THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Ultra-Soft Fitted Bed Sheets For Premium Comfort by rainbowhosieryToday 10:24Today at 10:24:16view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: draw a picture by noahcentineo7/12/2020 09:19Mon Dec 7 09:19:58 2020view thread

Scum of the Earth

By My Tealeafe29/4/2015 09:42Wed Apr 29 09:42:08 2015

Views: 2998

Last night, myself and the other traveling 'leafe fans were subjected to a disgraceful display of violent, intimidating behavior from the Folkstone supporters. The young kids there some as young as 12 were in our face from the moment they climbed over the back fence to bunk in. It culminated in the last part of extra time in the worst scenes I have ever witnessed at a Football match (and I used to go to Div 1 games in the 70s).

These scum were allowed to carry on pushing and screaming at us while the stewards turned their backs on us and watched the game (something that as I paid my 9 quid I should have been allowed to do). For violence to flourish, it takes good men to stand by and allow it, and that is precisely what happened last night. The ring leader was a 40 something skinhead that seems to like the company of young boys, I just hope the other inmates find that out next time he goes to prison.

I will be writing to the Club, the Ryman league and the Police about this.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Play off at FIFC

By Chairman30/4/2015 14:31Thu Apr 30 14:31:30 2015In response to Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2447

Can i say congratulations to all our Fans, firstly for showing the commitment and support they have given our club for so long but secondly and more important the maturity and strength in showing such good restraint in not retaliating to the intimidation.
I know, we had a number of fans there that could quite easily have ripped there heads off but showed more guts by not doing so.
The club will be making a full statement and submitting it to FIFC, the Ryman League and the Kent Police.
It cannot change what happened on Tuesday but hopefully will prevent a re occurrence of this for other clubs fans. It may also prevent one of those silly young children and/or there bald leader from getting a hiding from a less restrained group of away fans than ours.
The Ryman league/Kent Police will not accept this behavior and with enough evidence will i'm sure deal with it appropriately.

Chairman

3 people like this 3 people

Re: Play off at FIFC

By YoungHope27/11/2020 08:42Fri Nov 27 08:42:05 2020In response to Play off at FIFCTop of thread

Views: 241

Nothing is more valuable today. You cannot live yesterday, and tomorrow is still beyond your reach. geometry dash

Edited by YoungHope at 08:43:17 on 27th November 2020

By Rory82829/4/2020 16:16Wed Apr 29 16:16:18 2020In response to Play off at FIFCTop of thread

Views: 380

You need to train your self in this way so you can compete with the other tough and club level teams. The uk writers did a great research in past year events which people watch at large level and they are working well for me.

By My Tealeafe30/4/2015 14:43Thu Apr 30 14:43:55 2015In response to Play off at FIFCTop of thread

Views: 2272

Thanks Mr Chairman,
Compared to the wall of silence from the other club, this is great news.

Cheers

Tim

By Leafey Lion30/4/2015 16:08Thu Apr 30 16:08:48 2015In response to Re: Play off at FIFCTop of thread

Views: 2275

Agreed. Good to see a chairman showing leadership in the situation. Shame that the other one isn't.

2 people like this 2 people

By Pat Butcher Fan Club30/4/2015 21:03Thu Apr 30 21:03:02 2015In response to Re: Play off at FIFCTop of thread

Views: 2274

Well done Mark.

48 hours on I am still livid at what Folkestone FC knowingly allowed us to be subjected to, abandoning their duty of care and leaving us to be cannon fodder to a bunch of savages.

If it had been me that had a full pint of liquid smashed into my face at point blank range by that spiky haired 40ish knuckle dragger, as another Forum member here did, I would be pressing charges by now. It was assault, nothing less.

I also don't accept that beer was "smuggled in" - unless you get a dozen handy pint plastic glasses with every crate. They were bought at the bar and consumed largely by youths looking well under 18. Again, a complete lack of care or control.

I sincerely hope the Ryman League, Police and Local Licensing Authority throw the book at FIFC. They deserve nothing less for events on Tuesday and their cold indifference since.

Mark

PAT BUTCHER FAN CLUB | Watching Leafe since 1993 | Voice on the PA | Retired Programme Editor | "Butcher's Bites" Column memorably described as "a poor man's Jeremy Clarkson" | Saw Garland score from the half-way line

Re: Scum of the Earth

By My Tealeafe29/4/2015 10:23Wed Apr 29 10:23:50 2015In response to Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2659

I logged onto their forum and posted this
"For evil to flourish, good men must stand around and let it happen, I'm sure there are many many good men among the Folkstone fans, but last night you collectively stood back and let a small minority intimidate, threaten, abuse, push and throw stuff at the travelling 'leafe fans. Coming up to us in the car park and apologising, though worthy, doesn't make up for your inaction on the night. You let the non-league fraternity down by allowing these scum boys to have free reign. Your stewarding was pathetic, at one stage when it was kicking off, the two brave security boys turned their back on us and watched the game (as I had paid my nine quid, I would like to have been allowed to do myself)
The boys seem to be led by a 40 something skinhead who told me after the match he was proud of himself and F*ckin loved causing trouble. I see that a photographer took plenty of photos at the time and if you want help identifying this violent fagin, I can assist you if you let me know where the photographs are published.
I'm not a bad looser and would normally wish you luck in the final against Merstham, but after spending an hour having a 14 year old scream "c*nt" in my face, I'll wish you anything but luck, though at least if you win we are guaranteed one season without your malodorous presence."

Probably wont stay up for long.......

By Pat Butcher Fan Club29/4/2015 11:06Wed Apr 29 11:06:05 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2681

I agree, it was the singularly worst experience I have ever suffered at a football match at any level and it completely spoilt what should have been a memorable occasion, whatever the result, and an opportunity to cheer our team at the end of a fantastic season.

It might be put down to "kids" but these feral scum had ringleaders including the snarling 40 year old scumbag who smashed Clive in the face with yet another beer near the end.

I too am going to write to the Ryman League and I will also get to the bottom of how kids clearly well under 18 can have a seemingly endless supply of pints of beer in licensed premises?

It's all well and good for Folkestone's "real fans" to start apologising afterwards but WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP WHILST IT WAS HAPPENING?

It was obvious what a dire situation we were in, penned in from both sides with a snarling mob spoiling for a fight and you'd have to be blind and deaf not to realise how volatile the situation was.

When you do a 140 mile round trip, not to mention two of our supporters doing a 500 mile round trip from work/Uni in Sheffield, and pay your money, you have a right to support your team without facing missiles, violence and constant intimidation.

SHAME on the Folkestone officials for not bothering to help. Retreating to your Ivory Tower to bask in the glory of a few more £££ in the pot.

I just hope Merstham win on Saturday and I hope none of their supporters are subjected to the disgusting indifference and neglect we endured last night.

I for one will NEVER go back to that god forsaken shithole again.

PBFC

PAT BUTCHER FAN CLUB | Watching Leafe since 1993 | Voice on the PA | Retired Programme Editor | "Butcher's Bites" Column memorably described as "a poor man's Jeremy Clarkson" | Saw Garland score from the half-way line

By My Tealeafe29/4/2015 11:14Wed Apr 29 11:14:24 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2585

I wrote to the club and copied in the Ryman league
"Dear Sir,

I attended last night's play off semi final match between Folkstone Invicta and Whyteleafe as a Whyteleafe supporter and was appalled at the lack of stewarding that prevailed on the night. Young kids of 14/15 led by a 40 something skinhead were allowed to “get in the faces” of the ‘Leafe supporters and hurl abuse, beer and other unspecified liquids at the traveling fans. The stewards at one stage turned their backs on the supporters to watch the match and seemed content to let it all kick-off behind them. As I had paid my £9, I would have liked to have watched the match myself rather than have a bunch of violent kids pushing and shoving me throughout the match.

You knew this would happen, it happened last year, it will happen again on Saturday, so why was it allowed to happen last night? Your own forum was full of calls to intimidate and “get in the face” of the traveling support. I notice a news photographer was present and taking photographs of last night’s match and she also turned to photograph the crowd, I can assist you in identifying the ringleader of this group, though as your stewarding and access controls are so poor, I can’t see how this would help you.

Your stewarding is appalling and it retrospect I should have called the police as this type of behaviour is totally unacceptable.

A few of your true fans came up to us after the match to apologise for the behaviour of a few of their fans and explained they only come to cause trouble.

This warning is to enable you to address your problem before Saturday’s Final with Merstham, If you choose to ignore it, you could have blood on your hands if the Merstham fans are less restrained than Whyteleafe’s were last night.

Yours sincerely

Tim Deadman MIEE
"

By My Tealeafe29/4/2015 13:46Wed Apr 29 13:46:21 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2441

All Farmie's fault according to the knobhead called "Padd" on their forum....

By padd29/4/2015 17:41Wed Apr 29 17:41:22 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2532

So i've said because of Lee Farmie that a group of morans who are no way connected to FIFC gave you hostile treatment at Cheriton toad last night???? i would love to know where and when i said that. Any fan of any club will dispise their club being called "scum of the earth" over one incident that every single FIFC fan is disgusted with. The way you are going on about it every club around the world that has had trouble ever is scum of the earth now. Before we was placed in the M25 league we use to get nasty incidences at places like Kings Lynn and Kettering like being spat at and all else and we never see any club as scum of the earth. You all seem to know me well enough to call me a knobhead i see and none of you took up the invitation to email me to discuss it instead just resorting to your slagging off under alias's.
Just to let you know for whatever time this is now YES what happend last night is totally unacceptable and the club need to answer that. None of us know what guidelines if any where given by the league just the fact before the game we where advised by the chairman that security had been hired. Going around on forums hiding under childish alias's slagging people off who where nothing to do with the trouble and name calling is not the way to do it. And with regards to Mr Farmie. He made a twonk of himself a few years ago about something he knew absolutly nothing about hence he earned his status. Still as none of you have taken up the offer to email me direct to discuss it i dont expect a response to this either i'm in London tomorrow and am happy to meet anyone if they think they still know me well enough to call me a knobhead.

By Johnny Moatside30/4/2015 17:39Thu Apr 30 17:39:17 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2159

I can assure you that a list of guidelines by the Ryman League were sent to all clubs involved in the play-offs.

By Lee Farmie (WhyteleafeFC)29/4/2015 18:00Wed Apr 29 18:00:38 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2417

Illiterate knobhead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

By padd29/4/2015 18:31Wed Apr 29 18:31:00 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2378

Typical one line response i expected. If you took the silver spoon out of your mouth your vocabulary might extend beyond "knobhead"

Edited by padd at 18:31:27 on 29th April 2015

By My Tealeafe30/4/2015 00:34Thu Apr 30 00:34:33 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2311

Okay, I've been away doing grown up things for a few hours, but let me ask you this Padd-knob.

If you spent 9 quid on an evenings entertainment, say a night at the theatre (that's a building that has a raised platform called a stage and actors tell a story on it), or say an opera (as above but with tunes), and during the course of this entertainment, a bunch of pre pubescent dick heads shouted in your face, calling you a c*nt, threw beer and other fluids at you, pushed you, jostled you and generally did their best to upset you, would you think?:
A) That was £9 well spent, or
B) I'll never go there again.

You see what I'm saying Mr Padd, or perhaps I haven't dumbed it down enough for you, if the answer is A, You're a knob,
if the answer is B, you would not defend the idiots who perpetrated this travesty. By doing so, guess what? You're a knob.
Your invitation to meet up in London is surprisingly attractive, maybe because I'm 6'2" and 18 stone and could beat the shit out of you if I so wished, however, I've had enough of violence from your lot for one week so I will decline. I'm also a grown up tax paying adult and the "meet behind the bikesheds for a scrap" mentality left me 40 years ago. My next dealings with your ultras will be to contribute towards their benefits for the next 60 years or if they get a job, I will be telling them "yes, I would like fries with that" Your continued defense of them and balme shift to Farmie (who like you wasn't even there) behooves you not. Time to do as your compatriots on your own forum have suggested and wind in your neck.

Incidentally, I have e-mailed you and called you a knob.
Tim

By Pat Butcher Fan Club29/4/2015 18:57Wed Apr 29 18:57:32 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2363

Just stop digging man and also stop twisting words, both here and on your own Forum.

You weren't there, you didn't face the extreme behaviour we had to endure last night and you didn't witness the complete incompetance of the so-called Stewards, or the complete indifference displayed by your club officials.

The problem was known to Folkestone FC, even flagged up on your Forum by the instigators long before the game and you all chose to ignore it.

Prepare to face the consequences. Run along now...... thank you.

Mark

By Lee Farmie (WhyteleafeFC)29/4/2015 20:02Wed Apr 29 20:02:34 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2300

OK sorry Mark. That's told me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Cougar Magnet | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe

By TimB29/4/2015 20:29Wed Apr 29 20:29:33 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2273

Farmie, I think PBFC was aiming that post at our Folkestone friend.

On our way,
We're on our way,
To the Premier,
We're on our way,
When do we get there?
I don't know,
How do we get there?
I don't care,
All I know is Whyteleafe's on their way!

By My Tealeafe29/4/2015 14:37Wed Apr 29 14:37:14 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2557

I posted a comment in their local rag after the match report
" Reports of this match should not gloss over the disgusting scenes witnessed at this match. A section of Folkstone fans intimidated and harassed the visiting fans to such an extent that many have vowed never to return to this club, both sets of supporters have active forums and these can be accesses here
http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/whyteleafe/thread/6601
and here
http://fifc.proboards.com/thread/2979/last-night-disgrace

Anyone associated with Folkstone football club should hang their head in shame at the goings on last night. I attended both West Ham and Chelsea matches in the 70s, and never have I seen such scenes at a football match."

By Jonathan37210/6/2020 12:48Wed Jun 10 12:48:49 2020In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 359

There are always a few things which coaches did not tell you because they are masters of the game and they want you to learn it on yourself. The topresume.com review can do the interview of these coaches so players can understand.

By Leafe van Cleef29/4/2015 15:19Wed Apr 29 15:19:46 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2473

To be honest, I'd imagine the wannabe firm last night would take comments like that to be a badge of honour. Mission accomplished and all that.

That's if they can read of course, which is probably a long shot!

By Kason39926/1/2020 07:43Sun Jan 26 07:43:24 2020In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 432

Bad and good people you can find at the same place and it is your work to take care of them all. I do a lot of work with edusson review and they every time explain to me the same thing as I do you right now.

Edited by Kason399 at 07:44:04 on 26th January 2020

Folkestone Forum

By Pat Butcher Fan Club29/4/2015 17:37Wed Apr 29 17:37:28 2015In response to Re: Scum of the EarthTop of thread

Views: 2765

I am not inclined to sign-up and chip in there but I think the Leafe contributions are well judged and fair and plenty of Folkestone supporters accept that our night was ruined, their club was let down and something needs to be done for Saturday's Final and days/evenings to come.

The contributor "Padd" is making a complete arse of himself, trying to defend the indefensible, especially as he was 300 miles away at the time. Drop it.

A few things to clear up:

"Scum of the earth" refers to the feral lowlifes who spoilt the occassion and in particular their ringleaders of an age that should know better.

I did describe Folkestone FC as "that Godforsaken s***hole" whilst still in a pretty emotional state this morning. I do accept that it is a club full of good people and we have had some memorable games in years past.

The silence from Folkestone FC officials is deafening and this is totally unacceptable.

Such scenes would NOT have been allowed to happen at Church Road. Board members, Leafe supporters and of course the Police would have sorted it out pronto, from the moment the problem became apparent.

PBFC

So Sad

By MrsK (MrsK-2)29/4/2015 21:16Wed Apr 29 21:16:39 2015In response to Folkestone ForumTop of thread

Views: 2364

I was so sad at the way things happened yesterday evening.

It is the first time I have ever felt threatened at a match involving Whyteleafe, well any football match actually-including Chelsea in the 80s.

In the 2nd half I got my coat, bag and skirt covered in beer for just being there as part of the Whyteleafe supporters. On this occasion a steward did come into the crowd and eventually persuade the "louts" to move.

Later they seemed to go out of the ground into the car park via the far end of the ground, only to return at some point loaded with beer again. Many of them looked far too young to be over 18.

In the 2nd part of extra time there was again an issue and this time no stewards - WHY when there had been an issue earlier was there no one there?

Again, I got covered in Beer - and it was all very intimidating, and there was no way of concentrating on the vital last few minutes of the game.

I think had the older man in the light top not been there the kids would probably not have gone so far. That moron does not belong at any level of football and should be banned.

I did appreciate the Folkestone fans apologising, and can, to a certain extent, understand why they didn't want to get involved. They were not to know that Leafe supporters wouldn't suddenly loose control at the provocation and threat especially if they saw more Folkestone fans moving in and getting involved.

Lets hope something is done before Saturday, as Merstham seem to have more teenage fans than us (if they travel to away games) who may not be able to show so much restraint.

Re: So Sad

By Johnny Moatside30/4/2015 17:45Thu Apr 30 17:45:24 2015In response to So SadTop of thread

Views: 2141

I suggest you put in a bill to Folkestone for the cleaning of your clothes

By Pat Butcher Fan Club30/4/2015 10:35Thu Apr 30 10:35:09 2015In response to So SadTop of thread

Views: 2292

That's a great post Christine and sums up the unchartered waters we found ourselves in.

I too was genuinely shaken and very uncertain as to how it was going to end. A full on ruck seemed inevitable as the final whistle approached and I was looking for somewhere to hide my glasses!

The abiding memory will be standing there taking abuse and venom from a bunch of savages, the game a virtual irrelevance by then, wondering why no-one was coming to help?

How could Folkestone's Directors, Committee or loyal supporters just let it carry on unabated when it was quite clear we were the faithful Leafe support, only there to cheer on and sing for our team?

I'm still disgusted by the whole episode and the fact that no-one of Folkestone persuasion seemed to give a toss for our safety. It shames their whole club if they like it or not.

Saturday's Final is a win-win for us now though. If Folkestone go up we don't have to go there next term (or miss a game in my case) and if they lose we can (almost) wet ourselves laughing. I shall be watching it on Twitter with interest.

Mark

By Clive (T LEAFE)29/4/2015 22:43Wed Apr 29 22:43:28 2015In response to So SadTop of thread

Views: 2286

Well said Christine.

I'm ashamed to think that we should have been looking after you more than we did at the time. Non of us are really "experienced" in this situation but I have belatedly realised that we may not have protected you and others enough.
I did not realise you too were subject to the abuse of beer throwing . These people should be ashamed of themselves as human beings.
It was a non league football match for goodness sake.

By finbarr_in_z29/4/2015 22:12Wed Apr 29 22:12:48 2015In response to So SadTop of thread

Views: 2321

Invicta fan here in peace (as many of us would).

Plenty of discussion on our forum about the entire situation, as many of you have seen, and contrubuted. http://fifc.proboards.com/board/3/first-team-general-chat-news

As you can tell, all of us are deeply saddened by what happened, and hopefully lessons learned. "Sorry" isn't good enough, but it's all we have at the moment. If we stay in R1S you can be sure that those involved wouldn't be at a normal league game, and hopefully rid of them should a 'big' game come along.

The delay in a statement by the board is somewhat disappointing. Possibly as all of them are working people, the discussions / decisions are probably being made this evening. We shall see.

Not much more that I can add, but all of us actively involved in the club (unfortunately me from afar) will do our best to put things right.

By Bruce leafe30/4/2015 22:08Thu Apr 30 22:08:10 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2188

Thanks for coming on Finbar. I think most of us realise that 99% of real FIFC fans were there to support the team. I had several good chats with people after the game and they were very apologetic afterwards. Even tho im not sure they could have done anything.

The chairman etc seemed to think they had all bases covered after last years episode with Leatherhead, but alas the stewarding was lack luster and not to standard. Very little English spoken by the one steward . His only advise was to stop singing!!!!

In the boardroom after they basicaaly admitted there was little used seaching the kids for booze as they just hand it over the fence from the cricket club having purchased it in the supermarket. surelt steward posted along the boundary ( no pun intended) would stop this!!!

Hope Saturday passes off peacefully and the lessons havebeen learned.

For me it was spoiled as i missed the last half of extra time trying to keep unruly youths from getting thru, along with a folkstone fan who was genuinely concerned, as a steward stood not 2 meters away and did nothing.

If the police had been called, I think there could be serious questions asked about underage drinking in licensed premises , whether they purchased it in the ground or not, and FIFCs license could be taken away and that would seriously affect an income stream.

Again thank you for coming on and expressing the real fans view.

By TimB1/5/2015 08:14Fri May 1 08:14:51 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2174

A real shame, for someone who has supported the club since the early 80's had to miss extra time in the biggest league game in Whyteleafe's history.

I'll hopefully see you at the beer festival for a pint and don't worry I won't be smuggling my own beer in.

On our way,
We're on our way,
To the Premier,
We're on our way,
When do we get there?
I don't know,
How do we get there?
I don't care,

By My Tealeafe30/4/2015 18:31Thu Apr 30 18:31:09 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2111

Finbar, well said, in the heat of the moment I may have gone a bit far in some of my criticism of the fans, okay, they didn't step in, but were probably as frightened as we were. But my criticism of the CLUB still stands, I wrote and offered to identify the 40 year old who seems attracted to pre pubescent boys company, and they have failed to reply to my letter. There MUST be photographs of the crowd trouble, I saw the lady photographer take some, she was pitchside so it shouldn't be too difficult to find out who she is and request copies. If I were the club, I would want to know who this individual is so I could stop him coming in, but the head-in-the-sand philosophy is strong down on the coast.
I may have misconstrued Padd's invitation to come to meet him in London as an offer of fisticuffs, but on re-reading it could well be that he just wanted to talk it through, if that is the case and I was wrong, I apologise to Mr Padd.
I still hope you get stuffed by Merstham on Saturday but I genuinely hope no one gets hurt just because of the colour of their scarf.
My offer still stands to the club, I will identify this individual for them if they can let me know where the photos are. I'm not holding my breath but will likewise offer this to the Police should they become involved

By Leafey Lion29/4/2015 23:37Wed Apr 29 23:37:42 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2237

finbarr_in_z,

Thanks for this, I think you have hit the nail on the head regarding the disappointment of no official response. All the genuine FI fans we met on the night were great. We all know the morons are nothing to do with the club.

But for your chairman to speak to the local press and play the incident down yet not acknowledge to us that lessons need to be learnt, strikes me as a cover up. Please remind him that the Internet makes that information available to us all.

All who were there, Folkestone and Whyteleafe, know what happened. Club officials denying it in any way makes them look like incompetent fools. yes, problems occur and mistakes can be made. We are all measured by how we respond to those situations. In that regard, FIFC officials have been found sadly wanting, still.

Happy to read on the official website that tonight's quiz was a success, though.

By TimB30/4/2015 12:53Thu Apr 30 12:53:42 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2240

An article by our very own Tim A -

www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/sport/football/12919641.Football__Fowler_s_praise_for_the_Whyteleafe_faithful/

On our way,
We're on our way,
To the Premier,
We're on our way,
When do we get there?
I don't know,
How do we get there?
I don't care,

By finbarr_in_z30/4/2015 22:28Thu Apr 30 22:28:53 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2182

You might be interested in this:-

http://folkestoneinvictafc.co.uk/news/767

Obviously our first effort at stewarding for the semi didn't work. We have very little experience of all of this - looks like we didn't get this one right first time. Hopefully it'll work out fine this time.

I think the delay in response was driven by the board members (fans like all of us, believe me) sorting out things for Saturday & then getting together to discuss the official response.

The main website is sorted out, again, by fans who I beleive have a relative free reign on content of the website (that's led to a few, er, 'one sided' match reports), but when it comes to the more serious stuff, eg when we entered the CVA, there needs to be the official nod from those at the top.

Hopefully we'll identify the culprits. I believe the older chap is known to many people round the town. Things like this don't happen quickly.

Best wishes for next season.

By Leafey Lion30/4/2015 23:30Thu Apr 30 23:30:19 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2085

So he now releases a statement that implies that we were also to blame. And still no apology. Sorry, this is not the behaviour of a genuine fan. This is desperate damage limitation by a worried man.

As most of us have said all along, the Folkestone fans we met were without exception good people, many of whom expressed their regret and embarrassment at events. The idiots who caused all the grief are beneath contempt but the total lack of respect and compassion from FIFC officials is appalling, regardless of the pressure they may be under.

Hope Saturday passes without incident and I have no plans to boycott your ground should we play next season. You'll understand if I wear a head cam, though.

By Pat Butcher Fan Club1/5/2015 00:15Fri May 1 00:15:01 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2191

That "News" is an absolute travesty. Far from the apology expected we are even being implicated:

"Incidents that occurred particularly after the final whistle in Tuesday’s semi-final victory over Whyteleafe involving visiting supporters and others supposedly supporting Folkestone"

FFS

"After the final whistle" the Folkestone scumbags headed off saying "Let's do them in the fu**ing car park". The incidents were actually for the majority of the 2nd half and incessantly during the 2nd half of extra-time.

"Involving" - Yes rather like a mugger involves the victim whose bag he is stealing.

"and others supposedly supporting Folkestone" - Well they were singing for your club when they weren't baiting us snarling *un* in our faces or throwing beer and urine over us.

I knew this whitewash was coming. Chairman Mao is trying, very badly, to paint the picture that it was two rival gangs having a row. Well it wasn't, one was a set of visiting supporters, including women, seniors and youngsters, simply there to cheer on and sing for the team as we have all season - to considerable praise and with a healthy respect at every ground, except yours.

This needs to go far higher than an individual in complete denial of events or his own responsibilities.

Edited by Pat Butcher Fan Club at 00:53:20 on 1st May 2015

By Clive (T LEAFE)1/5/2015 13:53Fri May 1 13:53:36 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2025

they have since withdrawn this ridiculous statement.

By My Tealeafe1/5/2015 14:24Fri May 1 14:24:31 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2037

Oh good, I popped back on to their message boards and told them it was ridiculous and possibly litigious....

By MrsK (MrsK-2)1/5/2015 11:36Fri May 1 11:36:34 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2114

I am not aware of any incidents after the match - All the Folkestone people seemed to leave and it was only Whyteleafe in the bar.

All the Folkestone actual fans I saw at the end of the match were like us appalled at what had happened and very friendly as they left.

The issues were during the match and not instigated by Whyteleafe fans.

What are Folkestone talking about? Is it the fact that people tried to complain to their officials and were turned away from the entrance to the boardroom?

Yes some of us went and asked the Security people why they had not intervened in the second period of extra time - only to find that they said they didn't speak English, or, the one that did could not be easily understood.

The Security people did not appear to understand that singing is part of supporting, and, that screaming abuse in peoples faces is not. Proper Stewards that understand football would have intervened much earlier in the 2nd half and hopefully nothing further would have occurred. Hopefully the more experienced security for Saturday will be sufficient.

By My Tealeafe1/5/2015 11:57Fri May 1 11:57:38 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2036

Am I the only one who has written to the club and if not, has anyone yet received a reply?

By Lee Farmie (WhyteleafeFC)1/5/2015 12:07Fri May 1 12:07:07 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2086

Tim, the Club (WFC) has literally just written in a formal capacity to FIFC and this includes yours and other accounts of the goings on on Tuesday.

Folkestone have the challenge of getting everything right tomorrow for their match with Merstham - the eyes of the world (not least ours) will be upon them. Let's give them a few days grace to deal with this as I'd rather they dealt with tomorrow properly than came back to us quickly.

By My Tealeafe1/5/2015 13:13Fri May 1 13:13:30 2015In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 2070

Fair play,

Thanks

By Kash73722/3/2020 12:57Sun Mar 22 12:57:39 2020In response to Re: So SadTop of thread

Views: 387

Well, there are some rules which players need to follow if they want to continue in this event. The https://essay-reviewer.com/essaylab-org-review/ can help in it and tell what are those really are and how you follow it.

Previous thread: Top 10 Furniture company in UAE by bamboowoodworks27/11/2020 07:21Fri Nov 27 07:21:13 2020view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.