THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What software development firm can you advise? by Michael TurnerYesterday 16:41Yesterday at 16:41:47view thread

Oldest article: No subject by Clive30/7/2014 22:06Wed Jul 30 22:06:45 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tuesday by Mrs K5/1/2015 18:52Mon Jan 5 18:52:31 2015view thread

what a strange game

By bruce leafe (legacy user)1/1/2015 19:42Thu Jan 1 19:42:57 2015

Views: 1800

Chips 4 Leafe 4.
That was one strange afternoon. Only 2 3 up after completely dominatimng the home side and giving thema lesson in how to play. How quickly they learned too. Some how we managed to forget how to play during half time and Chips discovered that they could actually do this thing called football.
As it was i think we were quite relieved when Shwam got his equaliser at the end.
A riveting game of footy but i think we we should have had a comfortable stroll but as always we made it hard for ourselves.
Well done to the three different keepers for Chipstead who all enjoyed and joined in the banter and i think on the reflection of the whole game a draw was possibly the best for both teams.
Rosco (e) is still class!!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: what a strange game

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)1/1/2015 20:19Thu Jan 1 20:19:45 2015In response to what a strange gameTop of thread

Views: 1677

Completely threw it away. Second half was a pitiful performance really but we squandered far too many great chances in the first half - what were we thinking?

Think we deserved a point over the 84 minutes of the match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

By PBFC (legacy user)1/1/2015 21:22Thu Jan 1 21:22:04 2015In response to Re: what a strange gameTop of thread

Views: 1696

It was such a mixture of pleasure and pain, including the fact that 2nd half, stood in the teeth of a freezing cold wind, I had to concede that I had under-dressed and retreat to the covered end amongst the cackling Chips supporters.

Whilst playing "Spot the brain cell" I rued the wasted opportunities of the first 45 minutes. One moment that really irritates is where Roscoe was clean through on the makeshift keeper when the dunderhead Ref called play back for a Leafe free-kick as a result of a foul. No advantage played.

Contrast that with the 2nd half when a Chips forward was similarly fouled but allowed to run on, shoot for Ceesay to save and then get the F/K retrospectively. Grrrrrrr

A point salvaged but really 2 points chucked away.

PBFC

By Viv Aldi (legacy user)2/1/2015 01:44Fri Jan 2 01:44:39 2015In response to Re: what a strange gameTop of thread

Views: 1656

What a crazy start to 2015 that was. Two clear cut chances squandered before we went ahead still early on. Jason Henry making a mockery of their number three and putting lethal crosses into the box and it looked for all the world that it was going to be a comfortable victory.

Chipstead seemed to score from every opportunity in the first half and we all went in in disbelief to only be one goal to the good.

The second half was abysmal. And cold.

Good following from the Leafe Army today, nice walk to the ground thrown in as well. Snatched a draw from the jaws of victory but probably a fair result over the 90 (or 84, six minutes added on? six minutes?? What on earth was that all about. Minimum of ten. Surely.)

Cold?

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)2/1/2015 11:08Fri Jan 2 11:08:33 2015In response to Re: what a strange gameTop of thread

Views: 1625

I really didn't think it was that cold yesterday. Despite having a strong wind in our faces throughout the second half it didn't seem cold to me. If that had been a wintry wind we'd have known it.

Really poor second half showing yesterday. There's one thing bemoaning the chances missed early in the game but more worrying was the complete absence of chances in the second half. Where were we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe

Re: Cold?

By Leafe van Cleef (legacy user)2/1/2015 14:37Fri Jan 2 14:37:24 2015In response to Cold?Top of thread

Views: 1610

Yes we were poor in the 2nd half but we did score 4 goals in the match. If your strikers do that you should win, but defensively we were a shambles for the whole game. Difficult to believe it was the same back 4 and keeper who had performed so effectively in the Tooting game. We gifted them 2 of their goals and that is what ultimately cost us the extra 2 points. Not much of a break before tomorrows game so hope legs, knocks etc recover quickly and we can put in a better performance.

Oh, and it was bloody cold in the 2nd half standing in that gale!

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)2/1/2015 15:13Fri Jan 2 15:13:27 2015In response to Re: Cold?Top of thread

Views: 1656

What a bunch of wusses.

Not the defence, I mean people who thought it was cold. Wait til the winter sets in!

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)3/1/2015 11:32Sat Jan 3 11:32:34 2015In response to Re: Cold?Top of thread

Views: 1629

Sybil is going to feel the backlash today.

By Leafe van Cleef (legacy user)3/1/2015 11:59Sat Jan 3 11:59:39 2015In response to Re: Cold?Top of thread

Views: 1617

Pervert

Previous thread: Chipstead on New Year's Day by Toby Lerone30/12/2014 15:35Tue Dec 30 15:35:35 2014view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.