Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Am I right in saying… by John Blair23/4 20:12Tue Apr 23 20:12:00 2024view thread

Oldest article: ''ships in the night '' by Andrew6726/2/2014 10:25Wed Feb 26 10:25:34 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: met police by Norm22/2/2019 11:37Fri Feb 22 11:37:53 2019view thread

Wishes

By Norm7/2/2019 19:52Thu Feb 7 19:52:14 2019

Views: 1336

Just wish that the club would keep us informed about what was the going on on the football side of the club as they have done on the legal side.

Was the recent article in the Non league paper correct,who is the manager,are the youngsters not being reimbursed for their travel expenses, down to one evenings training a week ( no wonder we are giving away so many goals in the last 20 minutes) etc. Why is the website so crap, Are they having the monthly meetings with the match day volunteers they told us about at the open meetings in August/September.
If they did not have funds to put out a competitive team this season where are they going to find the money to support a team at a lower level. next season.

Where is the encouragement from the current owner (s) to supporters to continue their loyalty to the club..

I quite expect to take stick from one or two supporters but surely these are questions that all supporters would like answers to.
Best wishes to all
Norm

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Wishes

By scouser7/2/2019 21:21Thu Feb 7 21:21:28 2019In response to WishesTop of thread

Views: 1224

Norm, there are lots of questions about the club to be answered, but as i said in a previous message i believe now is not the time to ask or make assumptions. I belive the whole lot is in the courts soon so lets leave till that is done and then we should know exactly were we stand.

By Norm7/2/2019 23:17Thu Feb 7 23:17:24 2019In response to Re: WishesTop of thread

Views: 1195

i understand and respect where you are coming from and I do not wish to talk about the legal side.

What I wish to talk about is the football side and communication between the club owners and supporters.As supporters we should be proactive and make our thoughts known after all in the end it may be down to us to keep STFC in existance.

Supporters have many talents ex-players ,ex financial guys , ex -administrators , all people who have talents that should be tapped into to help the club move forward. I also talked to a guy, a couple of months ago, on the terrace who is a regular supporter who had offered to put £10,000 into the club .May be there are other supporters who could put money into the club.

You may disagree with me ,which I totally understand, however as I see things, the problem was that the new owners did not appreciate the funding required to put together a competative team at this level, despite knowing when they took over the club the budget for the 12017/18 season, which saw us 12 months ago fighting, for a play off position. If they did not have the funds to finance the first season how will they ever have the funds to support a team in the furure.
Surely as supporters we should have a say in how he club moves forward, and the owners should also respect the loyalty shown by supporters during these difficult times by keeping them informed of how matters related to players,managers, coaches etc.are progressing.
I do not wish to upset you scouser as I know you work very hard for the club but in the end it may be down t us supporters to ensure that the club survives the current problems.

Best wishes Norm

Edited by Norm at 23:21:10 on 7th February 2019

2 people like this 2 people   

By scouser8/2/2019 14:30Fri Feb 8 14:30:23 2019In response to Re: WishesTop of thread

Views: 1162

Yes your questions need answers, but can you not understand that with this court case pending the owner/owners are not in a position to give you any answers. I believe I am right in saying that when the court case is over then there will be a supporters meeting and then you should get the answers to your questions.

By John Blair8/2/2019 15:32Fri Feb 8 15:32:58 2019In response to Re: WishesTop of thread

Views: 1296

There are a lot of questions to be answered , which will undoubtedly be answered after the pending court case, and like Scouser - i agree that there is a lot of things that can't be discussed until after that.

What is apparent is that we are staring relegation in the face , and without some stability off the field and injection of funds we could continue to struggle next season.

A supporter mentioned at Kings Langley the other week that they had been told that we were only training one evening a week now but i don't know if that is correct.
Maybe Steve Parsons would know more ?

As far as players all playing for free , and academy players not being re-imbursed for their travel expenses i do not believe that that is true.
It is no secret that our budget is lower than it used to be , but i do not believe for one minute that our budget is Zero.

Edited by John Blair at 15:33:30 on 8th February 2019
Edited by John Blair at 17:26:27 on 8th February 2019

Previous thread: Club Statement by V W Swan4/2/2019 17:32Mon Feb 4 17:32:50 2019view thread