THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Little Alchemy by harcha-1Today 04:58Today at 04:58:15view thread

Oldest article: Walton & Hersham tomorrow by Leafe of Pie1/9/2014 15:07Mon Sep 1 15:07:47 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Three Bridges tonight by Leafe of Pie16/9/2014 09:09Tue Sep 16 09:09:57 2014view thread

FA Cup: Leafe 1 Hastings 2

By PBFC (legacy user)13/9/2014 22:18Sat Sep 13 22:18:16 2014

Views: 1671

We were out-muscled by a very large route one team and you can't argue with the winning goal, a stunning strike.

The Ref you can argue with - we didn't get the drippings off his nose.

Personally I wasn't really up for it. It's not just sour grapes, I honestly feel different about cup games and only really care about the League these days in all truth. Cup games just don't seem to have that edge.

Let's bounce back on Tuesday night at Three Bridges.

PBFC

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: FA Cup: Leafe 1 Hastings 2

By Leafe van Cleef (legacy user)14/9/2014 09:06Sun Sep 14 09:06:21 2014In response to FA Cup: Leafe 1 Hastings 2Top of thread

Views: 1491

I can't agree with much of that Mark. A good FA Cup run would be high up on my list of wishes for the season. It provides great drama, a chance to visit new clubs and most importantly can add significant income to the clubs coffers. We wouldn't have the main stand behind the goal if it wasn't for the run to the 1st round proper in 1999, and anyone who was around for that run will never forget the excitement it generated.

Thought Hastings just about deserved their win today. They were stronger than us and in the end more effective. Their 2 centrebacks were immense and in Adams (8) and Sawyer (10) they had 2 of the best players on the pitch on the day IMO. We played some lovely football at times and created a number of opportunities but I can't remember the Hastings keeper having to make anything more than a straight forward save. I think we missed JTs presence in the centre of midfield but saying that he did an excellent job filling in for Dylan at the back. Also thought the ref was OK. He wasn't overly fussy and seemed content to let the game flow which made it a better spectacle. And in all honesty it was a pretty good game to watch with both sides playing football and the result being in the balance to the end.

Anyway it's back to league business on Tuesday when we play Three Bridges who thrashed 2nd placed Corinthian Casuals yesterday, 4.1. Hopefully Jensen can recover from the knock he picked up yesterday. He limped back to the changing rooms with stud marks on his ankle so must have taken a hefty hit! See you there!

Yesterday FA cup

By Al (legacy user)14/9/2014 19:35Sun Sep 14 19:35:20 2014In response to Re: FA Cup: Leafe 1 Hastings 2Top of thread

Views: 1461

Cannot disagree with any of the comments made by van cleaf, we did miss Dylan but JT did a good job in defence and we could have done with his expertise in the middle of the park.
We must remember that we are still working with a successful squad from last season and hopefully we will learn as we progress, it is a shame we lost the opportunity of the F A Cup but we must now go on and up, J F and team are doing a great job.
So on and up and keep supporting.

Re: FA Cup: Leafe 1 Hastings 2

By PBFC (legacy user)14/9/2014 09:56Sun Sep 14 09:56:19 2014In response to Re: FA Cup: Leafe 1 Hastings 2Top of thread

Views: 1426

All fair points LVC,

On reflection I think I just got out of bed the wrong side yesterday.

My day didn't get any better :(

PBFC

Previous thread: Youth Team by Julie Pescod14/9/2014 12:38Sun Sep 14 12:38:46 2014view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.