THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Piano in house by EdvardCalenToday 08:53Today at 08:53:31view thread

Oldest article: Chipstead by Lee Farmie25/8/2014 10:33Mon Aug 25 10:33:14 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Carshalton 1 Leafe 1(Leafe win 4-2 on pens) by Clive7/10/2014 22:51Tue Oct 7 22:51:27 2014view thread

Louis Hollingsworth update

By Bob the physio (legacy user)4/10/2014 19:10Sat Oct 4 19:10:36 2014

Views: 2305

Just spoke with Louie at the hospital. He has just had a scan on his head and is waiting the results and he will have stitches later this evening.

He was concussed and was unconscious for some 20 secs before I could arrange for him to be removed from the pitch. Although "groggy" he was speaking to me when he was in the recovery position ( where he fell)and was speaking to me once on the stretcher.

He did not lose consciousness anymore however was very "groggy" The paramedic arrived quickly and the ambulance some time after.

He has been taken to Mayday as his family live nearby and his cousin went with him to hospital.

He will have a very sore head and stitches to a 2" gash above his right eye, in the browline. also he had bruising to his nose from the collision, so that will have to be checked at the same time.
Obviously we are waiting on the results of the scan to-date and not sure how many stiches he will require.

I will keep you advised, however the new FA rules may mean he may not be able to play for maybe 3 games at least dependent on scan results

Regards

bob Hemstead

reply to this article | return to the front page

Louis update

By Al (legacy user)4/10/2014 19:46Sat Oct 4 19:46:02 2014In response to Louis Hollingsworth updateTop of thread

Views: 2204

Thank you Bob for the update, we all wish Louis well for a speedy recovery and back on the park very soon, I know the Redhil officials were all very concerned and send their very best wishes also.

Re: Louis Hollingsworth update

By Clive (legacy user)4/10/2014 19:19Sat Oct 4 19:19:37 2014In response to Louis Hollingsworth updateTop of thread

Views: 2479

Thanks for the update Bob.

Good wishes to Louis from all Leafe fans.

By Leafe van Cleef (legacy user)4/10/2014 20:15Sat Oct 4 20:15:47 2014In response to Re: Louis Hollingsworth updateTop of thread

Views: 2224

Yep, all the best Louis. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

By Leafe of Pie (legacy user)4/10/2014 20:20Sat Oct 4 20:20:06 2014In response to Re: Louis Hollingsworth updateTop of thread

Views: 2218

Echo everyone's thoughts.... speedy recovery Louis.

Louis Hollingsworth update

By Bob the physio (legacy user)5/10/2014 14:42Sun Oct 5 14:42:46 2014In response to Re: Louis Hollingsworth updateTop of thread

Views: 2141

Spoke with Louies girlfriend this morning. He is recovering from the headwound at home, but is battered and bruised about the face and nose region. He had 10-12 stitches to his head wound and the precautionary scans on his neck showed no damage (he did complain to me about "tingling" sensation in his hands when I did a full body check in the medical room before 1st medical paramedical arrived) This was the reason for the neck brace and head restraint.

As per the new FA guidelines we fulfilled 3 of the primary rules and Louie will now have to be signed off by a doctor after a period of rest from football (maybe 3 games)

I will keep the forum updated but at the moment he is having time off work and recovering with his family.

Many thanks to the stewart and Paulo for helping with the removal of Louie from the pitch. If there are any volunteers who could help on home games with this scenario I can provide training to assist the club in these situations. Lifting a 6'2" centre half is hard when we do not have the correct amount of people

Regards

Bob Hemstead

6'2" shifter

By My tealeaf (legacy user)6/10/2014 20:49Mon Oct 6 20:49:08 2014In response to Louis Hollingsworth updateTop of thread

Views: 2033

I think that if an announcement had asked for volunteers to help, you would have been overrun with concerned fans, we all were worried as anything seeing him just laying there was horrible.

I try to attend most matches at home (I have a season ticket) and I am myself a "big lump" at 6'2". though not medically trained, I would be more than willing to be a stretcher bearer if needed in the future. If we see similar circumstances in the future, should I just leap the barrier, or would you need something more formal?

Tim

Louis Hollingsworth

By Bob the physio (legacy user)7/10/2014 18:44Tue Oct 7 18:44:56 2014In response to 6'2" shifterTop of thread

Views: 2052

Hello Mr Shifter.

You do not need a medical qualification, however we do need to have a structured plan in place to remove a player from the pitch.
Due to the physical nature of the position of the changing rooms we need to practice both getting the player safely off the pitch and into the physio room.

I work with another club where we have to spend training weekends dealing with this type of injury and how to extricate players safety from the pitch.

I will discuss with the club management on how to take this forward.

Regards

Bob Hemstead

Re: Louis Hollingsworth

By My tealeaf (legacy user)8/10/2014 11:40Wed Oct 8 11:40:21 2014In response to Louis HollingsworthTop of thread

Views: 2077

Thanks Bob,

I'm happy to attend any training that is deemed necessary, As I said, I'm not medically trained and a bit squeamish if truth be told, but I'm quite strong and more than happy to help.

Tim

Help

By Bob the physio (legacy user)8/10/2014 13:07Wed Oct 8 13:07:43 2014In response to Re: Louis HollingsworthTop of thread

Views: 1993

Hi Tim, any help would be handy.
I would not expect you to get involved with the treatment side however we need assistance with moving players from the pitch safely, professionally and with assurance to both player and public.

If you or anybody else is interested please come and see me in the treatment room on game days or training nights if you are at the club.

Ideally we need 4 carriers with me monitoring the player whist he is been taken off.

Regards

Bob Hemstead

Re: 6'2" shifter

By Clive (legacy user)6/10/2014 20:53Mon Oct 6 20:53:28 2014In response to 6'2" shifterTop of thread

Views: 2082

Just leap mate

Previous thread: Home and Away by Clive5/10/2014 12:15Sun Oct 5 12:15:37 2014view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.