Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Mickleover by almost average 226/4 20:11Fri Apr 26 20:11:29 2024view thread

Oldest article: Cam McWilliams by MJNB8/1 21:11Mon Jan 8 21:11:02 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FAO danborofc by Bo Montrode10/3 11:55Sun Mar 10 11:55:48 2024view thread

CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATE

By From Town To Town10/3 11:56Sun Mar 10 11:56:36 2024

Views: 517

CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATE:

The 2018 to 2024 Ebook is now available to download from the 'Eras' section of our website - www.fromtowntotown.org.uk

Our lead researcher, John Hobson, has been working around the clock to bring our comprehensive club history right up to date.

This period of the Club's history epitomises the highs and lows that the club has experienced over the last 135 years.

Overwhelming fan power sways the football authorities to allow the club to revert to it's much loved former name of Nuneaton Borough.

The club struggles on the pitch and then a global pandemic changes the world beyond recognition.

From flirting with relegation, to being a penalty kick away from promotion and then, the all too familiar tale of debts bringing about the tragic end of Nuneaton Borough FC.

After 135 years, is this THE END or just the beginning?

IS THE STORY TO CONTINUE?
The Nuneaton Borough Supporters Co-operative have rallied a dedicated group of Boro supporters to try and establish a new team in the town.

They have an open meeting on Wednesday 13th March at The Pavilion Club in Ansley Road (The Piv) starting at 7pm.

With the help and support of the local community can they succeed...........

From Town To Town - Nuneaton's Footballing Heritage

Facebook: /FromTown2Town
Twitter: @FromTown2Town
Email: [email protected]

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Re: CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATE

By 70s Stalwart (v2)10/3 14:58Sun Mar 10 14:58:07 2024In response to CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 379

Great work. I frequently refer to the 1970’s editions for a walk down memory lane.

By bert's dad10/3 16:25Sun Mar 10 16:25:57 2024In response to Re: CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 328

You could certainly work out what you were doing on Saturdays and Mondays.

By Bo Montrode10/3 15:13Sun Mar 10 15:13:47 2024In response to Re: CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 356

Stuff - the long Winter evenings must simply fly by in your house!

By mark-nbfc10/3 11:58Sun Mar 10 11:58:42 2024In response to CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 463

Great work by John and all involved. A project to be proud of!

Looking forward to the project name being updated to FTFTFT

---
Hope is not a plan.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Vernon210/3 13:26Sun Mar 10 13:26:32 2024In response to Re: CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 419

It is really a great effort for posterity and well done everyone. But,in my honest opinion,I reckon that full-time should be called on the past incarnations and let this new club have their time.

We were warned,but did it anyway.

By mark-nbfc10/3 14:10Sun Mar 10 14:10:30 2024In response to Re: CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 381

Every iteration has had their time, and there is a connecting thread between the new club being created and the previous one.

---
Hope is not a plan.

By AlanD10/3 19:03Sun Mar 10 19:03:48 2024In response to Re: CLUB HISTORY BROUGHT RIGHT UP TO DATETop of thread

Views: 283

Never ignore your history, it’s who you are. When BuryFC were thrown out of the EFL with debts of, allegedly, £12,000,000, I thought that’s it, it’s the end. From 1885 to now, it’s all over, 60 years of following the club, home and away, punching above our weight for most of that time, all for nothing.
Well it’s not, we formed a phoenix, we’re back at Gigg Lane, yes we are only in tier 5, but we are on a journey, visiting clubs we, in truth, never new existed, but being welcomed as we start a journey that may take us back to the EFL, but may not, and to be honest I don’t care.
We have our club back, and at my time of lifetime I’m unlikely to see us in the EFL anyway
We are now a fan owned community club with an artificial pitch to be installed in the summer and I’m loving our non league journey.
Get behind your new club, get the town behind it, and move forward, but never give up on who you were.

5 people like this 5 people

Previous thread: Polite request by BoroNotBoro10/3 17:01Sun Mar 10 17:01:35 2024view thread