THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: What health products can you recommend? by Michael TurnerToday 21:14Today at 21:14:29view thread

Oldest article: AGM by Mrs K11/8/2014 14:02Mon Aug 11 14:02:08 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Herne Bay 1 Whyteleafe 3 by Pat Butcher Fan Club9/12/2014 22:59Tue Dec 9 22:59:52 2014view thread

Folkestone 0 Leafe 0

By Clive (legacy user)6/12/2014 18:37Sat Dec 6 18:37:35 2014

Views: 2300

Folkestone dominated the first 25 mins without creating many chances despite their pressure. Thereafter the Leafe came more into the game and second half dominated possession. Not many clear cut chances but several near misses as some dangerous balls whizzed across the home defence.

Overall we fully deserved a point and really deserved all 3. Dylan had a perfectly looking good goal disallowed mid way through the 2nd half. Roscoe was offside but Dylan came from an onside position to lob the keeper. To be honest I wasn't surprised the ref and Lino disallowed it- they did their best to give us nothing all afternoon.

A fully committed performance by the whole team.
JT had a great game at centre half( Louis has apparently joined Bradley Drake in the estate agency profession). Sol had his best game for us. But for me MOM was Dylan who was absolute man mountain.

Without wishing to sound rather pompous, also a special mention for the mighty Leafe Army today. Marvellous singing throughout and especially in the 2nd half under a most acoustic lovely long roof.

Overall a good result and a lovely day out.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)6/12/2014 19:48Sat Dec 6 19:48:03 2014In response to Folkestone 0 Leafe 0Top of thread

Views: 2190

Pompous pervert

By Clive (legacy user)6/12/2014 20:16Sat Dec 6 20:16:53 2014In response to Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0Top of thread

Views: 2165

From a man wearing lime green trousers!!

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)6/12/2014 20:56Sat Dec 6 20:56:59 2014In response to Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0Top of thread

Views: 2075

Agree with Clive's comments. I thought we were really good in the second half after weathering the storm heroically in the first. In the car on the way back, we picked out the same players. Dylan was immense, but that's no more than we've come to expect. JT has shown on a few occasions now that he's as stoic a centre back as he is a buccaneering midfielder. But we picked out Sol too, he was Dan's man of the match. The lad has a cross on him, and in the 90th minute has was cutting one back from their byline. That says plenty about a full back's workrate, that he's still getting forward when others are flagging.
With a bit of luck we'd have got all 3 points, but let's not forget who we were playing ... a side that have reached the playoffs the last three years. And in the second half, we had them on the run. That's proved we belong in the top 5.
And they're emerald green, not lime.

By Clive (legacy user)6/12/2014 22:00Sat Dec 6 22:00:25 2014In response to Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0Top of thread

Views: 2082

Sorry to be a tart for posting again but forgot to mention that Roscoe is extraordinarily good.

A very good nil-niller

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)7/12/2014 10:18Sun Dec 7 10:18:10 2014In response to Re: Folkestone 0 Leafe 0Top of thread

Views: 2168

To be fair Folkestone could have been four up at half time had it not been for some superb defending. I thought Sheikhs had his (occasionally-worn) Teflon gloves on yesterday and yet still made some brilliant reaction saves. JT is growing into an excellent centre back and you have to wonder whether he's played there regularly before?

We edged the second half and came SO close to snatching a winner but hey, there you go - that would have ben tough on the home side.

We had a good goal ruled out as Dylan Merchant raced through to lob the home keeper. He was onside - sure Roscoe was offside but he was just getting of the way. The referee shrugged and looked at the linesmen after the match, one said it wasn't me and the other looked at his shoes...

Had he been there, The Pat Butcher Fan Club would surely have said we didn't get the drippings from the referee's nose or somesuch idiom.

The pitch was surprisingly poor. I don't remember it being that bad before and you have to wonder why Mr Cugley is so anti-3G when he has to put a good footballing team onto that every other week.

It was a good day out all round, Micropub No. 2 (the Firkin Ale House) was splendid in my opinion but upset a couple of people because of it policies on no swearing, no noisy electronic devices and no lager. But frankly - that's the point of these places!

Next stop Herne Bay. What's it to be, the Bouncing Barrel? the Butcher's Arms? or the Firkin Frog?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

Butcher's Arms, Herne

By Pink Panther (legacy user)8/12/2014 12:19Mon Dec 8 12:19:10 2014In response to A very good nil-nillerTop of thread

Views: 1996

If you've never been there before I'd definitely recommend the Butcher's Arms - the original (and surely most 'micro') of the micropubs. Did it in April 2013 - don't think the other two were up and running at that time.

I just googled it and found this link, which despite being on the Daily Farage website gives a good overview of what it's like:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360127/Britains-tiniest-pub-At-12ft-14ft-Hernes-big-success.html

Re: Butcher's Arms, Herne

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)8/12/2014 21:30Mon Dec 8 21:30:02 2014In response to Butcher's Arms, HerneTop of thread

Views: 1846

I'm game. Sounds cosy. Think the plan was to meet at the Leafe at 1pm and make a further plan from there?

By Clive (legacy user)8/12/2014 21:58Mon Dec 8 21:58:57 2014In response to Re: Butcher's Arms, HerneTop of thread

Views: 1928

Blimey, 1pm sounds rather early!

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)9/12/2014 06:50Tue Dec 9 06:50:44 2014In response to Re: Butcher's Arms, HerneTop of thread

Views: 1903

I've taken my final day's annual leave of the year for this Clive. I intend to make the most of it!

Walton Away

By Viv Aldi (legacy user)8/12/2014 22:09Mon Dec 8 22:09:24 2014In response to Re: Butcher's Arms, HerneTop of thread

Views: 1902

I'm back in Leafe Country for Walton away so fancy a few pubs beforehand if you want to get organising Sir Farmie

I like pubs where you can use phones and swear though I'm afraid. Haven't matured that much at uni

Good luck tomorrow everyone

Leafe Leafe Leafe

Re: Walton Away

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)9/12/2014 07:31Tue Dec 9 07:31:54 2014In response to Walton AwayTop of thread

Views: 1929

There's a Wetherspoons not too far away. But if it's anything like the one in Tonbridge you'll be asked to remove your hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

Previous thread: Cover designs... by Lee Farmie4/12/2014 22:15Thu Dec 4 22:15:37 2014view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.