THE WHYTELEAFE FC SUPPORTERS' DISCUSSION FORUM

WHYTELEAFE FC HOMEPAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC FACEBOOK PAGE | WHYTELEAFE FC TWITTER

NOTE: All postings from persons calling themselves "Anonymous", "anon" or similar will be deleted

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Best Business Branding Company in UK by Julia65Yesterday 17:39Yesterday at 17:39:22view thread

Oldest article: New grounds 2014/15 by Lee Farmie22/5/2014 12:36Thu May 22 12:36:46 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: How can I easily find a good dating website? by Julia6513/10 19:14Wed Oct 13 19:14:26 2021view thread

Frog Music by Emma Donoghue

By fenceemmy12/8/2019 10:41Mon Aug 12 10:41:04 2019

Views: 323

Irish-born author Emma Donoghue returns to historical fiction with her first novel since the 2010 runaway bestseller Room. Frog Music was inspired by a real-life unsolved murder in 1876 San Francisco, a good three decades after the Gold Rush. Cross-dressing Jenny, a voice of surprising common sense amid the wild culture of the time, was shot in cold blood at her friend Blanche’s house, and the murderer was never found.

It is evident that history is the star of this show. Blanche, a French dancer who supports her boyfriend, injured trapeze artist Arthur, by imaginative prostitution, gets in over her head when she invests in a block of apartments and finds herself unable to stay on top of the wave. When her child, whom she had imagined to be safe and cared for outside her life, surfaces in trouble, suddenly a more respectable life begins to exert its appeal.

Jenny makes a living by catching frogs to meet the considerable local restaurant traffic’s high demand, and she and Blanche cement their new friendship during expeditions out into the swamps and streams of the backcountry. Or do the two only know each other for a few hours before disaster strikes? The story is never quite clear, but the reader who is willing to live with ambiguity will find this book endlessly intriguing. Donoghue brings the setting, a smallpox-stricken summer, almost too vividly to life: The unwilling but fascinated reader will be transfixed by her descriptions of the disease’s “opalescent slime” and “dimpled red pearls . . . all across what used to be his lovely face.” References to some 30 songs of the time, many of them familiar (“How Can I Keep From Singing?” “Somebody’s Darlin’”) add to its period allure.

The French (“Frog”) connection may be strong, but this engrossing, truth-bending story is all American. You’ll find yourself enraptured by the intricate plot developments that will keep you revising your version of the action from one hour to the next. Download temple run 2 full version,

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Frog Music by Emma Donoghue

By Stephen4614/10 07:03Thu Oct 14 07:03:27 2021In response to Frog Music by Emma DonoghueTop of thread

Views: 59

Enjoyed reading the article above , really explains everything in detail, the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles.

IndigoCard Login

Edited by Stephen46 at 04:48:53 on 18th October 2021

By play solitaire (playsolitaireaz)24/5 09:44Mon May 24 09:44:12 2021In response to Frog Music by Emma DonoghueTop of thread

Views: 135

I should express that I like this article so a ton and moreover using it in regular. I believe you would continue sharing better than average articles here.
play solitaire

1 person likes this 1 person

By David_Adams2/9 12:45Thu Sep 2 12:45:02 2021In response to Re: Frog Music by Emma DonoghueTop of thread

Views: 69

I am glad to welcome everyone! I'm going on a trip to the mountains and I had to download a lot of music to my phone so that I could listen to it without an internet connection. On this download lagu mp3 I was able to find all the music I needed and download it easily! Now I can not worry about the fact that I will be left without music during the trip!

By fallyjonash30/1/2020 00:00Thu Jan 30 00:00:47 2020In response to Frog Music by Emma DonoghueTop of thread

Views: 273

Wise highlighting non-binary authors of speculative fiction and recommending a starting place for their work.
Cat Ninja
Run 4

Edited by fallyjonash at 00:02:13 on 30th January 2020

By MernaR24/5 12:16Mon May 24 12:16:05 2021In response to Re: Frog Music by Emma DonoghueTop of thread

Views: 115

Interesting skills of writing you have and these are valuable to all. I’m sure various people found the update quite useful and able to write my assignment UK online as well. I would like to share the stuff with my friends hope they like it as well.

Edited by MernaR at 12:17:16 on 24th May 2021

Previous thread: Technology by Salman13/10 17:26Wed Oct 13 17:26:08 2021view thread

Follow us on Twitter @WhyteleafeFC. Visit the Twitter page for the full picture.