THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Những dòng kem chống nắng cho da khô nám có hiệu q… by alexfaustinusToday 13:36Today at 13:36:38view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Spider Solitaire by Vader881/3 04:58Mon Mar 1 04:58:24 2021view thread

Sendings off - clarification

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)19/1/2015 12:18Mon Jan 19 12:18:15 2015

Views: 2626

Just to clarify: all three dismissals were for second bookable offences. There was no straight red shown to Bentley as recorded somewhere in the press.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Sendings off - clarification

By Clive (legacy user)19/1/2015 12:20Mon Jan 19 12:20:10 2015In response to Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2399

so what bans do they get and when from?

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)19/1/2015 12:35Mon Jan 19 12:35:57 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2476

They all get a one match ban and miss East Grinstead away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)19/1/2015 12:36Mon Jan 19 12:36:40 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2436

Incidentally, I'm teed up to sign three new players tomorrow night.

By Leafe van Cleef (legacy user)21/1/2015 10:46Wed Jan 21 10:46:14 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2274

Did the new signings happen?

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)21/1/2015 13:29Wed Jan 21 13:29:43 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2278

Two out of three (another whined about playing on 3G - he'd rather turn his ankle in a wintry mudbath). But JF is looking to sign another in the next week or two.

By Pat Butcher Fan Club (legacy user)19/1/2015 12:45Mon Jan 19 12:45:33 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2464

Exciting, new players imminent. We might have a full 11 at East Grinstead now.

As pointed out on Twitter I believe, these were our first Reds of the season.

Including Rob Smith we achieved our first four red cards of the season in one game - surely some sort of record?

If that doesn't flag up to the League/FA that something is wrong with the Referee nothing will.

So, nothing will.

PBFC

By Fisher Dan (legacy user)22/1/2015 20:35Thu Jan 22 20:35:25 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2179

I reply to this post simply to say that a certain fellow SCEFL club might have flagged to the league and FA that there was indeed something wrong with this individual last season, after an... eventful performance.

To be fair, something did happen: he got promoted to the Ryman.

By Clive (legacy user)22/1/2015 20:40Thu Jan 22 20:40:21 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2195

Fisher Dan, pray tell us more about this "eventful performance"..........

By Fisher Dan (legacy user)22/1/2015 20:49Thu Jan 22 20:49:25 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2216

It's hard to know where to start. Some pretty shocking decision-making, combined with non-existent communication with captains. It was a shambles from start to finish and I fired off a 4 page report (including sub-sections and a summary). While it was completely ignored, writing it did at least make me feel better.

On the afternoon in question, he and his assistants walked straight out of the ground after the game (after being paid of course) without acknowledging either the home or away officials.

I was genuinely gobsmacked when I saw the promotion list.

is this right he is only 22?

By Clive (legacy user)22/1/2015 23:35Thu Jan 22 23:35:37 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2180

http://www.refchat.co.uk/members/jack-packman.868/

we shouldn't be so harsh on the boy

Re: is this right he is only 22?

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)23/1/2015 08:34Fri Jan 23 08:34:30 2015In response to is this right he is only 22?Top of thread

Views: 2163

Says he, stalking the fella over the internet.

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)19/1/2015 12:54Mon Jan 19 12:54:00 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2409

We got our first four reds of the season in the space of 32 minutes!

Dirty 'Leafe

By Rootin' Tootin' (legacy user)19/1/2015 15:29Mon Jan 19 15:29:36 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2372

No text

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Honest ....

By bruce leafe (legacy user)19/1/2015 15:42Mon Jan 19 15:42:28 2015In response to Dirty 'LeafeTop of thread

Views: 2366

Rootin,,, you should have been there. inept cannot begin to describe it. I have normally calmed down a bit by Sat night, but its now Monday and i'm still fuming.
COY(D)L!!!

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)19/1/2015 13:09Mon Jan 19 13:09:14 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2430

Not strictly true as Rob Smith, being a non-playing participant, did not receive a red card. Look, I'm no more picky than the ref!

What if???

By My Tealeafe (legacy user)20/1/2015 11:46Tue Jan 20 11:46:32 2015In response to Re: Sendings off - clarificationTop of thread

Views: 2336

Look, it'll never happen, if it didn't happen Saturday it never will, but what if....
John Fowler had enough of this bias clod hopper and called the team in and refused to play, what would be the repercussions of such an action? I seem to recall that an Arab side did that once, not sure of the reason, but a sheikh looking bloke in the full Thobe and Gutra stepped onto the pitch and called the team off.
What would happen if the Mighty did a similar stunt? We certainly had the provocation on Saturday

Re: What if???

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)20/1/2015 12:31Tue Jan 20 12:31:31 2015In response to What if???Top of thread

Views: 2445

We would get a massive fine for failing to fulfil a fixture. I reckon it would be in the region of £1,000. Failure to pay the fine would see us suspended from all football activity by the FA. I'm not sure what the football authorities in the middle east did or would do.

That's about it.

I was interested to listen to Jim Ward's post match interview. It's a bit garbled - not his accent but because the wind was blowing across the mic. It's also quite long and tedious but, reading between the lines, I can't help thinking he thought the sendings off were harsh too, you really have to listen to the end. He also says Sam Clayton was the best player on the park.

Quite late in the video someone walks past from left to right. That is the Whyteleafe secretary going to try to clear up the visitors changing room which as you can understand was knee deep in mud.

Do my ears deceive me?

By My Tealeafe (legacy user)20/1/2015 13:18Tue Jan 20 13:18:44 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2284

Did he actually have a moan about how the pitch had "cut up a bit by then" and that stopped his football players playing.....

Re: Do my ears deceive me?

By Pat Butcher Fan Club (legacy user)20/1/2015 17:32Tue Jan 20 17:32:34 2015In response to Do my ears deceive me?Top of thread

Views: 2346

A bit of sympathy for the reds, especially Bentley's which was softer than the pitch.

I didn't like the comment "Their Assistant Manager came over; no idea who he is"

Yes, well, you're not fit to lace his drinks mate.

I do like this video idea though and it would be good to have John's thoughts after games, although possibly not with sound on after Saturday's.

By Pat Butcher Fan Club (legacy user)20/1/2015 12:59Tue Jan 20 12:59:19 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2341

I actually shouted my suggestion to all walk off the pitch during the game, after the second red, never mind the third.

I incurred considerable wrath from Farmie and much mutterings about paperwork.

If we had I would have fully understood and chipped in towards the fine.

Four days on I am still fuming at the whole diabolical afternoon.

PBFC

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)20/1/2015 13:27Tue Jan 20 13:27:16 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2384

Apart from the paperwork, it would have achieved nothing. It would have been cutting off our collective nose to spite our collective face. We would have been ridiculed across football, fined and we'd have gained no points at all from the match. And you can't chip in to give us a point back.

The best we could do is carry on with as much pride and decorum as we could muster and retrieve what we could from the match with our heads held high.

Get over it.

By My Tealeafe (legacy user)20/1/2015 13:35Tue Jan 20 13:35:09 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2323

It seemed to work for the UAE though...

---from Wiki--
During the match against France at the 1982 FIFA World Cup, France scored a goal while some of the Kuwaiti players had stopped, having heard a whistle. The goal was initially awarded by the referee, who had not blown, but Kuwait walked off the pitch in protest. They eventually resumed playing only after the intervention of Sheikh Fahad and the referee's changing his mind to disallow the French goal.

By My tealeaf (legacy user)5/2/2015 12:14Thu Feb 5 12:14:36 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 1862

Just seen the fall-out from the Tunisia v Equatorial Guinea match with Tunisia likely to be banned from the next CAF as they won't apologise..EG is (per capita) one of the richest nations in Africa (per capita is not that relevant as it all goes to el Presidente) and the thought that bribes would happen in this country shocks me (speak to me in the clubhouse about how I secured a lucrative deal in EG)

Tunisia seemed to have a fair shout for foul play but even they didn't have 34 red cards shown....

By My tealeaf (legacy user)5/2/2015 12:15Thu Feb 5 12:15:15 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 1817

4 red cards, not 34

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)20/1/2015 13:42Tue Jan 20 13:42:05 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2372

I think times have changed and the circumstances were very different. The situation described there reminds me rather more of when we played Met Police a few years back. The ref blew for a penalty to Met Police in the dying minutes of the match of the match but a Met player subsequently kicked the ball into the net. The decided to award the goal instead of the penalty kick.

We all went a bit mental with that one! Especially Bruce.

By Clive (legacy user)20/1/2015 13:50Tue Jan 20 13:50:31 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2360

And we used to sing a song that went something like;

Nasty nasty leafe
Nasty nasty leafe
Nasty nasty Leafe
Nasty Leafe supporters

Maybe we should resurrect it.

or

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)20/1/2015 14:12Tue Jan 20 14:12:45 2015In response to Re: What if???Top of thread

Views: 2330

moany moany Leafe
moany moany Leafe
moany moany Leafe...

Re: or

By My Tealeafe (legacy user)20/1/2015 14:24Tue Jan 20 14:24:34 2015In response to orTop of thread

Views: 2345

All we do is moan dah dah dah da dah
All we do is moan dah dah dah da dah
All we do is moan moan, moan is all we do...

The Beatles were all etc. etc.

By Brian Eethoven (legacy user)20/1/2015 14:47Tue Jan 20 14:47:30 2015In response to Re: orTop of thread

Views: 2274

Will this referee be looked into at all after this fiasco? Can you just do what you want as a referee at his level and face no scrutiny?

By Lee Farmie (legacy user)20/1/2015 17:00Tue Jan 20 17:00:22 2015In response to Re: orTop of thread

Views: 2390

They are scrutinised in a number of ways. All referees are regularly monitored by FA assessors and unfortunately this has its own consequences. Referees seem prone to lose all common sense and play to the every letter of law when an assessor is present. So every minor indiscretion is pulled up and the matches are stop-start-stop-start-stop-start. If anyone mentions that there's an assessor is present at a match, those in the know will let out a very audible groan.

Not all matches by any means have an assessor present but there was supposedly one there on Saturday. I don't know whether he was there or not, I certainly wasn't introduced and normally he would be present when team sheets are exchanged. He may have cancelled late on although his name does appear on the report sheet.

In any event, Referees are assessed every match as both participating clubs submit a report on the referee's performance after every match. The referee is marked on (a) overall decision making (b) judgment of major decisions and (c) general control and player management. They cannot be given less than 10 in any category so there is minimum of 30 and those people who shout that the referee should get nil are going to be disappointed!

It's very important to mark them dispassionately and not try to punish referees because decisions simply don't go your team's way. That would be counter-productive and frankly a bit asinine. However, it is important to be honest and if you think the referee was consistently wrong and failed to deal with situations correctly then it's important to say so.

If you give a referee low marks you have to submit a written report in addition to the numbers.

By Toby Lerone (legacy user)20/1/2015 19:53Tue Jan 20 19:53:03 2015In response to Re: orTop of thread

Views: 2340

Thank goodness for Farmie's level-headed contributions to this thread. The suggestion we should walk off in similar circumstances is ludicrous. We got a point, and we earned it the hard way. I love you all, but come on lads, let's get over it!
I'm in Ireland this weekend and frankly I'm glad of the break. It's all boiled over a bit too much for me lately. I'm very passionate about following the Leafe, but can't we just have a bit of fun? I've got that post-Corinthian feeling from last year, where we became preoccupied with berating officials (I admit my own guilt) and forgot to sing up for the lads a lot of the time.

By The Man who Unfolded the Man Who Folded Himself (Origami Dav (legacy user)21/1/2015 15:04Wed Jan 21 15:04:02 2015In response to Re: orTop of thread

Views: 2253

Football is full of ups and downs. The good times will start rolling again soon I am sure

in that case....

By bruce leafe (legacy user)20/1/2015 17:35Tue Jan 20 17:35:48 2015In response to Re: orTop of thread

Views: 2332

Quote '
In any event, Referees are assessed every match as both participating clubs submit a report on the referee's performance after every match. The referee is marked on (a) overall decision making (b) judgment of major decisions and (c) general control and player management. They cannot be given less than 10 in any category so there is minimum of 30 and those people who shout that the referee should get nil are going to be disappointed!'
a.... 10 points, the minimm. He only had one decision to make and that was at 10am. He got it wrong, badly wrong.
b... 10 points if he got a right, then the whole thing would not have been a farce.
c. 10 points ... couldnt control himself at 10 am, let alone other players.

Shame you dont get points for been a cheating c**t, as he would have got top marks.
Yes.... im still fumig too.

Farmie, you must give this ref the minimum marks possible and submit a report. He should not be in charge of sunday football, let alone Rymans.

Re: in that case....

By Brian Eethoven (legacy user)20/1/2015 18:23Tue Jan 20 18:23:08 2015In response to in that case....Top of thread

Views: 2261

I genuinely believe that this ref has a petty vendetta against the Leafe in addition to the fact he is probably clueless.

By ryanhaynes19/5/2020 07:57Tue May 19 07:57:37 2020In response to Re: in that case....Top of thread

Views: 381

We got our first four reds of the season in the space of 32 minutes!
good resume examples

By Katerom28/2 12:01Sun Feb 28 12:01:26 2021In response to Re: in that case....Top of thread

Views: 235

Thanks for sharing this information, but I think resume is not such a simple thing that can be written using examples. When I was preparing mine, I decided to find a trustworthy service, so I read reviews on https://www.writingjudge.com/ to choose the most rated service by the customers. I must say that it really helped, as the service I chose prepared a good resume for me.

Previous thread: Hunting for a Useful Assignment Help! by zayedalmansouri28/12/2020 07:31Mon Dec 28 07:31:12 2020view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.