Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererToday 13:00Today at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: VAR+Premier League No Thanks by Terry20/8/2019 06:31Tue Aug 20 06:31:15 2019view thread

Hartley Wintney v Harrow Borough

By BRAMLEY15/8/2019 18:33Thu Aug 15 18:33:29 2019

Views: 1015

We Hartley fans are on a mission. Do not allow Terry to watch the cemetery headstones at Northwood on Saturday. Get him safely strapped into your mini-bus and heading to the Hampshire countryside.
For our part, we promise that he won't be bad mouthed and will receive a "Row Burger" as an appreciation of his attendance. :-)

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow Borough

By cappers15/8/2019 19:25Thu Aug 15 19:25:11 2019In response to Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 1075

Terry, that sounds like a fair deal. If you go, just make sure you see them prepare your "Row Burger" from start to finish just to be on the safe side.

By Terry15/8/2019 19:35Thu Aug 15 19:35:24 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 1028

Cappers and Bramley we have a problem do they do veggie burgers as l dont eat meat!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer15/8/2019 20:51Thu Aug 15 20:51:35 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 988

You lot might want him down there Bramley, . . . . but do we ? . . . . (Only kidding Terry !) :)

By Terry15/8/2019 21:06Thu Aug 15 21:06:57 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 986

Thanks for that Earlsmead Part timer.
I feel better feeling so wanted!!!
I thought l was doing well from the touchline giving some our guys the" hairdryer"
Played 2 Won 2 and after Saturday Played 3 won 3!
And yes l believe come 4.45 Saturday as they say
"We Are Top Of The League" Hopefully!!!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer15/8/2019 21:24Thu Aug 15 21:24:01 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Top of the league would be nice (although I'm sure HW will be doing their best to make sure we're not)
Have a good one at Northwood.

By Terry15/8/2019 21:48Thu Aug 15 21:48:07 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Yes Thanks Earlsmead Part timer.
Im Looking forward to going to Northwood they are a friendly club and as l understand their main stand has had an upgrade.
My policy has always been.unless Boro are playing away Locally such as Hendon etc to follow our other Local non league teams and give them support in the order of 1 Northwood 2 Afc Hayes(Brook House) 3 Rayners Lane and l wont mention Wealdstone!!!
Last season was a exceptiom as Boro going for promotion!
As Bramley was kind with his words my crtisim of Hartley Whitney ground and fans is withdrawn and may the best team win at The Row!

Re: full time HW1 HB1

By Earlsmead part-timer17/8/2019 23:37Sat Aug 17 23:37:18 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney v Harrow BoroughTop of thread

Views: 966

1-1 probably a fair result on reflection.
Didn't think we played as well as we did against Hayes. (what a difference in the two pitches!)
Ant took his goal really well, sending off correct and I guess with these new rules about hand ball the Ref has to give the penalty. (don't agree with that personally)
Still, we're unbeaten and you certainly can't fault the lads effort.
Onwards to Walton.

By cappers19/8/2019 03:47Mon Aug 19 03:47:21 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1Top of thread

Views: 867

I want to make a post about the new rules as there are one or two things I'm confused about.

Firstly, I assume the rules are the same whether matches have VAR (eg Premier League) or not (eg Southern League). So if the ball hits a player's arm from the attacking team in the build up to a goal then it will be disallowed. I understand that but don't fully agree with it. In matches without VAR, it means goals will be given when they shouldn't as it's difficult to spot the ball coming off a hand or arm sometimes but it also means that goals will be incorrectly disallowed as a ref might think he has spotted a slight touch of the hand in the build up to a goal but in fact the ball might have come off his chest or hip where of course prior to this season nothing would have been done about it because it wasn't seen as being intentional.

Can someone also clear up the handball rule concerning teams defending. So we gave away a penalty on Saturday for handball that wouldn't have been given prior to this season. So what exactly is the new rule? Surely it's not just a case of the ball hitting a defending player's arm in the box and a penalty is given as attacking teams could chip the ball onto a players arm on purpose to win a penalty. If that were the case, Watford would have won a penatly against Brighton when a free kick clearly hit a Brighton player on the arm in the penalty area when he was standing in the wall. VAR would have confirmed that it hit his arm. I thought the rule had been changed from intentional handball to having your arms in a non-natural position.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)19/8/2019 12:27Mon Aug 19 12:27:25 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1Top of thread

Views: 852

Hi Cappers,

A bit of confusion here too. The Watford/Brighton free kick has been raised as an issue in Regards and comparison to the Man City goal being disallowed. As far as we are all concerned now, if the ball hits an arm in the build up to a goal then it won't be allowed. Defensively if the ball hits a player on the arm it will also be a free kick or penalty. I think if it's from point blank range it won't be given.

All a bit confusing.

Howard Hall who used to play for us tweeted that on a Saturday he was on the floor facing away from play and the ball was kicked at him and hit his elbow and a penalty was given.

I think it's going to get even more confusing as the season goes on due to inconsistently.

By BRAMLEY17/8/2019 23:50Sat Aug 17 23:50:49 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1Top of thread

Views: 1060

Yep - Earlsmead definitely the fair result. We played for 70 minutes with just 10 players and stuck to the task well and being under the cosh for most of the 2nd half. I hope Terry had a good day out at Northwood but he would have enjoyed a decent afternoon in Hampshire and a veggie burger - but hey ho. :-)

By Terry18/8/2019 00:39Sun Aug 18 00:39:17 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1Top of thread

Views: 1060

Hello Bramley and Forum Members.
Well Northwood had a disaster with a 3-0 defeat to Westfield in their Isthmian Divs 1 match.
Always a pleasure visting Chestnut Avenue but many things wrong here a Lack of fight and determination Losing balls in bad areas playing out slowy from the back the very things Boro have in fact corrected. Northwood were doing.
Just Looking at twitter feed it sounds a harsh pen against us but Anthony O' Connor again to the rescue.
Disappointing l suppose we couldnt put them away as they played for 70 mins with 10 men but if you had offered us a point at the start its a good result.
So many good signs and Northwood could Learn from us!

By BRAMLEY18/8/2019 00:59Sun Aug 18 00:59:45 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1Top of thread

Views: 985

Terry - good fortune for the season - you have clearly had a good start. Hartley are planning to aspire to this level and above when achievable, and provide a quality match day experience both to visiting fans and an increasing number of neutral fans and ground hoppers. I know your area reasonably well and regularly frequent SJP when supporting Edgware Town. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

By Terry18/8/2019 01:20Sun Aug 18 01:20:13 2019In response to Re: full time HW1 HB1Top of thread

Thats very kind of you Bramley.
All these things take time and money of course ground upgrade and of course having a competitive team on the pitch.
Looking forward to seeing you and Hartley fans when you come to Earlsmead.

Previous thread: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3. by Terry13/8/2019 23:36Tue Aug 13 23:36:34 2019view thread