 2 16:23:55 2016
- Re: Terry by Brian2/11/2016 18:09Wed Nov 2 18:09:48 2016
- Re: Terry Douce by Pat Butcher Fan Club3/11/2016 09:37Thu Nov 3 09:37:17 2016
- Re: Terry Douce by LinesmanIan3/11/2016 11:02Thu Nov 3 11:02:02 2016
- Re: Terry Douce by Benjamin37229/5/2020 13:41Fri May 29 13:41:13 2020
- Re: Terry Douce by Henry78327/2/2020 15:01Thu Feb 27 15:01:14 2020
- Re: Terry Douce by Edward3/11/2016 14:14Thu Nov 3 14:14:34 2016
- Funeral details etc. by Lee Farmie4/11/2016 14:09Fri Nov 4 14:09:49 2016