Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererYesterday 13:00Yesterday at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0 by Terry16/4/2019 23:58Tue Apr 16 23:58:24 2019view thread

The 4 Players l Would Release.

By Terry13/4/2019 21:27Sat Apr 13 21:27:35 2019

Views: 787

This is my personal view and in no way reflects the clubs descsions.
But the 4 players l would release would be
Micheal Bryan
Hafed Al Duoubi
Lewis Cole
Ryan Moss

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The 4 Players l Would Release.

By geemickey14/4/2019 09:12Sun Apr 14 09:12:28 2019In response to The 4 Players l Would Release.Top of thread

Views: 772

Have you finally gone crazy Terry ? !!!!!

By Terry14/4/2019 10:51Sun Apr 14 10:51:18 2019In response to Re: The 4 Players l Would Release.Top of thread

Views: 758

No not all Geemickey.An Honest opinion
Lewis and Micheal are talented players but Lack consistany arent strong enough on the ball dont score virtually any goals and dont get stuck in enough when they havent got the ball.
Hafed doesnt command the area well enough a number of times he hasnt dealt with corners that have resulted in goals as we saw yesterday.
Ryan Moss lm sorry in my view hes in the team at the moment because hes Captain.
In some games In my opinion he hasnt been aggresive enough paticularly at Hartley Whitney and willing to take a kick or get a a Knock lm sorry being a centre forward that is part of the job.
So theres my view Geemickey those are my views no craziness why dont we have your views please.

Edited by Terry at 10:52:14 on 14th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 16:43:47 on 14th April 2019

By geemickey15/4/2019 10:30Mon Apr 15 10:30:39 2019In response to Re: The 4 Players l Would Release.Top of thread

Views: 662

I don't know the Harrow players' skills adequately but, from what little I've seen, I'd say Michael Bryan is clearly your most talented player. His would be the first name on my teamsheet.

All goalkeepers and defenders make mistakes, All strikers miss chances and have lean spells.

If you want Harrow to play like an old Third Division North team, (which I suspect you do !) you don't need the skills that Bryan offers you, which have served H.B. well for most of this successful season.

The goalkeeper is not at his best with high crosses, so get the defence to work harder to concede fewer crosses & corners.

Moss is quick and along with Ant O'Connor poses a challenge for most defences, prompted by Bryan. Relieve him of the captaincy and give the armband to a strong midfielder (Moore or McLeod ?). Let him concentrate on scoring.

At the end of it all, Borough have had a very good season, with the Brentford game to top it off, win or lose.

I've enjoyed my few visits and I believe most fans will agree they've enjoyed the season too.

Edited by geemickey at 10:31:07 on 15th April 2019

By Terry15/4/2019 19:42Mon Apr 15 19:42:29 2019In response to Re: The 4 Players l Would Release.Top of thread

Views: 670

Yes Geemickey has been a good season buts its tailed off.
If we play Like old Division 3 N side and are Successful yes Absoultely thats the way l would go.
Its all about Winning nothing else matters.
Play a Direct Game and win yes please.
Play as we have been recently slow build possesion game and get nowhere and Lose or Draw No Thanks.
Yes Micheal Bryan maybe our most gifted player agreed but his crossing far too inconsistant his free kicks arent good enough he doesnt score many goals hes not strong enough on the ball to be fair he has tracked back better recently.
Hes a top bloke l had a very good chat with him at Hartley Whitney.But this my opinion football wise not personal wise.
If we had an out and out winger who could deliver good crosses consistantly thats the way to go.
Ryan Moss not so much hes not scoring he hasnt got stuck in well against opposition defenders and what lve seen he hasnt wanted to go in and risk getting a Kick or Knock.
So l would to go for an old fashioned No.9 who can get stuck in and knows where the goal is.
I would go for new goalie l think Hafed is too vulnerable at corners as we saw 2nd goal Saturday.
As for Lewis Cole again talented player but doesnt have a big enough influence on the game and not strong enough on the ball.
35 years this week Harrow Boro won the Isthmian League with a 4-4-2
Its was simple Pearce and Duck to score the goals.
Harry Manoe going in hard and shaking his fist at a few of them.
Clevere Forde providing accurate grosses.
Steve Emmanual.A Player maker in midfield.
David Howell a rock at the back.
Mickys Tomkys great Judgement of player.
Keep it simple 4-4-2 no coaches writting jibberish down but most off all as Harry Showed Every Time He Played A Game A Fierce Dtermination to Win.So very Lacking on Saturday
Thanks for detailed reply Geemickey lm obliged.

Edited by Terry at 05:01:25 on 16th April 2019

By harrowred (RedHarrow)17/4/2019 10:14Wed Apr 17 10:14:49 2019In response to Re: The 4 Players l Would Release.Top of thread

Views: 689

I think losing any of these players would be a miss.

Michael Bryan is very good technically and at times can go missing in games but we would definitely lose a creative spark if he was gone.

Ryan Moss has lost his shooting boots recently but he has a fairly decent goal return since signing for us. Experienced at this level and I feel will always get a good amount of goals across the season.

Lewis Cole has shown good ability at this level too and I like the balance of him being left footed.

Hafed has pulled off some amazing saves this season and kept us in some games. Yes at times he may have been caught out but this can be changed with a different defensive approach. Gary Ross performed well in terms of shot stopping last night but did go short to his defenders a lot I have to say, sometimes leading to us losing the ball in our own defensive third.

If it was me, I'd try to keep the main players and improve on the squad players such as Holland, Bitmead, Odetola etc. We have had Pepera, Preddie, Oseni, Fenton and Gough at CB. Perhaps sacrificing one of them for a new attacker is something we could try.

By Terry17/4/2019 11:09Wed Apr 17 11:09:28 2019In response to Re: The 4 Players l Would Release.Top of thread

Views: 637

Hello Harrowred l respect your opinion.
Micheal Bryan for me is to inconsistent crossing wise.
His free kicks are poor.Hes not strong enough with or without the ball.
Lewis Cole the same he doesnt have enough impact on games and Like Micheal rarely scores any goals
Im sorry Hafed just doesnt deal with crosses from corners good enough and to me doesnt command his area.
Ryan Moss is a quality player l dont dispute this but is his hunger still there.
Its not just a matter of goals his challenges for the ball in some games just havent been good enough giving opposition defenders a free reign winning the ball.
Those are my reasons those 4 must go.

Edited by Terry at 11:09:50 on 17th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 11:10:21 on 17th April 2019

Previous thread: Brentford v Harrow Boro Big Match Preview by Terry15/4/2019 21:46Mon Apr 15 21:46:29 2019view thread