Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John BlairYesterday 20:12Yesterday at 20:12:00view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Met Police by scouser25/11/2018 11:31Sun Nov 25 11:31:39 2018view thread

Don't give up

By If in doubt21/11/2018 10:06Wed Nov 21 10:06:12 2018

Views: 983

A cold wet night , and another defeat this time at the hands of kings Langley.
You'd be forgiven for thinking the season is only going one way and Staines will not be able to lift themselves out from the bottom .
But last night showed the one big thing missing from Eason men's ..LUCK.
They played some great stuff at times creating a host of good chances with good possession , and after the final whistle , I was left scratching my head wondering how on earth did we lose 0-2???
Yes the 1st goal the defence fell asleep , and please let's not talk about the second.
However the team looks so much better in recent weeks , but have nothing much to show for it, one thing about luck is sooner or later it will change. Fortune's will have to change and soon !!
Next up, away to the Met Police , after that is Dorchester and Frome 9 points up for grabs we need 6 at least !! Eason has to rally his troops and keep them going . message is Don't Give Up Come on you Swan's !!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Don't give up

By scouser21/11/2018 15:08Wed Nov 21 15:08:11 2018In response to Don't give up Top of thread

Views: 924

Totally agree with Devon swan, yes we can play reasonable football, but it has to be consistent and we are far from that. Last night we could not keep the ball, our pass rate was dismal and we continued to try and use long balls out to the wings that were to easy for the opposition to cut out. We can do better and have done. The team has to believe in themselves and play accurate passing football, move into space and play to feet, we have not got the speed up front to play the long ball to chase. It is still not to late but we really must be winning, I don't think draws will help us much so we have to win.

By Beastman1900 (Swandico)21/11/2018 16:01Wed Nov 21 16:01:07 2018In response to Re: Don't give up Top of thread

Views: 901

Agree with everything being said , I just though Kings Langley were bang average themselves. Yes we were not fantastic but didn't feel we deserved to lose ?

By Dave_LW22/11/2018 00:11Thu Nov 22 00:11:28 2018In response to Re: Don't give up Top of thread

Views: 877

Kings Langley was the 4th time I've seen Staines this season and yet to see them score a goal. This was the best performance of the 4 by far but, from a very low baseline.

Tried to play some nice stuff at times but never really looked like scoring and as soon as the first goal went in the rest was inevitable. The second goal - well the defence just went to sleep. The only chance Staines had of scoring was from a set play but KL were well marshalled at the back, their captain (no4 Johnson) was superb,

KL deserved their win but were certainly not a particularly good side. The standard this season is well below that of last in the Isthmian. I wonder if the standards have dropped owing to the extra teams at step 3 level (due to extra division) and the general dilution of the standard as a result.

By DevonSwan21/11/2018 19:10Wed Nov 21 19:10:02 2018In response to Re: Don't give up Top of thread

Views: 863

I think the depressing thing is that all the teams that I've seen in this League have been really average. No one has really impressed me and I think that had we still been in the Isthmian League we would have struggled even more - definitely a better standard for me.

By DevonSwan21/11/2018 13:31Wed Nov 21 13:31:42 2018In response to Don't give up Top of thread

Views: 891

Well 'If In Doubt' we have played some decent stuff all season but unfortunately that does not earn you any points. Reality is that we have 25 games to go and probably need another 35 points to stand a chance of avoiding relegation; so we need to win about half of those games. Seeing as we've only got 9 points from the first 17 I think we need a miracle. The damage was done pre season unfortunately and much as I'd love to be proved wrong I just can't see that miracle happening. But, as they say, it's a funny old game. Come On You Swans!

By Norm22/11/2018 17:42Thu Nov 22 17:42:38 2018In response to Re: Don't give up Top of thread

Views: 827

Seeing the results from afar (seen only 2 games since 1/9/18) confirms what the majority of supporters thought after the first friendly back in July. Sadly , despite supporters expressing these views to the new owners at the 2 meetings these concerns were ignored.I in fact spoke to Joe in early August about needing experienced manager/players and said that we were just not up to the level needed.He assured me we would not be relegated.

Let’s see if again he gets it wrong.

Best wishes to all

Norm

Previous thread: Wimborne Away by DevonSwan18/11/2018 10:13Sun Nov 18 10:13:54 2018view thread