THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Juli by JuliToday 03:48Today at 03:48:07view thread

Oldest article: Walton & Hersham tomorrow by Leafe of Pie1/9/2014 15:07Mon Sep 1 15:07:47 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Nice match report by My tealeaf17/9/2014 15:48Wed Sep 17 15:48:51 2014view thread

3 bridges 2 Leafe 2

By Clive (legacy user)16/9/2014 22:33Tue Sep 16 22:33:47 2014

Views: 1849

Dear oh dear. We should have killed the game off at 2-0. Missed several good chances to do so. Gothenburg sat back and we're riding our luck until ref gave ridiculous free kick to them when it was clearly a barge on one of our players.

Not one of our best performances but a game we still should have comfortably won.

A lesson to be learned when 2 up.

Terrible ref.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: 3 bridges 2 Leafe 2

By Pat Butcher Fan Club (legacy user)16/9/2014 22:44Tue Sep 16 22:44:53 2014In response to 3 bridges 2 Leafe 2Top of thread

Views: 1710

About sums it up Clive, but don't forget the stonewall penalty we were denied in the first half when Sam Clayton was hacked down in the box.

Their comeback stemmed from a dreadful offside decision against us and, as you say, a ludicrous free-kick decision that followed.

The Ref gave us bugger all in the second half and managed to conjure up 5 minutes added time from a game that didn't see one stoppage for injury. The man was an incompetent idiot.

Top that with that Neanderthal players dad at the end, with his fisher wife at his side, and you get the night from hell.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the lot of them.

PBFC

Re: 3 bridges 2 Leafe 2

By Paulo (legacy user)16/9/2014 23:24Tue Sep 16 23:24:57 2014In response to Re: 3 bridges 2 Leafe 2Top of thread

Views: 1699

Hey, calm down. All this moaning will do us no good. Look on the positive side, a point away from home, yes, I know we are gutted about giving up a 2 goal lead in the last 3 mins, but hey, we have moved up to 4th in the league. 2 points per game so far. That will take us close to a play off place. How much do we expect? I am delighted with our start to the season. Bring on Faversham.

Paulo COYL.

2-2

By Al (legacy user)17/9/2014 09:17Wed Sep 17 09:17:05 2014In response to Re: 3 bridges 2 Leafe 2Top of thread

Views: 1651

Agree with Paul. We have got to put away the chances, and not respond to referee decisions when they go against, this will level out over the season.
I do feel that we decided the game was over at 2-0 the opposition did not give up and they salvaged a point.

Re: 2-2

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)17/9/2014 09:49Wed Sep 17 09:49:18 2014In response to 2-2Top of thread

Views: 1645

I'm not sure I agree with that last point. At 2-0 it was inevitable that Three Bridges would be pushing forward to get something out of the game. But we could easily have made it 4 or 5 nil during this spell and we actually created more and better chances on the break than they did while they try to press.

The referee added on five minutes of time at the end and yet neither physio came onto the pitch the entire game. There were four substitutions in the second half which hardly stacks up to 5 minutes time.

Obviously whining about refereeing won't get us back the three points we had in the bag but it has to be said there were key decisions made which gifted the home team a point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

By Pat Butcher Fan Club (legacy user)17/9/2014 09:57Wed Sep 17 09:57:51 2014In response to Re: 2-2Top of thread

Views: 1646

Well said Farmie.

I for one will not meekly tow a line that we "threw it away" or somehow stepped off the gas.

We didn't and we were robbed.

PBFC

2-2

By The Man Who Folded Himself (legacy user)17/9/2014 07:57Wed Sep 17 07:57:00 2014In response to Re: 3 bridges 2 Leafe 2Top of thread

Views: 1665

Some referees make more decisions with which we might disagree than others. Most referees that make more than the average number of decisions which we might disagree make little difference to the outcome of the match. I felt that last night’s match referee was not one of those.

By Pat Butcher Fan Club (legacy user)17/9/2014 09:17Wed Sep 17 09:17:41 2014In response to 2-2Top of thread

Views: 1604

Like anyone in a position of power (albeit modest here in global terms) a Referee has the unspoken ability to sway the outcome of events, should they choose to do so. It's an unfortunate reality we have to live with from time to time.

no matter....

By bruce leafe (legacy user)17/9/2014 13:40Wed Sep 17 13:40:03 2014In response to Re: 2-2Top of thread

Views: 1598

time to put last night behind us. Moaning about the ref etc will not get us any where now. Three Bridges did not give up the ghost and got a bit of a lucky one first, then a great strike for the equaliser. I,m sure with a full strength bench we could have maybe controlled the breaks a bit better. Greg Andrews ran him self into th ground last night and gave everything he had. You could see him wanting to make the runs but i think his legs just gave out.
Now its time to concentrate on Saturdays game against Faversham. This should be a great game,between 2 sides that have started really well and it should be a good yardstick to see how we compare to a well established,always strong side. Looking forward to it already. COYL. Mean while,dont forget the youth team at home tonight and Quiz night Friday/

Previous thread: No subject by Groundsman17/9/2014 01:06Wed Sep 17 01:06:09 2014view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.